Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

okay this is ridiculous! when the queue reach 0, you got kicked back to the hundreds thousands queue.

totally gonna start using a bot.

Having lots of disconnects and getting kicked out. Basically spoiled the fun for me. I am just constantly connecting and disconnecting :-/

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Working today.

The campaign seems pretty perfunctory. Last level had some good gfx but overall, somewhat uninspired expansion so far. I guess there is 20 quests, haven't delved in to them.

Due to all the complaining everything is just on autopilot, so some thrill is gone from the game. It seems a bit slower to level light, but the important part is it's still inexorable.

I did get a Hopscotch Pilgrim yr 3 with rangefinder and smallbore/braced frame. Seems like a laser even just using small bore so far (braced frame maxes the stability, but drops the mag to 27). Too early to tell but could be good. I know that archetype isn't meta, but I'm wondering if Pilgrim could break in due to high stability, plus didn't they just get buffed a tad?.

Played a little rumble supremacy, didn't do great. Not sure I love the mode, it's basically just even higher tension than regular rumble cause now you gotta worry about collecting crests too. Plus it (sort of) forces CQC never my strength, although I'm getting a bit better with shotgun.

The grind is real again...Bungie slowed down progression a lot.

I'm at 354. I didn't realize the raid debuted this weekend. Requiring 365.

Best way is to farm Omnigul. Short that, just run strikes.

I noticed there is SO many less quests than TTK. It's basically grind light and Gjallahorn quest to start, which is way grindier than a typical TTK quest. Taken King felt like it threw 30 quests at you right away.

I'm not sure drastically fewer quests immediately is good or bad, just different. I think I like it feeling more laid back and less cluttered. I'm not even gonna bother with Khvostov quest anytime soon I think. On reddit I read Bungie screwed it up anyway, Khvostov sucks.

Plaguelands I dont love, it feels dirty and cramped not pristine and open like I feel snow levels should. Cosmodrome is much better thematically.

Best way to level solo (learned from reddit). Do 320 Devils Lair strike over and over from the directory. This even worked for me to get an artifact and ghost shell when they lagged a lot. I suspect the game has a smart loot system when any component, even your shell/artifact, lags TOO far behind.

It's been much faster for me than 350 Siva playlist for various reasons. I'm already 358, wish I knew this sooner. Because it's 320, Devils Lair goes by pretty fast and it's difficult to die, and you dont have to back out of half the strikes like with Siva 350 (Phogoth loot bugged, Fallen Saber too hard with Arc Burn, etc). But it still drops up to 365 blues.

Only downside as I understand is there's no chance at a skeleton key, but other than that a skeleton key gives you a good shot at an artifact I dont care. And since the Devils Lair method just gave me a much better artifact (ghost shell too), it isn't really needed. If there's strike specific loot that ends up being desirable I'll worry about it later, now I'm just trying to hit 365 for raid (even though I probably wont run it til next week LOL)

I didn't wanna farm Omni for various reasons. For one since I've been using my Titan only in ROI I'd have to level my nightstalker from 335 to 350+, (doable with infusion fuel I had on hand , but still didn't feel like messing with it). Two I dont have any arc sword (just voids and the ROI solar one). Three I didn't feel like messing with LFG.

I dont even want to think about past 365 though where it seemingly gets even tougher. I expect a patch sooner or later.

I'm glad Bungie made leveling more difficult again (even though I probably prefer RNG to inexorability either way), but they may have taken it a smidge too far. Bungie gonna bungie. They've fundamentally changed levelling in every single expansion. They also claimed they didn't change it in interviews before ROI.

Last edited:
The artifact that turns enemies into allies is the worst thing ever. Buy anything except that from the cryptarch.

I bought the no sprint lock one. Given my crucible playstyle, it'll be basically useless to me. But I just needed a 350 artifact and the other 2 seem even worse.

I think the radar one is the one that will really fit my playstyle. However if a different one becomes meta I'll just have to use that.

Pains me that I haven't been able to try Shinobu's vow yet since I'm not on my hunter. Still got 5 exotic gauntlet engrams saved to try for it. It sounds beastly though. Bungie nerf incoming (even though from what I read on reddit Warlock Ophidian Aspect is worse, Bungie will nerf the hunter one instead).

I dont even remember, is it a quest or something? I forgot how I got it already.

359...I probably could take a low level crack at the raid already.

I have seen a lot of dudes way higher than me even days ago. Before I learned Devils Lair method earlier today I was wondering how the hell they did it.

The new leveling system is really dumb though (not how hard necessarily, but that such narrow methods are needed). Imagine you're some solo newb or young kid trying to figure this shit out. You never will without outside help or a strong desire to read up on it on the internet. Bungie needs to try to make a system that just works by playing the game. Not, I have to do this, then this, then know to go in this specific strike playlist (and how without knowing how would you even figure out the strike playlist mattered? It's not like the director isn't chock full of a hundred equally important looking things) and get the blues, but not the blue engrams (which doesn't even make sense, purples are supposed to be better, but they're actually worse). I realize people communicate with each other, so the methods get known, but still, it doesn't have to be so convoluted.

Last edited:
how the heck do you buy the artifacts? it need some new material :(
Its a quest u get automatically. I think 15 patrols , could be wrong.
Btw, the artifact is pretty good in strikes actually. We had this giant on our side and he cleared one whole wave of enemies in teh undying mind strike. Was very helpful :)

I will say it is cool how the new artifacts are not class locked...but I guess just those special ones?

Now I can just transfer my Memory of Jolder to my hunter and he has a high light artifact. Easy peasy.

So i got the Gjallarhorn and rhe Khvostov. I knw there is a quest for thorn which i dont know how to start . Which is the 4th exotic quest then?

I'm concentrating on leveling not weapon quests. Plenty of time to do those later. Except Gjallahorn, I got it. I haven't used it yet though much, haven't leveled it past 350 is why. I wonder if it's still pretty beastly or what?

Khvostov according to reddit is bugged, so that it sucks. It's fire rate as a pulse and scout are broken making it pathetic as either one of those (it's only decent as an AR I think). So that's another reason I didn't bother yet.

I couldn't tell ya London-boy, my buddy knew and I was just following him. IIRC, if you don't have the original Khvostov, you have to go back to the beginning area (where you first pick it up) through patrol in Plague Lands and pick up weapon parts or something. There's probably a youtube video. Personally it doesn't interest me, but it's nice to have I guess.

Tip: The best way to level up quickly if you can find a group is to farm the 320 Omingul strike. I went from 355 to 362 in like 30min. Just keep equipping your newly acquired blue items that are higher level and keep killing her before she leaves. The highest level items will drop is 365.

Linked up with some randoms in Archon's Forge so that my other 3 buddies could join and have a 6 man team. Did that for like 30min and I got a But Not Forgotten sniper; probably one of my favorite looking weapons in the game.

Last night I was farming omnigul at 350, very quick. Just have to kill her before she leaves, right at the first section. Can only do that with the 350 as it has arc burn, plus a couple friends, I think.

How do I get the Khostov quest?
A random drop in plague lands starts it . You will find a Siva Intel relay, just look in ur inventory, you most probably have it already. Aftet that its fun to find it out urself. I digured it out myself without yourube videos and it felt very fun :) ! I did the gjallarhorn quest on my own too, without any guides and it felt very fun to discover thw steps on my own.

If you are impatient a simple youtube search willimmediately provide all info to just follow the steps. I feel it kills the excitement of figurinf it out oneself though. It isn't didficult at all, the game helps a lot in letting you figure out the what and where ofeverything :)

The exotic quest weapons are dropping at what light level? Depending on guardian light level or pre-set at 350?

Btw anybody raiding at launch? On PS4?

Can I join?

Gjallahorn came at 350 (and I was way over 350 at the time), that's the only one I've done. So I assume all are 350. Bungie should've at least made em drop up to 385. But Bungie always gonna Bungie.

Hit 360 real quick this morning with a bunch of heavy ammo from Xur into faction packages. Then I decided to save the rest because of Datto's vid advice.

I still have 382 heavy synth and 600 strange coins. Every 100 strange coins is worth 3 faction levels.

What all EXACTLY do you need to farm Omni? Dont you need a night stalker with an arc sword, or a Warlock with stormcaller? I dont have either (dont have any arc sword or warlock). I'm unclear on this.

Another thing is I think farming 320 Omingul works just fine. This way you can just choose her out of the directory, and she'd be easier to kill (tradeoff being you lose arc burn, and I'm not sure how that works out). In that case you wouldn't need an arc sword? I dont know. I only need 5 more levels then I'm through with blues, but if I could do it quicker with Omni I will. Also can you do it with striker Titan? Time to go dive deep into reddit comments I guess...

If I just finish out 365 doing Devils Lair, it's going to take me a bit...seems like 2-3 strikes per level maybe? So that's 15 more runs at 15 minutes per...yeah you can do it faster but it's time gated to an extent (like how boss gains an impenetrable shield every so often), and it depends on your matchmade teammates.

Anyways from Datto's vid here's what will give you 365+ stuff: Strike chests, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Faction packages and Raid/Trials. I can still do NF on my 2 hunters, I dont have any strike keys right now, I should be able to get quite a few faction packages with my remaining coins/synth, I still have a decent amount of exotic engrams and should be able to accrue a few more if I can remember to pop 3oC more often.

Oh shit, I guess the raid is today...fark. Maybe best to blow those faction packages now then. I imagine the raid will level you faster than any other method post 365 anyway, assuming people actually can progress in it the first few days though...

Edit 2: Guess it doesn't matter since first encounter is supposedly 350, on up to 370 for last encounter. Too easy...

Last edited:
Back