Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Got a 372 artifact from nightfall chest, yay! 370 overall now, that artifact should carry me to 375+...in my experience Shells drop more often from faction packages.

Me? No, when does that come out?

I'll probably give normal raid a spin soon enough. 370 is a good enough level especially given the graduated nature of the encounters, and Bungies recommended light (370). I do probably need to get Gjallahorn leveled some more first though. I think it's 362, haven't been using it that much.

I see lots of people way higher light than me in my friends list, rosters etc, I wonder how they did it. Well partly, I just came off 3 full days of not paying while they were I suppose. But I also wonder if those who raid are making much better progress?

I saw TripleWreck on stream complaining that his 3rd character wasn't 385 yet (but he was mistaken it was). 3 385 characters less than a week after the expansion dropped like, no big deal.

There's really shockingly few ways to progress at 365+. Faction rep, 3oC exotics, Nightfall (only once/week). It generally takes SEVERAL engrams or faction levels to even advance one level. That's assuming your shell and artifact are square. Mine are now both 372 so I'm in a great place with a path to ~375+ at least.

I'm kinda disappointed they dropped three new artifacts this week and still no radar one, the one I want. I'm actually surprised how lackluster the artifacts actually seem in practice, I thought they'd be OP. Be interesting to see which one emerges in the meta. Probably the stupid fucking sprinting one of course, cause kids with ADD and shotguns.

Still a bit disappointed in plaguelands, it's fun but, it feels closed and grimy, not gorgeous like it was touted. The snow is dirty not pristine, and the spaces are not open. Cosmodrome is still the gold standard IMO.

Last edited:
New Destiny 2 rumors hit. It's about what I thought, the old engine was dragging them down, new one will allow much more frequent updates. Basically to sum up the rumors they want the spaces to be much bigger and more dense. Also I guess they dont want you to have to go to orbit all the time though I'm a big vague on that. You'll somehow transition directly to activities from the world more often? 750 developers supposedly, that's great. Only GTA that I know of can rival that (I guess maybe Ubi games which are kind of crowd sourced from all their devs every couple years maybe?). Also suggests the game is making good profit?

peaking of profit one obnoxious thing I noticed is they really push the $60 collection on XBO digital. They really make it hard to find the $30 ROI expansion only. It's pretty shady IMO, and I dont see it discussed a lot but IMO it's worse than a lot of stuff that does get criticized in gaming. But I guess.

PC version too. I bet that will make the game a monster on twitch. Hopefully I can get my PC-tard only brother to give it a try.

One fresh rumor post from GAF from alleged in the know guy.
Originally Posted by shinobi602

Yea, it's coming to PC. From what I'm told the decision to restructure was made thanks to a major memory ceiling being reached on last gen with regard to the Rise of Iron expansion, which was set to launch in the spring, not fall. Bungie decided to push out D2 since it was behind and needed much more iteration, and took advantage of the Rise of Iron delays to use that as the content stop gap for the fall of this year.

Destiny 2 is being overhauled so that they can build upon it in the future without having to work within the frame work limitations that D1 setup. Right now, the way things play out, they have to introduce playspaces so that players can engage in systems or activities, but it creates a huge barrier that must be overcome on both the networking & design side so, they're going to do more open playspaces that incorporate towns, outposts, etc into more common areas. This means fewer hardlines for areas and having them be gated by menus. Goal is to have players conducting things & making activity decisions while still in control of their character, instead of having to exit out into an activity hub. Think of how in WoW, you hit a button and queue into activities you want to do all while still playing your character.

Major narrative changes are on board for D2. Both in terms of plot direction, pacing & structure. Major focus is going to be on the Cabal & Saturn. Saturn is a playspace is set to be bigger than all of the playspaces currently implemented in the game combined. This is in large part of the scale of playspaces being redesigned, so it'll be both bigger & denser with activities. There's a reason Guardians take the fight to Saturn.

Major changes to the engine are occurring. Their render tech has gone through some major iteration thanks in large part to getting to approach it without having last-gen as a limit. Because of this, they are still undecided what, if any, of Destiny's old content, both in terms of playspace, areas, Strikes & raids, will be available through D2. There is talk in possibly allowing D1 remain as its own client, which flies against how Destiny currently operates, where as the new content renders the old client & content obsolete.

Live team has been going through some iteration so that they may continue to support Destiny with content after a major content drop, but they are stuck between a rock & a hard place. The live team is trying to support a game running on an old engine with its older tools, whereas the bulk of development is on the engine framework & enjoying new tools. Because of this, the Live team is largely handcuffed, so don't really expect a whole lot of post-launch content for D1 in the next year.

However, starting with the launch of D2, we will see far more substantial content dropping in the time between yearly releases, as the game & engine & live team have all been planned to support that going forward. Team is aware that they need more substantial content throughout the year, not just at the end of it.

If they do drop D1 content, it likely won't be permanent - they might reintroduce areas in a more 'D2' fleshed out way. So we might lose temporary access to these places, then regain it or have to fight back for control of it at a later point in the plot. This means we'll get to see older areas or activities through the perspective of the newer content, which also means the older areas might expand considerably by the time we get back to them, since the design goal for playspaces is to now make them both way bigger & way denser with activities.

Edit: New races & factions are planned. No idea on whats happening with regards to classes however. New enemies within factions are also going to be introduced. Take the Sions for the Cabal for example - they are going to get fleshed out in D2.

Last edited:
I hit 384 yesterday. I was stuck around 370 for a while. I got like 6 ghosts from dead orbit below 370, then didn't get another until I hit 381. Most of my advancement after 370 was from pvp. Weapon drops were fairly regular and they were almost always 2 light levels above what I had. I used the faction packages to upgrade my armor. The only higher level fragments I could get were out of the loot chests at the end of strikes. Last artifact I got was a 382 light level blue.

I ran the nightfall at 383 and had a legendary heavy machine gun drop at 389. I infused a gjallarhorn, so now I have one at 389.

My buddy is 386. He opened a TON of packages and grinded like crazy. The rest of the people in my group are ~375-379. I'm still stuck at 371 and I beat the raid 5x. Tbh I haven't been making much of an attempt to level my characters.

I honestly feel no need to level up higher for the normal mode raid; I've been doing the raid at 360-370 LL just fine. Once I hit 370 I did notice a difference in DPS though (enemies are no longer numbered in orange text).

I will definitely want to level up my character to at least ~375 in time for ToO... shouldn't be a problem.

The mystery behind the monitors has been solved and the quest for the new exotic pulse rifle is obtainable now. Did it earlier tonight, now to finish the quest tomorrow.

The only thing i do not like about the Destiny 2 rumours is the fact that ir characyers would not carry over. Bungie had reiterated multiple times that ur guardians are most important and will always carry over, yet now it seems they are dropping them.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Add me guys! Ddeiana on psn
Omg that was you [emoji14] ! Nice....i kept trying to remember who ddeiana is and couldnt....lol !
I will jump on anytime i see you online again [emoji106]. My fireteam buddies are playing in different time zones now so am usually soloing.

Finally reached the seemingly impossible 360 ! The levelling is still so slow though or i am too impatient. Jumped into a game where people were playing tha forge and that helped rise from 358 to 359.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Got a unexpectedly cool scout from a random drop, it's called Cryptic Dragon. Rolled with Crowd Control, hand laid stock (nearly maxes stability), and best of all for me, third eye.

Third eye is key to my playstyle and scouts in general IMO so that makes the gun. But it's stats are good across the board to boot. It's a decent 50 in equip speed (underrated stat, if it's low the gun will handle like a brick and you will lose gunfights because of that, see almost all high impact scouts), decent ish AA around 60, solid 19 in the mag. Contrast that with Angels Advocate firing faster and only coming with 14. Sights are fine/good. Saw Crowd Control proc at least once in crucible as I did a 70 head shot.

Been doing pretty well with it in crucible. It should be my best of this archetype anyway probably for the whole expansion, a distance monster. So far easily outduels snipers with the new flinch rules. With the high mag it'll be my PVE go to for a while as well, although this archetype scouts bore me to tears in PVE (regardless of being best, I've used them too much, just like Mida in PVP), I haven't used one in a while so it'll be fine.

I'm almost 372...which I could make if I used my last exotic special engram since my special is 368, but holding it for now. Crawling along...

Probably do raid tonight, feel ready, not much else to do already honestly.

Skribbles, that's all nice for PVE, but in IB/Trials 385 people will be at the advantage..that's kinda what I'm worried about.

Is this your first 2/100 AR?
WHat does 2/100 mean ? My previous favourite R was Armenius-D : another super high RPM AR with manageable stability ! Where Khvostov trumps it is the fact that Khvostov seems to have a sticky aim assist which ends up landing many more headshots

Got a unexpectedly cool scout from a random drop, it's called Cryptic Dragon. Rolled with Crowd Control, hand laid stock (nearly maxes stability), and best of all for me, third eye.

Got one with Triple Tap,Armor Piercing Rounds/Hand-laid Stock/Field Scout,Outlaw

It's a nice PvE Scout if you need sustained DPS. I keep it.

Screenshot_20160929-174807.png
Heres mine. Zen moment, hand laid stock/armourpiercing+ Firefly .
Havent tried it out though as i got it pretty early. Just using whatever drops at higher level right now.

Back