Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Why?

Sony, is pretty much promoting Destiny, so one would expect that the PS4 edition would offer some type of exclusive DLC - right?

MS damn near pioneered the way during XB360/PS3 days of offering exclusive DLC. So what's all the hubbub about?

Did you get Titanfall? If so, the XB1 or PC edition?

I've asked before but what game has MS had exclusive content locked away for a year plus exclusive content in the season pass locked away for a year ?

Even COD only has its content locked away for a month .

As for titanfall I own it on both pc and xbox one. I tend to buy mostly on price now a days. Once in awhile if a few of my younger second cousins really want to play as a group I will double dip. They don't have gaming pcs but have xbox ones. That's how I ended up buying titanfall twice.
Their parents like that I drop in on them while they are playing and make sure they are behaving. The nice thing is that I sometimes get gifts from my cousins randomly because they over hear their kid cursing playing a game. So its nice when they show up and are like oh we got an extra copy of this , do you want it. I'm so easily bought as a baby sitter :devilish:

I've asked before but what game has MS had exclusive content locked away for a year plus exclusive content in the season pass locked away for a year ?

So all the fuss is about the availability time for the DLC?

Are we getting that nitpicky as gamers?

Why shouldn’t Sony benefit from having a lengthy lockout of certain Destiny DLC? They’re promoting the hell out of it, and more than likely wanting that edge on driving up console sales.

How about all the poor PS4 users who want to play Titanfall, but they can’t, because EA has tunnel vision…

How about all the gamers suffering from 3-6 months’ time exclusivity deals on both sides?

What I’m getting at, is that Sony made a great deal with Bungie, as MS has done with others as well.

As for titanfall I own it on both pc and xbox one.

Sounds good. Which one do you enjoy more? Performance and IQ wise...

I had the pc copy preordered. I enjoy eyefinity and keyboard and mouse for fps games.

Ah eyefinity, this is why I like competitive MP titles on console, you don't have people with flash setups enjoying 180 degree FOV advantages... and everyone plays with the same controller, no 8200 dpi gaming mice here...

But what if my skills include having more time and a fat wallet?
Then use your fat wallet skill to hire some guy from China to play for you

I think a balanced game should allow for my ambition to use repetitive tactics and camp and snipe and spawnkill poor people who are in a hurry.
These are legitimate tactics so I'm not sure why you mention this alongside you wanting assists and buffs for playing the game longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why shouldn’t Sony benefit from having a lengthy lockout of certain Destiny DLC? They’re promoting the hell out of it, and more than likely wanting that edge on driving up console sales.

How about all the poor PS4 users who want to play Titanfall, but they can’t, because EA has tunnel vision…

How about all the gamers suffering from 3-6 months’ time exclusivity deals on both sides?

What I’m getting at, is that Sony made a great deal with Bungie, as MS has done with others as well.

We've already gone over this. Apparently Sony/Activision are the devil for locking up DLC, but MS gets a pass for locking up DLC and full/timed exclusivity on games. Also, apparently locking up DLC is akin to delaying the last few hours of the game for XB1 owners somehow.

As for titanfall I own it on both pc and xbox one. I tend to buy mostly on price now a days. Once in awhile if a few of my younger second cousins really want to play as a group I will double dip. They don't have gaming pcs but have xbox ones. That's how I ended up buying titanfall twice.
Their parents like that I drop in on them while they are playing and make sure they are behaving. The nice thing is that I sometimes get gifts from my cousins randomly because they over hear their kid cursing playing a game. So its nice when they show up and are like oh we got an extra copy of this , do you want it. I'm so easily bought as a baby sitter :devilish:
GTA IV DLC was delayed for over a year on PS3/PC, and that was more significant than what Destiny offers PS4 owners. Not to mention the fact that MS locks up DLC and third-party exclusives far more than Sony does. There might be more long-term timed exclusivity DLC deals, but that's the only one I remember.

I get why you're not happy, but I think you're overreacting.

Last edited by a moderator:

1] I don't mind a month or two exclusive dlc but if its approaching a year why would I buy a title and then buy a season pass if i'm not getting the full content for over a year. Will anyone actually care about destiny after a year ? We will all be playing 2015 holiday releases at that point.

2] What about the pc and xbox owners who want to play uncharted or the last of us. Why aren't those out on other systems. This is a silly thing to ask. Titanfall wasn't released on the ps4 with missing content and then had a season pass that continued to lack content for a year after release.

3) Like I said , I don't mind a month or two exclusive dlc. But we are talking a year with destiny

4) I bet when MS ties up content for a big game for a year everyone with a ps4 will be bitching and moaning

5) The 7950 in my pc runs it like butter but I really love playing with the controller. Its a rare fps where the controller works better ( and I think its because of all the jumping.)

But now I can use my xbox one controller on my pc. So i'm good lol

MS damn near pioneered the way during XB360/PS3 days of offering exclusive DLC. So what's all the hubbub about?

Being on the wrong side of the marketing gun.

2] What about the pc and xbox owners who want to play uncharted or the last of us. Why aren't those out on other systems. This is a silly thing to ask. Titanfall wasn't released on the ps4 with missing content and then had a season pass that continued to lack content for a year after release.

I believe that you understand the difference between "buying out a game" and outright "owning the studio".

They're first party games.

Independent developers who release a title on only one machine (Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive) are trading multiplatform reach for a secure funding deal from the platform holder. Devs who release the same game on multiple machines but with (timed) exclusive content are trading a small deal for a small change on their reach. they are all the same thing though, just to different scales. Paying $n million to secure 1 year's exclusivity with some in game content, or paying $m thousands to secure some DLC for a couple of months, or paying $k million to secure a whole title for its duration, are all the same thing. Sony paying to secure Destiny content for a year to attract buyers to their platform is absolutely no different to MS paying EA to make Titanfall MS exclusive.

Does it suck if you're a gamer without that platform? Yes. That's the downside to competing platforms as they try to one-up each other. There's no solution other than to have multiple consoles. If one only wants one platform, one has to recognise there'll be sacrifices. You'll miss out on content, sometimes forever and sometimes as just a delay, thanks to business shenanigans. You can certainly grumble about it, but please do recognising it's standard practice for all companies. If a few months DLC delay doesn't bother you, it won't make you go and buy the platform where it's exclusive. The fact that this DLC deal does bother you means it's applying pressure for you to buy a PS4. That may backfire, but it shows the reasoning, and the market will decide if it works or not. I'm guessing Destiny will do proportionally better on PS4 than XB1 though, in part due to this deal.

1] I don't mind a month or two exclusive dlc but if its approaching a year why would I buy a title and then buy a season pass if i'm not getting the full content for over a year. Will anyone actually care about destiny after a year ? We will all be playing 2015 holiday releases at that point.

Maybe you should look at it is exclusive PS4 content above and beyond anything in the seaon pass, if you get it a year late then bonus. They are not taking anything away from you. The PS version of Watch_dogs had some exclusive missions, the season pass does not include that. Maybe the same is true here. The non-PS platforms are getting exactly what the seaon pass intends to give.

You basically sound bitter, when MS does it great (COD, Garden Warfare, etc.), when Sony does it they are cheating you. :rolleyes:

Turns out everyone can get the beta code : just place an order on amazon, they immediately send u the promotional code that u are supposed to enter at Bungie's website, then cancel your order as soon as u get the mail.
A randomn FB guy just gave us all beta codes like that !
Also, the Bungie website says it will give 3 beta codes once you input the promotional code , which seems to mean each pre order nets u 3 codes actually. The codes are note yet being given for Europe yet. Can the Americans here confirm that u get 3 codes ! If yes, I guess everyone on earth will be in the beta :cool: !

2vwvhfp.jpg

Where I would get the codes says this

Come back on Jul 23 2014 to get your marketplace code!

That said, I certainly see no reason to not take them at their word. It specifically says you get 3 codes in the prior screens.

Disappointing to me that you cant get codes for multiple platforms though. Having a One and a 360. I could give one to my buddy on 360, and I'd like to do graphical comparisons between the versions as well, so it'd be nice to get use 2 codes for 360 and one code for One, for example. Instead all 3 codes will be for only one platform.

While the Amazon part is easy, I dont see an easy way to make multiple Bungie accounts. They're tied to your MS ID (and it would be even tougher if each account needs a gold sub to play the Beta). Or, I wonder if you can apply multiple codes (IE a 360 code and a One code) from different Amazon preorders in your single bungie account? I dont know if I'd want to risk such shenanigans before the Beta is at least in my grubby hands on one platform.

Edit. it looks like they encourage you to use all the codes you want though. I'll probably preorder it amazon for 360 and get some codes that way then cancel.

I mean I could well get the game anyway, it just wont likely be from Amazon.

While I was waiting for Bungie to send me my Beta code from my fake Amazon Preorder, I removed my CC info from my account and pre-ordered from PSN: Guess what, I am downloading the Beta right now :LOL: ! This "pre-order for Beta" has become a complete joke ! Everyone is preordering from PSN and Amazon, then cancelling the pre-order. Like I said, everyone with a ps360/Ps4Xbone will be in the beta :LOL: ! Free game for all !

When my codes from Amazon arrive, I can share with you all here.

Wonder what Bungie thinks about this situation :p !

I actually pre-ordered the XBO version but will be playing the 360 beta since I haven't yet bought the XBO. It doesn't matter which version you pre-order since you can select which console to play the beta on when you redeem the pre-order beta code.

I actually pre-ordered the XBO version but will be playing the 360 beta since I haven't yet bought the XBO. It doesn't matter which version you pre-order since you can select which console to play the beta on when you redeem the pre-order beta code.

PS3 PSN and PS4 PSN preoders dont give you choice, you just get 1 beta access code for that account [no code redeeming at Bungie site].

While I was waiting for Bungie to send me my Beta code from my fake Amazon Preorder, I removed my CC info from my account and pre-ordered from PSN: Guess what, I am downloading the Beta right now :LOL: ! This "pre-order for Beta" has become a complete joke ! Everyone is preordering from PSN and Amazon, then cancelling the pre-order. Like I said, everyone with a ps360/Ps4Xbone will be in the beta :LOL: ! Free game for all !

When my codes from Amazon arrive, I can share with you all here.

Wonder what Bungie thinks about this situation :p !

Surely they are aware and probably think the beta will swing some sales for them... Atleast I see it that way, the beta will largely serve as a gateway to future sales.

3) Like I said , I don't mind a month or two exclusive dlc. But we are talking a year with destiny

4) I bet when MS ties up content for a big game for a year everyone with a ps4 will be bitching and moaning

5) The 7950 in my pc runs it like butter but I really love playing with the controller. Its a rare fps where the controller works better ( and I think its because of all the jumping.)

But now I can use my xbox one controller on my pc. So i'm good lol

I honestly wouldn't spend too much time concerning yourself with this stuff eastman.

The content in question is likely going to be some inconsequential gear or a couple of poorly acted token side missions that add nothing to the overall game narrative anyway.

Rarely is content exclusive to a vendor, significant in any way. Both the content creators and exclusive deal holders know this. These kinds of deals are for marketing tick-boxes and for that alone. The actual content in question is often never anything that the gamers who are being denied would have even care about anyway.

I think since all this exclusive DLC bs started, the only significant example that legitimately shafted gamers was the GTA IV episodes. And the fact that they intially sold poorly on Xbox was a nice wake-up call to devs and pubs, that they can't sign away significant portions of their game's content to a single platform holder, and not expect to lose out in sales of said content when they have limited themselves to a much smaller customer base for it.

I don't know exactly which version you reserved but the Destiny Ghost Edition of the game is sold out on the Xbox One already. :oops:

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/destiny/news/destiny_ghost_edition_sold_out_on_xbox_one.html

I don't know exactly which version you reserved but the Destiny Ghost Edition of the game is sold out on the Xbox One already. :oops:

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/destiny/news/destiny_ghost_edition_sold_out_on_xbox_one.html

Guessing Ghost edition is being at least partly horded by potential ebayers sensing an opportunity. Some WoW collectors editions for example, made a killing on ebay.

Oh well I'm pretty through with ebay, the hassles aren't worth the relatively small usual profit after ebay's fee gouging :p

In other news, the beta is 4 days on X1, aye?

Back