Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

When has ms had anything close to a year long exclusive on dlc in which sony / Nintendo players have bought the content ?

This doesn't make any sense. Titan fall is a full game. Its just not avalible on playstation. This is different. ITs akin to getting a game and not getting the last few hours of the game till a year later. Its a bit crazy to me
MS may have paid for full games, let alone timed DLC. We don't know.

Timed exclusive DLC is nothing like waiting for the last few hours of the game a year later. Don't be ridiculous.

I might be wrong but some of the DLC is even exclusive after the time-exclusivity? That's just pushing it further than ever before. Bungie am disappoint a bit there.

Well this is from sony

As an added bonus for PlayStation platforms, the Destiny Expansion pass will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II that will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015.

found here

so there is content in the $35 season pass that will be exclusive to sony for at least a year. effectively the life of the game.

MS may have paid for full games, let alone timed DLC. We don't know.

Timed exclusive DLC is nothing like waiting for the last few hours of the game a year later. Don't be ridiculous.

Sony might have also paid for full games too , I don't see your point. Never having a game is different than paying the same price and getting less of a game .

Oh, so you're mad at the publisher, not Sony. Otherwise there's no difference between Sony and MS, so you can't put it on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so you're mad at the publisher, not Sony.

I'm mad at all those involved including those eating it up.

Tieing up content for a year shouldn't be acceptable to any gamer.

FOr me there are plenty of other games for me to choose from instead of this. So from here I drop out of this thread

I'm mad at all those involved including those eating it up.

Tieing up content for a year shouldn't be acceptable to any gamer.
It seems ludicrous in an online game but I guess it depends on the significance of the content. If it's a few weapons/vehicles that give players no advantage and is really just a cosmetic thing than there's no harm done. I'm assuming the latter because, like I said, that'd ludicrous! :yep2:

Alll MP maps also have randomn TODs, cool little thing which can provide variety. Also, if I heard it right, he says there are 17 ways to one of the capture points !!!! Thats freaking awesome. Although I hate the looks of this map, and also the Shores of Time Venus map. That Venus doesn't look like Venus at all :(< it has grass and trees and piss filter earth. WTH, I imagined a sci-fi Blue venus with gases and swamps ! I am not happy that the "alien" maps don't look much different from the Earth maps ! If they look the same, then whats the point? If Mars also turns out to be just a desert, then I will be seriously dissappointed !

BTW, do I see POM on the bricks in the walls here?

This one is not for me then. It's not fair if I can't offset my skill deficit by throwing more time on it.

Umm, it is fair. People who are more skilled at playing the game should be able to beat people who simply have more time on their hands to spend on the game, or fat wallets to buy gear...

Players should get better by spending more time on the game, if despite spending 100 hours on a game, they still get beaten by noobs then they should go suck eggs rather than wish for crutches to assist their game.

Sony might have also paid for full games too , I don't see your point. Never having a game is different than paying the same price and getting less of a game .
Just buy the game on PS4 then, it'll have better graphics and run better than the XB1 version too.

Umm, it is fair. People who are more skilled at playing the game should be able to beat people who simply have more time on their hands to spend on the game, or fat wallets to buy gear...

Players should get better by spending more time on the game, if despite spending 100 hours on a game, they still get beaten by noobs then they should go suck eggs rather than wish for crutches to assist their game.

But what if my skills include having more time and a fat wallet?

I think a balanced game should allow for my ambition to use repetitive tactics and camp and snipe and spawnkill poor people who are in a hurry.

God, I thought time and a fat wallet were mutually exclusive... You must be doing very well for yourself. ;)

I might be wrong but some of the DLC is even exclusive after the time-exclusivity? That's just pushing it further than ever before. Bungie am disappoint a bit there.

I think the gamers that are experiencing the biggest disappointment are the die hard Halo fans who happen to be die hard xbox fans.

Imagine if Ground Zero would have been a 1 year exclusive title for the XB1. I am quite sure more than a few playstation gamers would have been dismayed by such actions on the part of Konami and kojima.

I think the gamers that are experiencing the biggest disappointment are the die hard Halo fans who happen to be die hard xbox fans.

System brand loyalty never made any sense to me... :nope:

I enjoy PC games, so I have a few PC units on playing them.

I enjoy PS4 games, so I have a PS4 on playing them.

I enjoy XB360 games, so I have a XB360 on playing them.

I enjoy PS3 games, so I have a PS3 on playing them.

And so on, and so on, and so on....

System brand loyalty never made any sense to me... :nope:

I enjoy PC games, so I have a few PC units on playing them.

I enjoy PS4 games, so I have a PS4 on playing them.

I enjoy XB360 games, so I have a XB360 on playing them.

I enjoy PS3 games, so I have a PS3 on playing them.

And so on, and so on, and so on....

Your in a thread about a multiplatform title . One would expect the same content for the multiplatform title on all of the platforms it is released on.

One would expect the same content for the multiplatform title on all of the platforms it is released on.
Well, one would certainly hope that all platforms have the same content, though I'm not sure an attentive observer of the games industry would expect that situation. ;)

Your in a thread about a multiplatform title . One would expect the same content for the multiplatform title on all of the platforms it is released on.

Why?

Sony, is pretty much promoting Destiny, so one would expect that the PS4 edition would offer some type of exclusive DLC - right?

MS damn near pioneered the way during XB360/PS3 days of offering exclusive DLC. So what's all the hubbub about?

I had the pc copy preordered. I enjoy eyefinity and keyboard and mouse for fps games.

Did you get Titanfall? If so, the XB1 or PC edition?

Back