Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Some Crucible stats that kinda make me proud...

Destiny Tracker Elo adjusts for solo queue'rs (me). It has me Diamond, top 2% in clash! Not sure I fully believe that, but hey!

I saw a similar thing a while ago on Guardians.gg. I went on some clash win tear for some random reason and I saw it had me ranked really high in Clash Elo. Like top 4,000 in the world (maybe on XBO?) I think. Over 1400. I dont believe Guardians adjusts for solo queue though. And since I've slipped some, but I'm still in the high 1300's on Guardian. On Clash. most other game types I'm in the 1100's befitting my scrub status.

I actually hate this cus the minute I start "caring" about some stat it affects my play choices negatively. Like right now I kinda dont want to play clash to preserve my high Elo. Or when I worry about k/d then I dont want to do stuff like try hand cannons because I know it will negatively affect my k/d for a while. When if k/d didn't exist I would have more fun trying out different weapons.

I still have 1.0 k/d so I'm not really under any illusions. Still, I wonder how much being in a team would improve my various crucible stats, sometimes I wonder if it would actually be a huge amount. What little I've done of it my k/d was really high, probably 2.0 easily, But very limited sample size.

Also proud of: KA/D=1.43, top 33%.

Another one is Destiny Tracker has a kill distance stat. I'm top 4%. If it means what I think, yeah, since I always use scout and mostly sniper, I'm in really rarified air for kill distance, it's nice to see my subjective impressions of my playstyle backed up by stats. Of course this isn't really good or bad. But it shows how extreme my long distance tilt is.

I still cant find a legendary primary other than Mida that I'm good with. People claim Hawksaw is just as good as Mida, I dont see it at all. To me it seems to have almost no benefit over Mida while being quite a bit slower to kill in most cases. I will say that it's at least viable at this point. I feel less effective with it, but at least not totally awful any more. I'm just so bored of Mida, I crave any variety in my primary, but nothing comes close to Mida in effectiveness for me. It's a catch 22. I cant wait for ROI because legendary Mida archetypes are confirmed to return as much as anything else. I would like to have at least a backup legendary primary that I'm good with for loadout flexibility when I want it.

Last edited:
I never understand the allure of stats and ranks. I just play for fun.

Destiny is one of the worse in those aspects.

Hey I like using X. BAM! nerfed.

Hey I like big maps. BAM! Maps removed.

I just want to win. BAM! Losing 5 times in a row.

Ugh. In titanfall even when I'm losing I still can have fun running around like headless chicken and killing bots. In battlefield I can camp the spawn screen to get a jet or helicopter, then playing however I want (although the nerfs in BF4 is just too much, bfbc2 still have the most freedom).

I think that ELO number is borked, it shows me at top 1% and that's ridiculous. It also shows me at top 1% for suicides, which I can believe ;)

KA/D is 1.56-1.61 and Platinum I in Clash. The really limited factor is that I have 10.3 kills on average which I assume has the most influence on the Combat rating which is disappointing 84-88. Defense Kills is 2% but Offensive is 9%. I still see myself as an average player.

One of my character has a 126 combat rating I think. Despite a .96 k/d on that char. Not sure what the heck combat rating entails. The others are like around 90's I think.

One thing I started thinking about is gametypes will affect stats...if you play rumble you have to finish first to get a "win" so your win% will decline (of course if you solo queue that will drag down your win % too). Also if you play games that tend to drag on longer like control and Rift, your kills per game will be higher.

Doing Skirmish grimoire now. These take forever. Skirmish has not been nearly as sweaty as I had feared though. I have been on like a 14-2 mostly winning streak the last couple days which is unheard of. Before that I was probably winning 3 out of 10 skirmish matches.

I'm still terrified of that rumble grimoire :( Not that I dont think I can win a rumble match here and there (I already have 9 rumble wins just from past dicking around), but it could take freaking forever. Plus I have a real psychology problem in trying to win Rumble matches, I'm always score watching when I'm close to the lead, then I feel pressure, and I choke under pressure. Not even to mention from what I can tell to win Rumble consistently requires aggressiveness, CQC, and shotguns, all things I'm not great at.

Yeah ELO is messed. My KA/D in Clash is 1.98, K/D is 1.50, K/G is 14.15 and I'm only Platinum II. Maybe it's because the majority of Clash that I played was in year 1 where they didn't have an ELO system IIRC. In year 2, 90% of the PVP I played was Trials of Osiris or 3v3 modes. Only 6v6 I played in year 2 was IB, which I didn't play a whole lot of.

My global KA/D is 1.8, K/D 1.36. K/G is only 10.43 because again I mostly played Trials in year 2, where K/G is much lower than any other mode. Win % is 67.6%; that's probably what I'm most proud of.

My Trials ELO is 1563 (Diamond I) with a 75% win%. 82x flawless according to Destiny Trials Report.

What Elo are you guys using though? I know of two seperate Elo systems, Guardians.gg and Destiny Tracker. Are there more?

Skribbles you have gaudy stats, but since you group all the time I feel they're a little inflated :) Of course I know you are way better than me, but yeah, 67 win percent? That's largely got to be enabled by playing in a great fireteam. It probably helps all your stats a lot, including k/d.

But damn, 82X flawless, you are a beast...

I had a couple weird games recently, first, on skirmish, 3v3, my side got out to a big lead, but it was like 2k to 1k. Then 1 of us drops, so it's now 2v3. I'm like hell, there goes the win. But we seem to be holding on so I'm like, maybe we can close it out. But this idiot I'm playing with keeps shooting me with his AR, trying to get my attention for some reason, super annoying. Anyways it gets super tight by the end, but we hold on for the win. Afterwords he messages me "clueless". I went 11-15 (and he was like 20-8), not very good but I was super tired, couldn't even really snipe. And hey, we did hold on for the WIN. So I cuss him out about shooting me because damn it was annoying. Basically turns out he was mad cus I kept "hardscoping" in a 2v3 or something. Except I didn't, it was mostly with Mida which has 3rd eye and I dont exactly consider a primary hardscoping. Anyways, I have been getting pretty grumpy myself, "hate messaging" idiots who dont even revive or wait for revives in Skirmish occasionally, so I guess I can take it. But I looked up his stats cause I was going to laugh if he had a .8 k/d or something...nope, all his Elo's were at least 1500 some over 1700...dude was GOOD.

Then the next game, EVERYBODY but me in the game totally sucked. Even though most of the game was 2v3 against my side, we still won, I went 25-8...they were so bad, they almost couldn't kill me. My teammate was 4-17, in a mostly 2v3 (their 3rd dropped late making it back to a 2v2 at the end) and we WON.

I think generally I'm liking Skirmish more than doing the Salvage Grimoire. I dont know, I think in general I prefer the simplicity of non objective game types. Objective game types can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes in Skirmish I feel like I'm experiencing that "sweaty" feel, that I have not had the opportunity to experience a lot in crucible, mostly solo queueing and playing Clash.

Last edited:
In Y1 I played with big groups of friends more often, but in Y2 not so much... mostly because we're not nearly as active as we used to be. And yeah, most of the guys that I play with are around my level.

At times it helps your K/D playing in groups, but others it doesn't. It helps in the sense that you're guaranteed to play with at least some good players. But at the same time, despite what Bungie has said, I think that skill has always been factored into match-making to some degree and the teams we match up against are usually highly skilled as well. Plus playing with good players means that they can steal a lot of your kills. :D

In my experience of playing solo vs in groups, my K/D is mostly the same, but my win % is considerably higher playing in groups (probably like ~50% vs ~65-75%). My K/G is also lower when playing in groups.

In regards to ELO, I believe there's essentially only 2: Destiny Tracker and GuardianGG/Destiny Trials Report. It gives you an ELO for each game type. My highest ELO is obviously in Trials since that's the mode I play the most. It's 1563 on DT and 1549 on Guardian.gg. My ELO has probably dropped a bit in Y2 since I haven't played as well due to inactivity.

Last edited:
Yeah, also wouldn't your K/D be lower because you play a lot of trials? That's going to be way tougher to rack up k/d in for a few reason, than public clash or something.

I've been seeing somewhat slow matchmaking in Xbox for a while at times, I first noticed it in freelance, it appeared literally nobody was playing that playlist at offbeat times like 2AM and it was hard to actually fill up a game (although I'm not sure whats going on behind the scenes).

As such, I tend to think matchmaking is sometimes throwing the only people playing together, at odd times and in less popular modes like Skirmish. I think that's why sometimes you get REALLY bad opponents, or why I got teamed with that 1700 Elo guy. I tend to like it, as it allows me to win a fair share of skirmish games. I also enjoy when the other team is a fireteam of three, you starty routing them early and they all leave. It's like, free win!

Btw freelance 6v6 seems to have a much higher skill level than normal clash TBH. I think only people who understand what that playlist is, aka mostly good veterans, go in it. I honestly rather do regular clash.

Posted on reddit, early Destiny concept art. So cool. The style of the game we got is incredible, but it doesn't match some of this stuff, holy smokes. I want all this in Destiny 2, and I want it Neo/Scorpio exclusive so these are ingame graphics :)

Destiny_Concept_Art_01a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_03a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_05a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_09a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_17a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_34a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_21a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_06a.jpg

Did I mention Holy smokes? More here: http://conceptartworld.com/?p=21721

Yeah, also wouldn't your K/D be lower because you play a lot of trials? That's going to be way tougher to rack up k/d in for a few reason, than public clash or something.
Somewhat I guess. But my Trials KD and global KD aren't worlds apart (1.31 vs 1.36). If I just played 6v6 pubs, my global KD would probably be closer to 1.4 (or a bit higher if I played as much as I did in year 1).
As such, I tend to think matchmaking is sometimes throwing the only people playing together, at odd times and in less popular modes like Skirmish. I think that's why sometimes you get REALLY bad opponents, or why I got teamed with that 1700 Elo guy. I tend to like it, as it allows me to win a fair share of skirmish games. I also enjoy when the other team is a fireteam of three, you starty routing them early and they all leave. It's like, free win!
I've heard that Bungie's matchmaking tries to match you so that you win ~50% of your matches. It probably tries to balance the teams based on skill level. Sometimes it succeeds, sometimes it fails. But it seems to do a pretty good job as my win % is ~50% when I play solo. It also seems that when I play with groups that the teams we match against are tougher.

That's why I use bots ages ago on crucible to keep killing myself. Then play the game properly after 3 matches :D

Too bad bungie noticed that and you must make a hit on enemy before suiciding :( (my bot is not advanced enough to do that)

Mind you this is during the time I was completing my mountaintop quest line where I had to use weapons that I don't necessarily like using.

But here's mind (big list):

BwcM9pL.jpg

Last edited:
I cant make much of that. Except Eyesluna seems like your best primary...most of it's too small sample size like you said.

I have gotten a few eyeslunas, but none with rifled or reinforced barrel yet. To me Finnala's Peril has arguably better stats. I have two of those with great rolls. One reactive reload/rifled/outlaw (vendor IB), and one rifled/LITC/spray n play. I think I have an Imago Loop with reenforced maybe. I kinda feel like people like Eyesluna because it has a nice clean model. It looks like a prototypical hand cannon should look, and doesn't obstruct view too much.

I've started dabbling in hand cannons, which is kinda like torture for me given my long range focus. Honestly though,. I could almost convince myself I like them better than pulses. At least they have a clear advantage up close. Pusles dont really have a clear advantage anywhere IMO. My last game with Finnala's I only went -1 and we won. Was probably crap competition and it was Drifter, close range map, but still. That's progress for me and a hand cannon. I think I'll keep trying to work it in a little bit here and there, maybe progress from horrendous to just bad or something.

Man I'm tired of this Skirmish grimoire. Seems like I can go in clash in and get 1.5 k/d's all day, but skirmish is a grind and struggle to break even, and not lose 7 out of every 10 games. I think I'm up to 63 wins...

I only have a few left after that. I think doubles and rumble. Doubles I only have to do when it's in rotation, and rumble I may screw around with but I'm so not looking forward to it I may try to cheat it with the upcoming pvt matches somehow (they already said pvt matches will count for grimoire). It's just going to be too brutal otherwise. Hell, could take me 1,000 matches.

Last edited:
you guys are the only beasts left at this game question:

is it worth it for new players never playing destiny to get the full archest $80/$60 (CAD/USD) ? Is there a way for them to skip the earlier content and begin playing right into Rise of Iron? Or do all new guardians have to restart the game from the beginning? What is the approximate time to bring your character to max level if so?

or would it make sense for these players to just wait for Destiny 2?

Posted on reddit, early Destiny concept art. So cool. The style of the game we got is incredible, but it doesn't match some of this stuff, holy smokes. I want all this in Destiny 2, and I want it Neo/Scorpio exclusive so these are ingame graphics :)

Destiny_Concept_Art_01a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_03a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_05a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_09a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_17a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_34a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_21a.jpg

Destiny_Concept_Art_06a.jpg

Did I mention Holy smokes? More here: http://conceptartworld.com/?p=21721
This is exactly what had got me swooning back then. Thwy had a hour long gdc talk with all this and more and the Tiger man in suit :D !
We got pretty close and a very unique art aesthetic in destiny but yes i miss some of the sci-fi+fantasy vibe of these artworks.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

you guys are the only beasts left at this game question:

is it worth it for new players never playing destiny to get the full archest $80/$60 (CAD/USD) ? Is there a way for them to skip the earlier content and begin playing right into Rise of Iron? Or do all new guardians have to restart the game from the beginning? What is the approximate time to bring your character to max level if so?

or would it make sense for these players to just wait for Destiny 2?

They gave one item that boosted you to level 25 (40 is max). RoI isn't changing the level max. The game has a ton of content, jump in now and get the best bang for the buck. Even if you don't boost to 25, you can get to 40 pretty quick playing through the story and doing some easy daily bounties. I got my secondary chars to 40 in about a week each. If you have never been through the Taken King it should be fun, by the 3rd time it gets old ;)

If you have a choice, get it on PS4. More players and exclusive content.

Last edited:
This is exactly what had got me swooning back then. Thwy had a hour long gdc talk with all this and more and the Tiger man in suit :D !
We got pretty close and a very unique art aesthetic in destiny but yes i miss some of the sci-fi+fantasy vibe of these artworks.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I mean, it's fantastic to look at the art and fantasize but really, I kinda think you cant really translate that to a gfame. I mean Destiny is a game and you're going to be playing the same content over and over.

In other words translation from imagination to reality, necessitates a huge downgrade imo. Still, I've been playing it so long I forget sometimes how awesomely stylish it is. The first time I did VOG, one of the best memories I'll ever have in gaming, and boy did our crew of 6 look so damn cool running through those mazes. I kept using the phrase Lord of The Rings to describe it, it reminded me of that movie in the best way.

What the art does show though is more variety in environments, and I'd love to see that in Destiny 2. Riding creatures like the giant frog would be cool too. I'd also love it to be Neo/Scorpio exclusive, for really great graphics. The market says that aint gonna happen, though :( Next question is how much they can improve the graphics by sticking to XBO and PS4 as the baseline instead of 360/PS3.

I have a lot of hope though for Destiny 2 based on the networking of Destiny 1 article I read, basically a lot of this stuff was proof of concept and hadn't really been done before. In 2 they're really going to be able to stretch their legs. Stuff like, in game LFG, ingame clan support, way more than 16 players in the same PVE zone, I bet all that is coming.

The downside is they'll have had what, 2-3 years to work on it? Even with a crew of hundreds (but, a significant chunk has to do upkeep on Destiny 1) Sadly that signals to me a necessity for a more iterative than revolutionary product.

The podcasts I've listened to seem to think Destiny 2 isn't coming until FALL 2017. Last word I recall they were aiming for SPRING 2017. Those podcasts thus assume ROI is the last major content drop for a whole year. Always bet the delay in video games, so 90%, they are correct. I guess they will try to do "live" events to fill the gap in 2017. But, another major content drought would seem to be coming after ROI. Can the game survive another? ROI is not even going to be as big as Taken King, per Bungie themselves.

Back