Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Bungie wants to make the weapons boring, its their wish but we losing a fun game is our loss, of our time, money and fun times!

Why would they want to do that?

How is nerfing like 3 weapons out of a thousand going to change anything fundamental about the game? You're overreacting ridiculously. Even if they DELETED Gjallahorn tomorrow the game would be 99.999% the same. No encounters would be too difficult, etc. Bungie wont design any encounter that cant be completed without a certain weapon.

How is it not boring to ONLY carry Gjallahorn in every endgame PVE? It's so bad I even carry Gally over my arc launcher on ARC BURNS. I'm hoping this will at least change that.

Via redditt Gjally supposedly does about 2X damage of other launchers last I heard. I am guessing post nerf it will do like lets say 1.5X. That still means it's top DPS launcher. In fact, I worry that nothing will really change as far as Gjally being the default if anything. I'm also hard pressed to see any encounters fundamentally changed by a nerfed Gjally. Heck Gjally didn't even really "allow" burning skolas when he had burns, because you could do that with sniper rifles too (void burn week everybody did it with void snipers).

Viscerally, I dont like nerfing Gjally. But my logical side knows it could well be for the best by introducing more loadout variety in endgame.

The RNG is stupid. The weapons are hard earned.

I mean, keep repeating the same Annoying and time consuming thing for months to get a weapon is hard earned.

Heck I think without RNG, the weapon are less hard earned. RNG increase the hard earned factor to the stratosphere

. Bungie wont design any encounter that cant be completed without a certain weapon.
But it will take longer time to complete.

Add that to the repetitive game to get blessed by RNG..... weapons become even more hard earned.

OMG! I don't want that. I want fun game. Not repetitive frustrating game.

Agh! I need to empty my vault so I can put my primaries there. Then do the no primary glitch ASAP. before they patched that and I'm forced to play destiny shooting boss for AGES.

The RNG is stupid. The weapons are hard earned.

I mean, keep repeating the same Annoying and time consuming thing for months to get a weapon is hard earned.

Heck I think without RNG, the weapon are less hard earned. RNG increase the hard earned factor to the stratosphere

But you always said I didn't earn them...one guy can get full gear in one trip through VoG other guy never gets it after 100 completions you said. Nothing earned. Just dumb RNG luck some get lucky some dont.

How is it not boring to ONLY carry Gjallahorn in every endgame PVE? It's so bad I even carry Gally over my arc launcher on ARC BURNS. I'm hoping this will at least change that.

Is that the fault of GH or the other Arc Launcher? I think it's the later. I need probably 3-4 shots to get an Elite Angry Fallen Captain down with my Arc Valedictorian(Max Blast Radius whatever that means) which has 4-6 ammo(with Field Scout). That doesn't sound balanced to me.

One GH Rocket is about equal to 3-4 LDR/IB/Spear shots which I think is reasonable for the function of a rocket launcher.

Via redditt Gjally supposedly does about 2X damage of other launchers last I heard. I am guessing post nerf it will do like lets say 1.5X. That still means it's top DPS launcher. In fact, I worry that nothing will really change as far as Gjally being the default if anything. I'm also hard pressed to see any encounters fundamentally changed by a nerfed Gjally. Heck Gjally didn't even really "allow" burning skolas when he had burns, because you could do that with sniper rifles too (void burn week everybody did it with void snipers).

Viscerally, I dont like nerfing Gjally. But my logical side knows it could well be for the best by introducing more loadout variety in endgame.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...allarhorn_vs_truth_vs_hezen_vengeance_damage/

Not of every other Launcher. Hezen is quite good too and I assume Cluster Bombs help normal RLs too but I have no data about them.

Just the Shadow Thief's NF 2 weeks ago with special and arc. It was extremely quick. Is the consequence now that (Arc) Fusions/Sniper or LMGs are also overpowered? IMHO the whole narrative is just flawed and is just about symptoms for actual game fight designs.

Last week's PoE32 I ran with only one other guy instead of a full team for some reason. The guy died at the last stage somewhere on the map and I had to destroy the servitor alone for probably 70% of its energy. There any GH shot felt like a bean shooter and it took ages.

You still need to earn them by finishing the activity.

Although those will be on minority.
hmm there also people that get awesome exotics all the time using gorgon checkpoint. they arguably did not earn the loot but they earn the final fully leveled weapons. Same with buying from xur. The final leveled is hard earned.

Basically because random and xur is in the mix we can't sure how every guardian get their weapon.

But you always said I didn't earn them...one guy can get full gear in one trip through VoG other guy never gets it after 100 completions you said. Nothing earned. Just dumb RNG luck some get lucky some dont.

It doesn't hold .
Do I have any chance of Dumb RNG luck if I don't play those activities? I have to work for it, RNG or not? I earn what I get by playing specific activities. What are you defensive about? You seem to suggest that the exotics are some kind of gifts from Bungie.....and as mentioned many times, RNG is not the only way to get them. Exotic bounties.....painful WRT The Thorn.....hello...bounties to level up perks.....you are just avoiding topics to make it sound as if the weapons are free to grab and require no work at all.

My Hunter is at level 33 right now, can you make it 34 by dumb luck? no, I will have to work on it and RNG can only make it longer. I want the Lord of Wolves, should I just open Destiny and wait ? C'mon, @Rangers, what are you saying? If I want that Lord of Wolves, I have to work towards SKolas and all RNG can do is not give me nothing when I beat him. Making it even more hard earned when I do get the bounty done.
If RNG just drops it on me during Nightfall, it still required me to play the same old nightfall every week to get it. There's no way to get it without working on it.

And what does Bungie get by nerfing these weapons? As long as there are no better alternatives, it will only make the fights boring an bland, longer and stretched out. Hezen is good RL too and I use it when I need to equip some other exotic whihc I feel is more required in the current situation than Gjallarhorn. THat is the way to dictate decisions, by making them less or more viable via design, via alternatives. As an example : Give us a RL which does 1.5x dmage but has three rockets in the tube and some will go that way instead of Gjallarhorn. Give us a RL which does 1.25x damage but can be spec-ed for supper human instant reloads and some will have fun with that ! Exotics are supposed to be special by very definition, if they are not, whats the point of running bounties to earn them?( or the special slot!)

And , anyways, if with Taken King these old exotics are anyways going to become low damage weapons compared to the new weapons, then why is Bungie bothering about it? Are they afraid we might burn through the new content very quickly and want us to take longer with lower spec-ed weapons?

If they are doing this only for PvP, then they should keep the changes to PVP and not spoil our PvE fun (not elongate the encounters artificially.) Its like what @Orangepelupa used to say, Bungie wants you to play a specific way and no other way will be tolerated. They cannot define fun for us ! Its a fun game and evreyone has their own kindof fun in it !

And if they want all these exotics to not feel exotic then I wonder why they call them exotics at all. As if their vision for their weapons isn't clear. Why is everyone using the Gjallarhorn/Hawkmoon/IB/BH/Thorn? cos its a good weapon, give us another fun alternative and we will have fun with that ! Its a game and all we want t do is have fun !
No, lets make the fun one's boring so that people migrate to the other weapons
......and then what Bungie?
What does it accomplish in Pve?
making us migrate to "lesser" weapons?
Does it make the game fun?
how?
Its an ill thought decision, as if they already know there's nothing better coming in Taken King either, so how will we make ppl lose their old favourites !

Its not a rant, for a PvE person, the changes are meaningless and uncalled for ! This is something that has made our whole group question where Bungie really wants Destiny to go !

" Do they want us to have fun in it with friends or make sure we think and do exactly as they say ! "

If something is fun to use, then removing it from the game is NOT a good idea ! Providing alternatives even more fun is the only way to go, like people migrated from IB to BH when Bungie brought that in. Or designing encounters where other weapons, by definiton, become more effective.
ANyways, that good game design, one doesn't have to do that. One can do what Bungie is doing, making Hawkmoon "not special", making IB cumbersome, making gjallarhorn less effective and turning BH into a normal Triple tap perk.

It doesn't hold .
Do I have any chance of Dumb RNG luck if I don't play those activities? I have to work for it, RNG or not? I earn what I get by playing specific activities. What are you defensive about? You seem to suggest that the exotics are some kind of gifts from Bungie.....and as mentioned many times, RNG is not the only way to get them. Exotic bounties.....painful WRT The Thorn.....hello...bounties to level up perks.....you are just avoiding topics to make it sound as if the weapons are free to grab and require no work at all.

My Hunter is at level 33 right now, can you make it 34 by dumb luck? no, I will have to work on it and RNG can only make it longer. I want the Lord of Wolves, should I just open Destiny and wait ? C'mon, @Rangers, what are you saying? If I want that Lord of Wolves, I have to work towards SKolas and all RNG can do is not give me nothing when I beat him. Making it even more hard earned when I do get the bounty done.
If RNG just drops it on me during Nightfall, it still required me to play the same old nightfall every week to get it. There's no way to get it without working on it.

I'm glad you're all changing to my point of view all along, but I guess you'll all just do a 180 the next time it suits you like this time :D

Here is a post from reddit

Before I get a ton of people complaining that it is a true RNG, please let me explain why I think this.

I have been an avid day 1 player of Destiny and have recently been in a 2-3 month slump when it comes to getting a decent drop. Yes, you may say that i'm being salty because I haven't gotten anything decent, but I've convinced friends of how the RNG is broken.

First things first are the same drops week after week. It seems that getting an exotic is extremely rare ot hard to get, until you finally get it. The second you get the exotic you've been longing to get for so long, you'll get it an hour later or a ton of times over a month.

A little story- My friend who now has 8 Gallys and has also been playing until day one finally gets a legendary Heavy after a couple ROC strikes. Before he went to decrypt it, we all joked that he was going to get another Gally since we know the RNG is broken. He walks up to Rahool and starts laughing out of control. He tells us to inspect him and it's a 302 damage Gally. I know that this isnt one he just kept because he breaks down every single one he gets. That same day, he gets an Icebreaker from the raid which is nothing big until he gets a legendary special. He goes to Rahool and it turns into another Icebreaker! This put the nail in the coffin for him as well as all of the friends who were skeptical about the RNG system.

Here is another post from Kotaku
amen, grinding and mmorpg come hand In hand, yet destiny has the worst rng i have ever encountered, players who arent as good most get all the good loot, im at the point where im gonna start cutting back some of my skills and see where that goes

You cant work towards anything it's just random luck with some more favored than others. This was what everybody was saying before this current debate so you cant change it now.

) Its like what @Orangepelupa used to say, Bungie wants you to play a specific way and no other way will be tolerated. They cannot define fun for us ! Its a fun game and evreyone has their own kindof fun in it !

Yeah it's very unfortunate that bungee keeps forgetting destiny IS NOT their own game anymore. Destiny in our game too. The weird thing is, if you read the pillars of destiny in GDC and IGN, or when you read their news and keep saying 'we are listening'... bungee should has never been become like what we have now.

Did Jason and friends take the pillars away from bungee when they get out of bungee? did bungee 'listen' just like political party 'listening'?

Yeah yeah we heard your voice. But we will only address those that in line with our own agenda and vision.

@Rangers I think renegade has written that to get the rng you need to do the effort first. It's not like bungee simply giving you Random weapon without doing anything

Yeah it's very unfortunate that bungee keeps forgetting destiny IS NOT their own game anymore. Destiny in our game too. The weird thing is, if you read the pillars of destiny in GDC and IGN, or when you read their news and keep saying 'we are listening'... bungee should has never been become like what we have now.

Did Jason and friends take the pillars away from bungee when they get out of bungee? did bungee 'listen' just like political party 'listening'?

Yeah yeah we heard your voice. But we will only address those that in line with our own agenda and vision.

They've done just about everything I can think of the community wanted. Ascension of old gear, more vault space, nerfing Thorn, nerfing Suros before that, buffing AR's now. Heavy ammo synth. Fixing heavy ammo bug. Even small things like driving over engrams with sparrows picking them up was a thread on reddit.

Truly pretty much everything there's a groundswell of complaints about they have addressed.

But this Gjally thing is for the good of the game, you cant let players ruin the game.

thats what i said. They will address (i should used "support") stuff that inline with their vision. Sparrow racing was not in their vision and quickly patched out.

about gjally ruining the game. When did it ruin the game? O_O

This isn't about what everyone is saying.

Did some POE 32 and 34 with LFG guys, found really cool people and we enjoyed a lot. And Gjallarhorn saved the day when all went down except me at the very end. It didn't spoil the fun at all, it made us all go "yes !!!"

Prison of Elders 34: Gjallarhorn to the rescue!:

Our chat didn't get recorded, it was very fun :)!
Bungie has got it wrong.

Last edited:
it will be weird if the exodus of bungie got hired on 343i

btw does the TTK trailers showed any boss battle new gameplay? i think all of them just a simple boss sitting in small area. Its us, the players that was forced to move around (the weird nexus boss on Endless Step hidden room).

the boss itself still sitting ducks

thats what i said. They will address (i should used "support") stuff that inline with their vision. Sparrow racing was not in their vision and quickly patched out.

about gjally ruining the game. When did it ruin the game? O_O

How was Sparrow racing "patched out"? Never heard of that. I mean you can do it if you want...impossible to ban.

Also more talking about gameplay, I felt last night the best I ever have about my play in POE 35...I was killing the mines which I'm usually not too good at that phase. I finally learned to effectively blink strike the mines for invis. Yes I knew you could do this before, but had never really learned it properly or used it much. If I am not mistaken the cooldown is only like 1 sec so you can practically constantly stealth this way.

I did get kicked maliciously for only like the 2nd time ever...after two hours of POE 35 after a couple wipes on skolas, "removed from fireteam" abruptly with no warning or sign. Ahh well, I got into another LFG and this time we methodically destroyed POE35, I think we maybe wiped once the whole time (and it was early) and none on Skolas. Probably my my best POE35 run yet. No primary let alone the ones I'm searching for tho. Gonna try to 2X more it tonight.

Oh in the 2nd good run, I noticed the other two guys were Warlocks. This really helps a lot, as once or twice it got hairy on the mines one of them died, but whoops...self res he's back. Self Res very OP in PVE. You barely need to fear the poison honestly. I bet 3 self res Warlocks would be crazy easy on POE35. Although I'm not sure they'd be great for mines with no invis, they seem to typically handle mines OK.

Last edited:
Also more talking about gameplay, I felt last night the best I ever have about my play in POE 35...I was killing the mines which I'm usually not too good at that phase. I finally learned to effectively blink strike the mines for invis. Yes I knew you could do this before, but had never really learned it properly or used it much. If I am not mistaken the cooldown is only like 1 sec so you can practically constantly stealth this way.

Can you explain that. We are going for Skolas next weekend and I do have a hunter which I like much more than that Warlock.
In fact, is there a good strategy guide for Skolas you can link to, pls?

Back