Destiny 2

Maybe Bungie should add motion blur to Destiny 2 (toggable). Feels almost missing, though I can understand them not wanting to impede general gameplay visibility.

Anyone want to take a stab at what 68GB day 1 size means? Destiny 1 with all DLC and updates was something like 60GB. Horizon: ZD was somet9hing like 41GB. IF this is representative of the size of the game then I shall probably be quite happy. Tweaks to gameplay look just fine. A bit skeptical about the move of shotguns, fusion rifles and snipers to Power weapon slot. That really feels like a PvP balance tweak that is going to hurt in PvE.

Around 60 days put into the D1 and I stopped playing almost a year ago (June 17 according to the stats page) and never bought Rise of Iron. If they fix the problems with D1 and keep the core gunplay (looks like they have) I will be back and wasting my life in game again.

I believe the initial reveal footage of that level in your post was supposedly running on PS4 Pro?

Makes sense since that's the best PS4 available, they have the Sony deal, and they weren't showing PC footage back then.

Should look great on X1X (and Pro), albeit no 60 FPS! I dont care about 60 FPS much although I know most people do.

For the most part Destiny seemed dated looking to me compared to other shiny E3 stuff like Anthem, Battlefront etc. But that level does look great!

If the real reason the Pro can't run it at 60fps is the limited CPU power - I didn't believe that personally - then the XBOX won't really get there either as the CPU isn't very different.

I dont think you can have X1S version 30 and X1X version 60 and have them play with each other fairly or even at all, especially in MP. I think 60 is out of the question unless it's across the board, anyway.

I dont think you can have X1S version 30 and X1X version 60 and have them play with each other fairly or even at all, especially in MP. I think 60 is out of the question unless it's across the board, anyway.

But Sony players can't play online with MS players anyway. However they can play with Pc players though, as far as I understand, so that's a moot point.

Looks stunning on PC.

Any direct feed ps4 footage?

Looks good. Someone I know got to play the PC version recently and was bragging about how people next to him that were on his team in the same game using console controllers (he was using KB/M) were staring at him and asking him how the F he was doing what he was doing. :D Anyway, he said the game looked amazing on PC and that the gameplay felt really good.

While I like what has been shown of Anthem better so far, the fact that I'm not going to install Origin means I'm likely going to be getting this. A lot of that footage gave me a Halo vibe, which is a very good thing.

Flaming sword melee was awesome to see. Glad to see Excalibur from Warframe made it into the game. ;)

Regards,
SB

But Sony players can't play online with MS players anyway. However they can play with Pc players though, as far as I understand, so that's a moot point.

Huh? I'm confused. Or maybe you were?

I dont believe Bungie is allowing PC to play cross plat with any console in Destiny 2. https://mic.com/articles/177723/destiny-2-cross-play#.ILu2KFFmM

As far as I know, it's just not feasible to have a 60 FPS game version cross platform multiplayer with a 30 FPS one, in any game.

So I think within a given ecosystem, Xbox or PS, they will need to be 30 or 60 for all versions.

Now, X1X CPU likely isn't strong enough to run this 60 anyway. either way, it's a moot point.

Anyways, beta July 18 if you preorder? Still a long ways off. Or not really, barely a month?

Huh? I'm confused. Or maybe you were?

I dont believe Bungie is allowing PC to play cross plat with any console in Destiny 2. https://mic.com/articles/177723/destiny-2-cross-play#.ILu2KFFmM

As far as I know, it's just not feasible to have a 60 FPS game version cross platform multiplayer with a 30 FPS one, in any game.

So I think within a given ecosystem, Xbox or PS, they will need to be 30 or 60 for all versions.

Ah ok! No, you're right!

Beta is July 18th on PS4 and the 19th on XB1, if you've pre-ordered. Open beta starts on the 21st and runs until the 23rd.

Sounds like the beta is going to be basically what was available at the reveal, except all of the subclasses will be unlocked (and possibly a bit more?).

Anthem is a 2019 title if we believe a "The verge" article.
And what was shown was basically running through a environment. It needs to show a real mission to make me a believer. I like the premise but if given a choice I would choose Destiny just because of its stellar smooth gameplay.

As for PC version of Destiny. I can buy it later for a taste of how it looks but i prefer a controller for everything and PC will mean all kbm players all around so....i am gonna stay with ps4 for now. Also PC version comes almost 2 months late. Cant wait that long.

As for 30 vs 60 , yes it matters to me but
Destiny is the only game where I don't feel the 30fps. I ahd always wondered why then Bungie said they disassociated the input lag from fps and made it very low making Destiny feel ultra smooth even with 30. So I don't mind 30 in this case as I don't feel it at all.

if anything its the pc version which might have problems as its thier first foray into pc since halo2 ....that too on blizzard's platform. considering all that and the cheaters hackers etc I am happy to start with a tried and trusted ps4 platform with a huge destiny friendlist to boot.

can always double dip on pc later during a sale. I know myself I will still prefer a controller just like in overwatch and even in MMOs :)

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Maybe destiny 2 will also have a demo. So I would be really helpful for pc players to check how their pc handles it.

Back