Destiny 2

bloody hell. Destiny got yet another update, and im stll downloading last week's 5GB update.

also, why D2 updates always huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge O_O

Let me guess, still no HDR.

PC version is supposed to have HDR out of the box right?

So are they gonna leave consoles without it past the PC release? That seems silly.

Only other thing I can imagine they're waiting on is X One X release. But I dont see why they would do that. Especially as it's Sony branded.

Got my Titan to level 20 and finished the campaign. The nice thing was after I gave him good guns from my Hunter he was 240's. Literally within like a half hour of hitting level 20, he was 280+. And I did not do any public events either, just crucible. Blues drop really high and seem targeted at your weak spots as well.

Seems to be kind of a slingshot mechanic for alts. That's nice.

Did well in some crucible games. He only has 2 legendary armor yet (mark and chest) so his recov/res/mobility stats are still low. Having a super that's actually good for 2-3 kills a use if you're lucky is a big help for the old k/d though. Cant wait to build his recovery, it's 5 now.

Got Nameless Midnight, it's decent but dont kid yourself like everything else it's not Mida, not even close.

Still testing out different builds...unfortunately, melee kills with sword don't count as real melee and trigger perks in the Titan trees it seems to me.

On the other hand, it is very interesting that one of the Titan striker melee abilities includes reload...and this actually triggers the Kill Clip perk. This gives an interesting build with Insurmountable Skullfort exotic (almost infinite melee ability). I'll test more to see how it performs.

I really wish I could do normal Strikes or public events on my own...would be very cool to test the performance of different builds. Of course, I could do the Nightfall...but with the time limit stuff, it is just to damn hard and more problematic: to annoying, as I hate game design with time limits (chill out game devs, take it easy, no stress...how about fun!)

Got my Titan to level 20 and finished the campaign. The nice thing was after I gave him good guns from my Hunter he was 240's. Literally within like a half hour of hitting level 20, he was 280+. And I did not do any public events either, just crucible. Blues drop really high and seem targeted at your weak spots as well.

Seems to be kind of a slingshot mechanic for alts. That's nice.

Did well in some crucible games. He only has 2 legendary armor yet (mark and chest) so his recov/res/mobility stats are still low. Having a super that's actually good for 2-3 kills a use if you're lucky is a big help for the old k/d though. Cant wait to build his recovery, it's 5 now.

Got Nameless Midnight, it's decent but dont kid yourself like everything else it's not Mida, not even close.

Nameless is god tier in PVE imo, but not so good in PVP. But try out the Manannan in PVP...is on the level of Mida imo (the only weapon I found so far).

PC version is supposed to have HDR out of the box right?

So are they gonna leave consoles without it past the PC release? That seems silly.

Only other thing I can imagine they're waiting on is X One X release. But I dont see why they would do that. Especially as it's Sony branded.

I think Bungie is marketing the game as having HDR first on PC, so I guess we'll have to wait a bit after that version releases for the console patch.

for me the update after the latest hotfix = 7GB and will finish in 99 hours.

That's not the real size, it reports the total, but spends almost all the time doing something unrelated to downloading data. I assume it is applying a patch to an existing one and the larger it gets the longer it take to compute.

PS4 related. XBox updates are usually smaller.
I don't think that's true, generally speaking. In fact I think the opposite is true.

For Destiny, I don't think I've ever had a patch larger than a few hundred MB, D1 or D2. Usually they're small and download almost instantly for me.

That's not the real size, it reports the total, but spends almost all the time doing something unrelated to downloading data. I assume it is applying a patch to an existing one and the larger it gets the longer it take to compute.

Dunno, it usually does take nearly a week to download the patch

Hm, I think I am a bit burned out as well...all exotics, all Legendary guns that are good.

I don't care for powerlevel, as there is no(!) effect whatsoever as long as you are 280. (That enemies scale with your powerlevel still baffles my mind).

With a more sophisticated matchmaking where I could choose to solo particular strikes over and over again, I could tune my builds.

Well, overall, the game was an ultra fun blast, I put in so many hours it is amazing value imo and highly recommended.

I'll jump in now and then and am curious what the dlc brings :)

Back