Destiny 2

IB wasn't too bad.

It's pretty bad. Many 3-4 clan teams pub stomping all the solo people. Tons of Midas and Uriels. All team shooting. Get your 2 tokens then finally get an engram to get a repeat weapon that sucks. They took everything that made IB cool and replaced it with normal crucible and a token slot machine. No post game rewards, no light level gear. It's not even fun.

Yup. The whole "go to the vault, put your stuff here, can't keep that stuff here, there, lose it, go to the post guy, no space, go to the vault la la la" is just so stupid.

Surely, surely there's a simpler and quicker way to manage inventory ffs!
https://destinyitemmanager.com
will save your life.

use the scripting help in the search.
really useful tool. Real time drag and drop.

About the Mod generation. Is it possible to create other armor mods besides the ones you can buy? I only know I can create the primary +5 but as you said it's costly.

If you're asking if you could make a unique one...I dont think so. Not sure how that'd work.

Basically no.

It's pretty bad. Many 3-4 clan teams pub stomping all the solo people. Tons of Midas and Uriels. All team shooting. Get your 2 tokens then finally get an engram to get a repeat weapon that sucks. They took everything that made IB cool and replaced it with normal crucible and a token slot machine. No post game rewards, no light level gear. It's not even fun.

I really don't want to defend the current Crucible as I don't really enjoy it nor the way Iron Banner works now with the pool of underwhelming rewards. Keep that in mind:)

But from a personal results point of view I was successful the way I approached the games.

I've surely lost a few matches but only ran once into a fire team which utterly crushed my random team. But then I also felt there was some serious lag involved as my perception felt wonky. I've experienced a few games where my team started bad but somehow got the curve to the end or kept it close just by being disciplined.

D2 is more tactical. The most successful approach in my case is taking a control point and protect it by hiding somewhere in the shadows. Always duck because the awful radar screws everything up in that game and bait players into a kill zone. That way you'll win most 1v1 and a few 1v2 especially with grenade support. If the other team is really organised they team shot you to hell though.

1.75,1.11,1.44,4.33,2.50 and 1.80 were my results yesterday. 3 won, 2 lost. Only really played to get my Crucible Rewards for the character.

P.S. the D2 destiny tracker is awful though vs. the D1 version.

K/D is kind of irreverent for my point. I ranged from 1.1 to 2.2 and lost all five matches yesterday. Almost every time we started losing, someone quit. I finally hit my third milestone for IB and quit my last game. Why spend the next 8 minutes to get 2 tokens?

Then I look at my friend who is pulling 0.50-1.2 K/D and getting >50% wins. The match making is great for crappy players, well that's nice.

Those are ka/d's?

In the beginning of Ib I was doing great running off 2.5+'s. Got my overall kad up to 1.42. Now it's slipped back to 1.4 and had several bad games.

Some is loadout, I'll do by far best with Mida/Uriels, but it's so boring I change it up and suffer anyway. Some is competition, either random or that fireteam of 4 that's just pubstomping.

I've been grinding Nessus for packages to get the seven-six-five, as it seems the easiest obtainable 200 RIF legendary scout. I haven't got it yet, but at least I got Last Hope so I've acquired another meta gun. TBH I dont really like it. Well, it takes mental preparation to use a sidearm I guess. Also got Blue Shift which is said to be a top PVP RL, and I like that, maybe better than Sins of The Past. So anyways happy to get a couple more decent weapons though.

I've found it takes maybe 20-25 minutes to get a package on Nessus. I pop a treasure map, run the Ghost that shows resources on Nessus. Then I just run around the failsafe area grabbing chests, easy patrols, hitting the lost sector occasionally and power enemies or whatever theyre called, the random yellowbars that drop chests. And just hit up those tokens. And the PE when it comes along. The "lockout" is super annoying though. At least 50% of all resources I pick up give me nothing. It seems random too, sometimes right when I spawn in I dont get resources, so it shouldn't be a lockout per se. Overall it doesn't affect too bad though, just mentally annoying.

It's very boring so I do whatever, then go pick up a Nessus package every so often to break it up, trying to do at least 1 or 2 a day.

The alternative is doing the raid trying for the Raid scout, but I figure the odds are lower there per time invested.

Crucible is getting on my nerves because all the non Mida+Uriels loadouts are so significantly less effective IMO. I dont care what people say.

I got the IB pulse, it's ok but you'll still struggle with it. I knew that since it's just Lincoln Green really. Only IB gun worth a flip at that.

Overall I could take or leave the game right now.

Yesterday I tried out the Manannan for the first time in PvP.

This is the first time a scout (or any other rifle) works as good as the Mida multi tool for me.

I was seriously surprised that I could even win 1v1 against Mida players (of course this strongly depends on players I think, but typically I lose against Mida without a Mida).

Go check it out guys if you have it, unfortunately, it seems to be one of the rarest drops...only the weapon smith gives it.

Manannan is an energy scout with explosives.

For PvE I was trying Nameless Midnight and Sunshot...works really well for me.

I hope one day I get the better devils, to rock it with the Manannan. But crucible loot is really the hardest grind...it is insane: 1 token per match, sometimes you can do the challenges...but you need 20 coins. That is insane.

Last edited:
Oh, one thing I believe (no hard facts):

If you are grinding for a certain weapon, never hand in one package, grind, hand in one package, etc etc.

Instead, stack it up, to have enough material to fire up a couple of packages (6-7 at least).

Than unlock the first package, check the preview if the gear is available (if not, wait 5min and preview again)...if the gear is in, fire up all the packages as fast as possible.

It seems to me that firing up multiple packages tricks the so-called RNG of bungie. Typically you get no duplicates this way, hence your chances of getting the gear you want drastically increases!

I got Nameless Midnight and the Manannan and the Antiope this way.

Still no luck with better devils...takes forever to stack crucible packages :(

PS: oh, one last thing in my loot grind believe: the purple fireteam coin that increases the chance of loot. My believe is, that this coins somehow open up different paths in the loot grind. If you never get the gear you want, even after handing in 10 packages at once, try to change your purple coin: if you used it, than don't use it anymore. If you didn't use it, try it again with the coin. For me, this worked.

Could be all just a placebo, as with every believe system.

I'm pretty sure the preview of the engram doesn't show the items you're limited to getting. I've heard a lot of people getting items that weren't in the preview.

Also, handing stacks of materials doesn't always work. I've spent over 2000 legendary shards for materials to try and get an Antiope-D (not all at once, in chunks) and I FINALLY got one a few days ago.

Everyone just has different RNG. Took my buddy a while to get Better Devils and he still doesn't have Nergal, but I get both all the time. Others had Antiope early and it took me forever. There seems to be one or two different weapons that people struggle to get. Better Devils, Antiope and Nergal are some of the more common rare weapons though.

As I said, if the stacking doesn't work...change your purple coin status.

In my case, this resulted in getting the weapon I wanted, after handing in 50 packages and never getting it...changing purple coin status, boom got it.

I got nergal as well this way.

My only problem is that stacking in crucible is slow as hell...I will never get better devils :(

In Iron Banner, you get 2 for a loss and 5 for a win...that is just so much more sane imo.

I agree that everyone has different "RNG", but I believe that it is not actual real RNG...instead, the bungie RNG uses parameters from either your ps4 data, or character data to define the chances...in such a way that it is always the same...thus some people not getting the weapon they want imo. You need to break and overload the bungie rng :)

Btw, the preview fails for me in case of exotics...but so far never failed for legendaries as I can tell.

Yeah, I suspect the RNG is tied to something that's not really random. As the randomness is not random enough.

I mean, what's the probability of getting the exact same exotic 4- 7 times in a row, across multiple days?

Anyway, when the game RNG broken, exploit it ASAP.

One day it was broken for me, it keeps spewing exotic engram for every public event I do on earth hahaha. Then I got kicked to orbit and it stops giving me exotic engram.

All of them contains the same exotic Warlock helm tho.

What to do this week...

I'll hit up the milestones probably. They're one of the few things left that provides a short term goal. even though I'm 305, could always use some more 300 gear. And there's nothing else to do.

Speaking of 305, the mod system makes that broken like everything else. The difficulty of getting Kinetic weapon +5 mods, and the difficulty of kitting out your armor with the PVP mods you want in +5 legendary form, let alone that you'll need dozens to change strategies and subclasses on the fly. For example, currently I can only be 3 recovery in 305 form. This is pretty bad even for PVE. It's bad enough it's like pulling teeth to get any recovery on a hunter.

I still haven't gotten seven-six-five yet which is the main thing I'm grinding for. I've gotten two Agenda 5's already that I know of though since I started grinding for it. I kind of want to write down every loot drop I get from Nessus, just to see.

I'll see what prestige raid looks like in terms of difficulty before deciding if/when to take that on. As I said the problem is people drop normal raid once Prestige comes out. I just want the raid scout that's it.

I'm thinking of starting a Titan through the campaign, a little at a time. Because Hunters just egregiously suck. Is it bad I'm kinda looking forward to this? Because there's no level structured PVE in the game anymore. Strikes are worthless and I'm kinda ambivalent about timed nightfalls. Doing some actual, not crazy difficult, PVE levels (as opposed to just public events) actually sounds like a lot of fun about now. Oh a big side effect is I could pick up nameless midnight at the end of the campaign.

Let me bitch some more about Hunters. There were several thread on reddit that brought this to mind. Hunters really are a joke right now. Every hunter Super is pathetic. And it's not like they were strong in D1, yet they've all been relatively nerfed even more. The slaying power of Storm Trance, FOH, sun hammers, they all just obliterate anything hunter can do. I barely ever see an arcstaff super in PVP, why would I? But I see Striker Titans doing fist of havoc by the millions. Even Golden Gun that I thought was good, isn't. As pointed out on reddit it's the only super that gives you zero damage resistance, not only that it's hard limited to 3 kills unlike all other supers (well you can run the 6 shot tree, which literally limits you to a couple seconds super run time). GG is good in Trials, that's it. GG cant even kill other supers anymore unless it's head shot! INSANE. And it takes THREE GG shots to take down a Titan barrier (that they get every 30 seconds versus every 5 minutes for GG! It's beyond absurd.

Every other super one shots all Hunter supers. Arcstaff however takes two slashes to kill another super. It's like Bungie doesn't even try to hide their bias.

What really drove it home is the other day I ended up on a flat plain running from a stormtrance. What I noticed is the storm trance simply overtakes you, it is faster than a running guardian. OF COURSE this isn't the case for arcstaff. Anybody can simply run away from arcstaff, it is not faster than a normal running guardian!

It's just so pathetic on Bungie's part.

Last edited:
I’ve come to the conclusion that I would love a relatively simple system where we could change load outs on the fly with the push of a button.

Say, for example, you prepare a load out with a good auto, void energy weapon and a sword. Then you prepare loadout 2 with a scout, solar weapon and a rocket launcher. And you just push the left side of the touchpad to switch between them without having to go in the menu (while getting hit).

Now that would be a welcome addition.

Sure they could lock it for certain missions or events, but damn that would be useful.

Yeah, loadouts would be perfect...I need to switch subclass and all armor when I want to play another titan...basically impossible during a mission.

Still rocking the manannan in pvp IB...is rly fun to take out Mida players :)

But yesterday I was destroyed by a hunter with origin story...he defended C...I tried to take him out 5 times, no chance with my antiope :(

My clan basically dismantled...so I had no one to play the current nightfall with.

I tried to solo that b*tch but the lack of health regen really hurts my titan :(

I could manage to get to the boss with 2min left....so no chance of finishing him.

Anyone looking for a new clan member, a cool Titan :D ???

My clan basically dismantled...so I had no one to play the current nightfall with.

I tried to solo that b*tch but the lack of health regen really hurts my titan :(

I could manage to get to the boss with 2min left....so no chance of finishing him.

Anyone looking for a new clan member, a cool Titan :D ???

Come to Team Petty :)

Back