Destiny 2

It's kinda making me want a "real" RPG. However I dont know if that's even what I really want or what could possibly scratch that itch. Maybe something like Skyrim? But I dont know if offline can do it for me anymore.

Yeah I'm getting that way too. Destiny sort of put all the rest of gaming to be boring for me. I dont enjoy SP campaigns too much anymore.

I am going through the same syndrome. Destiny made everything else boring to me unless its an RPG with lots of freedom/pseudofreedom/choices in gameplay.
And now that d2 has lost its pull over me sadly, I have nothing that interests me much and I find myslef trying out games leaving them after 4-5 hours -_-. Warframe is th eonly one currently which kept me hooked and made me even sadder about D2. I think inside I want Destiny 2 to be as engagin as D1 was for me for more than a tyear and then with every DLC. Deep down I WANT to play D2, but when I do its bland boring and flat ! and that somehow makes me sad in every game I try and I end up being a sad panda :-/
I never knew a game could do this to me.

I am seriously thinking of going back to D1 and just doing heroic strikes till everything is 400 and I get more newer stuff I never got. of all things I miss from D1 Most of all I miss the challenge ! The feeling of finally conquering Phogoth or Archon Prime or any other boss for that matter. Power, weapons, gear has no purpose in D2 as u could beat everything even without it. There is no Phogoth that gets easier as u power up, or any other such boss. No hive that gets manageable as u get Firefly ! Nothing, why am I a guardian, why am I levelling up? for Nothing. I enjoy PvP but thats never my end goal ! I want to grow powerful to take down hulks of bosses ! There are none that stood tall before me even in my first try so whats the point of more power !! OTOH, D2 has superbly well desgined open worlds and adventures in it. But again they did not pose a challenge I can go back and laugh at with my new gun or armour !

Beat the prestige nightfall, first time!

I realize it's easy now, but at the time we tried over and over, so it seemed really hard and was one of those "Destiny moments" of feeling an accomplishment.

It's easy because you just need two arcstriders. Have full super. Run up to the boss right when he comes out (or you ride up) and go to town. You'll nearly kill him. With that knowledge indeed the strike is easy.

We were running me-strider, other hunter stalker, other guy striker titan. As soon as the other guy switched to Strider it was over. With Raiden Flux of course.

I swear the hunter supers this time need an exotic to be as good as they should be by default (Raiden for strider, Orpheus Rig I'm told for stalker, which is like my only desired exotic currently). At least it's possible though.

Ahh, I got that aura. Just gonna hang around the tower...

I sharded all gear after the NF big whoop. About 10-12 legendaries just shredded (I picked up a lot of engrams over 3-4 runs). Except the 300 luminous engram stuff which I kept for infusion fuel.

It said I got a large reward of bright dust. I didn't notice how much it was, but it didn't seem crazy. I think they should give you like 50,000 glimmer too. I actually want glimmer! (to buy more blue mods to get more legendary ones).

Last edited:
Also beat the Alcrius (sp?) strike. That was difficult too, mainly cause I LFGed with a couple kids that wouldn't buy into my strategy to burn down the boss with initial supers. So we had to do it the hard way and go through all his phases, which eventually worked, surprisingly.

So you get the gun, but apparently only it's initial perk is unlocked. Then you have to go kill some Cabal, then collect some seals in the raid. Said you'll have to beat the raid a couple times to get enough, and you also have to beat the prestige raid at some point.

Damn, that's a lot of work, for a gun I probably wont use. That's normal though, I guess it's the completionist in me.

I really just wish these quests didn't take up a gun slot. I still have the Rat King quest taking up a slot and I dont even want it :/

Destiny youtubers were saying it's good, but I'm skeptical. On initial use it has tremendous range for a shotgun which think is it's "thing". And I think the other perks lengthen that even more. However, it doesn't really seem to pack a monster punch.

In PVP, you have that range for a OHK, but I get way more range out of a rocket. I assume it's advantage is it picks up 4+ rounds. Plus it evidently lengthens your radar range, or something, again perk not unlocked. With just one round and a very slow reload, I dunno.

Yeah you can get enough seals by doing one raid plus a couple extra parts of the raid (even two Castellum, as you get a seal in each chest). Wasn’t worth it, don’t like the gun.

Some fun PVP stuff, one, I learned about Actium War Rig (Titan), it slowly refills part of your AR ammo. Effectively gives you more AR ammo in your mag. That sounds pretty awesome for raid and PVP. And it seems to be. I like it.

Second I randomly noticed on Guardian.gg, Nightstalker has the highest win rate and KDA of any class in crucible. I thought hunters were garbage?

I figure it's noobs killing other noobs with the invis, but regardless I'm gonna start running some nightstalker! I'm also running the Stompee boots for this. It requires a brain rewiring like switching any class. Fun anyways, trying to abuse the dodge invis.

If someone mains a hunter in PVP, they're probably good at it. I imagine that the actual number of hunters out there is considerably less than say, a Warlock. It's like in D1, it's the hardest class to master, but if you do, it can be really good as well. A lot of good players main a hunter, or play on hunter often. You're not going to see many weak players play as a hunter... they'll look for an easier class to use.

Also hunter is not as bad as you may think, especially on console. Invis removes any aim assist on you, so pair that with a good CQC weapon like a sword, last hope or antiope and you'll do very well if you're smart.

Arcstrider is terrible in PVP, but golden gun and nightstalker are both decent or very good if you're skilled enough.

I've had some high k/d games with nightstalker today. As always in this game though I'm loathe to attribute it to anything but random noob lobbies!

Once I tethered down a hall in hot 2v1 competition and killed or nearly killed a guy with a direct hit, it tethered the other guy and I finished both off. very satisfying. In like 3 games before that I doubt I got a single kill with the Super lol.

However it's obvious that having a weaker slaying super matter less overall in D2 since you likely only get it once per match. Plus I forgot it's a shutdown super first, requires a mindset change.

I thought I could use the invis to flank kill people but in practice I think with the invis it's just more evasive than the other hunter dodges, in other words still used most naturally on defense not offense.

Oh I'm running Stompees with nightstalker too, it's difficult to quantify the effect of those but for all I know they help a lot.

Stompees are not great. Probably 5% faster run and the jump boost doesn't work on triple jump. You should run the dragon BP. That has more synergy.

That's one of the few exotics I dont have (already).

That and those nightstalker boots (?) that are top tier, they give you your super back. Dont have them.

Sad nobody here even cares about the Osiris expansion. Well I plan to quit/delete any day now. If nothing else than to focus on "real life". May reinstall now and then, just like I did last days of D1.

They did a good job making an incredibly addicting formula pretty easy to put down. Even though I still think it's a lot of fun.

The formula and grind is getting a bit old and they aren't maximizing it. Oh boy, I can get to 330 in Osiris. Yawn.

And let me get this straight, the raid was bad enough, now prestige raid which I haven't even tried, now there's some kind of uber difficult challenge mode crap too? That Datto who play this literally for a living and has a crack, pro, fireteam was saying is quite difficult? Meaning LFG for the masses will be a fracking nightmare? Brother.

This ultra-exacting raid shit is such a turnoff and needs to go away. Just make a normal raid and stop there already, shit.

I care too.

Despite all the negativity, Destiny will always have a strong following. There may not be much to do now, but I'll always be there day 1 for new content.

It's truly beyond me how can anybody who played D1 for a significant time can call D2 a great game. It's such a obvious downgrade in almost everything which defined the D1 experience at its core, for me. D1 is smooth and crisp, D2 is not.

Please play D1 for some time again and then compare if you've actually forgotten how it felt. In detail look how Nameless Midnight feels vs. a Cryptical Dragon with Explosive Rounds or a similar type. Look for the latency between the shot and headshot kill registration. Also look for strange "delayed" deaths with a slither of visible health bar left. The difference is so obvious to me and it's systematic. Not like when you're in a laggy D1 session. IMHO this is caused by moving the physic host remotely or at least that's what they claimed a few months ago.

When I play D2 all I notice is this asynchronous/latency feel, the slow movement/jumps like I'm running in lead shoes. The fixed class options, moving important options into the amour with limiting modifiers and the stupid weapon load out change are already bad enough and then the completely bland and boring fixed weapons are the nails in the coffin.

Personally I also consider the atmosphere/mood change a reason for the game dying as they try to attract more kids with the bubblegum colour scheme. In D1 you felt dread entering the moon caves or Abyss. Can anybody here even say they felt any kind of "heavy" atmosphere in D2?

D2 sucked all the fun out of my 3700+h D1 experience.

No one played 3.7k of D1...right?!?

When was D1 released? About 4 years ago? So roughly 1000h a year, so roughly 20 hours per week...never!

Back