Dammit! I'm going to get a girlfriend!

I gave up totally on finding a girl. I resigned msyelf to the fact that I wouldn't even try to date anyone until I had graduated college and had a bit of money in my pocket. That way I could concentrate on my studies and bring up my GPA from that drunken sophomore year :LOL:

So where am I 1.5 years later, comming up on my last semester of college? Waiting for the damn jewlery store to be open a bit later some weeknight so that I am able to get down there and pick up the resized engagement ring I purchased. Seriously, it seems to work best when you're not actively looking.

touche'

Actually when I met my current fiance I actually stated that I wasn't looking for anybody at the moment and we could just hang out anyway and see where things went. I decided to not try to impress her and just be who I am....and sure as shit happens, she loved me despite my quirks and oddities. That's one way to know when you've found 'the one', when she's seen you at you best and worst...and at your worst can still look you in the eye and honestly say "I love you".

Good saying I heard once (don't remember where):
"You like a person for their good qualities, you love them for their quirks and faults"

The last 2 posts have hit it right on the mark. The best relationships happen when you are not looking. I have been with this girl for 4 almost 5 years this Halloween and man I tell ya, everytime I see her its great! I met her when I was not looking for a relationship at all but man it was like a thunderbolt out of a clear blue sky.

My advice:

Quit now :( I was in a similar situation awhile ago, met this great girl, went out on one date, 2 days later she finds out her grandfather is dying and her family and her take it really badly so she dumps me because she 'can't handle it right now'. I've been an emotional wreck ever since and have made a complete fool of myself :( Even though it was more than 3 months ago, seeing her most days just meant everything was dragged out and now it's really hard for me to get into a positive mental state for long periods of time.

You dated a girl for 3 days and it turned you into an emotional wreck? That's called puppy love, you'll be surprised how quickly you forget about her as soon as you get a new girl.

If you think that's bad, wait until you end a real relationship. Love always ends in heartbreak(unless you die first I guess), all you can do is enjoy the good times while they last.

To the OP, the best way to meet girls, bar none, is through friends. So make more friends!!!! The money thing is a load of crap, sure you get girls, but what kind of girls? *cue the Kanye West* Better to wait for a girl who wants you, not your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
touche'

Actually when I met my current fiance I actually stated that I wasn't looking for anybody at the moment and we could just hang out anyway and see where things went. I decided to not try to impress her and just be who I am....and sure as shit happens, she loved me despite my quirks and oddities. That's one way to know when you've found 'the one', when she's seen you at you best and worst...and at your worst can still look you in the eye and honestly say "I love you".

Good saying I heard once (don't remember where):
"You like a person for their good qualities, you love them for their quirks and faults"

Agree to your second para. As for the quote in the last para, one girl told me that same thing but don't take it too far.

Over time I find myself taking my wife for granted (like spending way too much time at work, or on err... B3D ;) ). Am making my way back to old times as we speak. She sound so happy over the phone (I travel often) when I behave more like "last time". It's a good feeling, no minefield yet but you never know :)

Back