Daaammmnnn, MS, hurry up and release IE7 already!

Guden Oden

Legend
I go nuts with all the IE windows crowding my screen... It wasn't so bad when I had my CRT, that while the physical screen was slightly smaller, the rez was higher (I ran it for a long time at 1600 instead of this one's 1280).

Tried firefox, found it unsatisfying with its slow gfx routines, annoying behavior like middle mouse button clicks opening any link the pointer happens to hover over etc. Tried the avant browser shell for IE too and got very annoyed with its hangs, and the irritating mass-link screens it threw in my face each time it couldn't reach a particular site that can't be turned off. I even tried to search for the text strings found on the screen, didn't find them. Guess the page is encrypted inside the main exe or something, damn.

MS annoys the heck out of me sometimes, but right now I find myself in the curious position of being even more annoyed by everything else! :mrgreen: So Bill, kill off the competition and grab all the market PLEASE, as long as I can get proper tabs in my browser windows...!

Oh, and release honglorn too, because I'm dying to try out the aqua UI. :D

Costs money or is adware. I'll get IE7 for free - whenever it's ready... *sigh*

(And none of you operaphiles get on my case now and start blabbing about how "invisible" the ads are because I'll friggin NOTICE them, alright? :D)

What really annoys me about this is though I wouldn't have to be annoyed about this if MS hadn't been so successful into making IE the defacto web browser in the first place - blame that on their dominating position and the ineptness of netscape. IE6 has been out for HOW long now, 1999??? Sure feels like that anyway! :mad:

So you'll spend €50 on a PC game you'll play for 20 hours tops yet won't pay €30 for a browser you would use for hundreds if not thousands of hours?

Do you think IE7 will be free? Nope. You just pay for it when you buy the OS. Microsoft don't give you a choice. It will also be a piece of junk, as usual, and be the biggest security threat on your PC. Your choice...

Diplo said:
So you'll spend €50 on a PC game you'll play for 20 hours tops yet won't pay €30 for a browser you would use for hundreds if not thousands of hours?
Out! Out!
You demons of stupidity!

Why should I spend $30 or any amount of money really when MS will give me IE7 for free (I've already paid for the OS) It'll do exactly the same things as the competitors, so why pay any money at all? That's just silly, I can spend that money on my WoW subscription instead, now THAT is a big money-scam if ever I saw one... :D Blizzard supplies eCrack legally and charges good for it too, hehehe!

Guden Oden said:
Why should I spend $30 or any amount of money really when MS will give me IE7 for free (I've already paid for the OS)
why should you suffer with IE6 (it obviously doesn't do what you want) for months to years while MS readies IE7 when a perfectly good alternative (opera in this case) is available for you to enjoy today. does it cost money? yes, if you want to pay for it (to remove an add bar that's 2 lines of text big).

free isn't always better. hell, i could walk down the street to a friend's house and get a tnt2 for free, but i'd much rather use this for the small fee. windows comes with "free" solitare but i bet you bought a couple of other games to play.

Guden Oden said:
Tried firefox, found it unsatisfying with its slow gfx routines, annoying behavior like middle mouse button clicks opening any link the pointer happens to hover over etc.

I find the "middle-click to open in new backgroun tab" to be one of the most useful features FireFox provides. Best way to queue up links I want to read. O'ell, to each their own...

I'd also encourage Guden to try out Maxthon. It has LOTS of features and a hundreds of plugins that does wonders on many pages...

I'm running a script (from Maxthon) on this page to change the font and make the bold face of the font normal in the "new posts" view...

It has everything that Firefox has in terms of functionality + ALOT more.

Mordenkainen said:
If it's free, don't complain if it's late?
I'm not complaining per se; I'm mentally encouraging MS to hurry up with the release! :LOL: Of course, that's probably about as effective as cheering on a snail, but still... ;)

Guden Oden said:
I'm not complaining per se; I'm mentally encouraging MS to hurry up with the release! :LOL: Of course, that's probably about as effective as cheering on a snail, but still... ;)

well, not like they miss their release dates often, so no worry..... sometime before 2010 you will have IE7 ;)

silence said:
sometime before 2010 you will have IE7 ;)
...And with half the features initially promised! ;) (The remaining ones may, or may not be offered as downloads at a later date.)

But it'll LOOK really slick! :D

Back