CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Ray reconstruction is not even out yet. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
I think people who are trying the new SDK 3.5.0 .dll saw improvements in DLSS quality w/o RR being active..
Benchmarking YouTuber, MxBenchmarkPC, has published a video showcasing a comparison with DLSS 3.5 enabled and DLSS 3.1 enabled within Cyberpunk 2077. The video also shows DLSS 3.5 FG (Frame Generation) which runs just as well without FG enabled on the latest upscaling version. The new super-sampling model seems to have been given another AI-boosted kick as seen in one of the sections of the video where the caged fence displays fewer artifacts compared with DLSS 3.5 versus DLSS 3.1.1.

They fixed the flashing wire fence problem! :)
Not really, the example in that video is a bit misleading. In a more complex lighting the fences are still shimmering like crazy with the latest 3.5 .dll. Will be interesting to see how RR handles them.

Hopefully they will add some scaling options for the path tracing. It's a bit weird we have to resort to mods for this.

Disabling RTXDI in Portal leads to a significant performance increase and I did many comparison shots - I've rarely been able to tell the difference. If you keep bounces at 2 it will perform better than with RTXDI+ single bounce (which is standard low settings) and will look much better. A shame that you have to resort to the developer menu for this. This should be adjusteable by settings in all path tracing games moving forward.

You won't notice the difference in Portal with reduced light bounces as it has very few reflective surfaces compared to CP2077.

The reflections take way to much of a quality hit reducing the light bounces and for me it's worth the extra performance.

I do wonder if DLSS3.5 would enable the ray counts to be dropped and gain performance that way while having an increase in quality.

Those videos have the upscale quality set to auto.

So is it an apples to apples comparison?

Does auto on either of the 3 methods default to the same quality mode?

DLSS3.5 will fix the issues because DLSS is causing the issues. It's likely that the TPU guy accidentally used FSR/XeSS in that fence comparison since DLSS causes noise that is not there with the other two.

Actually it's not "caused" by DLSS because it's still there when DLSS is disabled. I also just tried with FSR and XeSS and no, they also have the same problem, just not as prominent as DLSS. DLSS seems to have problem with that particular pattern and thus making it much worse.

Actually it's not "caused" by DLSS because it's still there when DLSS is disabled. I also just tried with FSR and XeSS and no, they also have the same problem, just not as prominent as DLSS. DLSS seems to have problem with that particular pattern and thus making it much worse.
This was exactly my experience aswell when I tried all three upscalers in 4K performance mode with path tracing yesterday. All upscalers have trouble with wire fences but DLSS has the noisiest ones.

That dimly lit scene in the video above isn't the best example of what the wire fence noise looks like at their worst. It can be a real disco show:

The fence still has issues with other upscalers, but it's so prominent with DLSS because DLSS introduces this noise which is not present with others.

You can see it on the big fans next to the fence in the fence comparison.

The fence still has issues with other upscalers, but it's so prominent with DLSS because DLSS introduces this noise which is not present with others.

I think the key here is whether RR will be able to fix the shimmering problem or not. That's why I said the basic problem isn't caused by DLSS because it i's already there. DLSS just amplifies it.
From other demos such as the Portal RTX one there's much less flashing or shimmering with RR, although it's not given whether the wire fence will be fixed as well as it's indeed a tricky problem.

I think the key here is whether RR will be able to fix the shimmering problem or not. That's why I said the basic problem isn't caused by DLSS because it i's already there. DLSS just amplifies it.
From other demos such as the Portal RTX one there's much less flashing or shimmering with RR, although it's not given whether the wire fence will be fixed as well as it's indeed a tricky problem.

DLSS did have some unique issues of its own in Cyberpunk. Like the disco lights that you'd often see in the evenings and with sunlight glares during daytime. This was fixed few months back.

Fences is something nVidia uses as an improvement in the Alan Wake 2 demo:

Yes and the faster light response that they show at 20s.

I'm really looking forward to the innovation and the expansion. For me Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game from the first perspective. Besides games of a caliber like Half-Life Alyx I don't see any serious competition either.
why so? I mean, why this game in particular? I am curious 'cos fps is one of the most popular genres and while I know Half Life and how well it works the first perspective camera, there are many titles that have an excellent first person camera. I've watched the video (I don't have the game) and the first person camera is good but I can't appreciate the difference compared to other games, in the video.

Back