Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Bethesda couldn't squeeze all that audio onto one Blu-ray disc and have one retail package for the EU?! I don't see the logic.

Of course they could have. I believe the game takes up a grand total of 6GB on the Xbox 360. That means 19 GB worth of wasted space on a single layer BD rom. Oblivion actually had all the languages.
It's rather baffling how they damn near encourage us to resort to cheap UK imports.

No, the game is completely translated, text and voices and it depends on platform and region which languages are included.
Oh, but that's all right for me, as we'll still get the english version most likely as my language isn't on that list.
Was that the same with Oblivion and Fallouts too?

First PS3 footage. Brief but looks very very good indeed! Lighting looks great! Apologies for language in the vid. Just get a taste of Jeremy Soule's music which sounds just heavenly! I'm much more confident about the PS3 version after seeing this brief snippet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS3 Install Size Reveals:
http://everygamingnews.com/2011/11/05/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-ps3-install-size-reveals/

In Skyrim, you’ll have install, but it is not a great size. It just uses a bit space in your hard drive [5.5 GB]. It’s less than 6.0 GB, so it won’t use much.

It looks like Skyrim has some bugs. The guy, who owns a copy of PS3 version Skyrim said, “I’m not seeing any major differences, although I’m not very far in. The only annoyance I’ve encountered so far is that there’s a slight stutter for auto-saving. The first time it happened it lasted near 10 seconds and I thought the game had crashed, but in every other instance it’s only paused for a split-second. It sometimes auto-saves when you bring up there character menu, but you can set the gaps between auto-saves in the options, or turn them off altogether.”

It has multiple languages but unfortunately no English.
"The European PS3 release has French, Italian, German, and Spanish. It doesn't have English -- that's on the UK release."
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.ph...cting/page__st__20__p__19035728#entry19035728

Is there a separate UK release ?

Skyrim is getting a day one patch, more DLC than you can shake a giant sword at
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/08/skyrim-is-getting-a-day-one-patch-more-dlc-than-you-can-shake-a/

For those of us currently slaying dragons in the frigid realm of Skyrim, pushing ever towards the review embargo this Thursday and launch thereafter, a game patch was spotted upon initial startup. Bethesda reps tell reviewers that the patch "fixes some minor stability and quest progression issues," and that it will be received automatically by players on day one.

If fixes to "minor stability and quest progression issues" don't get you excited, perhaps the prospect of "bigger and more substantial" downloadable content will, as teased by Bethesda creative lead Todd Howard earlier this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUi61RRlug

First PS3 footage. Brief but looks very very good indeed! Lighting looks great! Apologies for language in the vid. Just get a taste of Jeremy Soule's music which sounds just heavenly! I'm much more confident about the PS3 version after seeing this brief snippet.

Offscreen automatically increases lighting Wow factor, but yes, good to see its looking good ! Hope there's a PSN version, 6gb is easy to download and with what is happening to me with the UC3 disc, I don't want disc ever again !

Bethesda couldn't squeeze all that audio onto one Blu-ray disc and have one retail package for the EU?! I don't see the logic.
I don't think there's a logic behind this. All it does is encourage cheap UK imports.
Eidos did the same with Deus Ex. Strange decision.

Oh, but that's all right for me, as we'll still get the english version most likely as my language isn't on that list.
Was that the same with Oblivion and Fallouts too?
Oblivion had all languages on the disc, Fallout 3 and New Vegas only one.

Is there a separate UK release ?
Yes with English only.

More gameplay from the PS3 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84dst75nhk

CopyCat said:
That is quite distressing. Killing bandits and not looting them!?! Sacrilege!!!

Still waiting for my copy to arrive; Game UK shipped it Sunday so I'm hoping it'll come today or tomorrow. May have to sate my RPG appetite with some Oblivion but the thought of that horrid inventory system is putting me off.

Yeah, I'd expect it to be an evolution of the inventory system used in Fallout which was absolutely fine. Oblivion's system was hell once you had a few dozen items, let alone a few hundred stored in a chest or cabinet.

Sigfried1977 said:
Cancelled my pre-order and ordererd from Amazon.co.uk instead. Can't wait.

I really thought I was past the horrid waiting-for-the-new-game thing, heck I'm 40!! GTA IV was the last title I anticipated this much but man, I so want it NOW! House impeccably clean, all books read, no surplus tv left to watch. I'm killing time today reading the TES wiki and getting some background to the new world. Dragons check. Vampires check. Werewolves (quick YouTube search http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...annotation_id=annotation_138363&v=6eoWsCISWvA) niiiice. Geography check, political system check.. plenty more to read now where's my damn package, Royal Mail!?!?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Of course they could have. I believe the game takes up a grand total of 6GB on the Xbox 360. That means 19 GB worth of wasted space on a single layer BD rom.
Apparently it's on the PC where it takes up 6GB of data, 3.8GB on the 360, 5,5GB on the PS3.

I pre-ordered the game and yesterday it has been dispatched already, :smile: so I am as happy as a sandboy. That's the good news.., the not so good news is that the estimated delivery time is about 10 to 15 days where I live. Meanwhile this game will occupy a significantly larger portion of my thoughts than I would have liked. I can't wait. I can only simplify my preference, explaining why I love games like Skyrim, especially after Oblivion, but, in short, I love it. The same way you prefer an orange over an apple.

The wait is oppressing me. This level of stress can't be good, but I hope my friend won't be ostracized by me once I start playing the game. When I get Skyrim it's going to be the time when I think I may even feel most free... from this wait... I don't want to make a big deal out of it.., but I built up a lot of expectations and hype, because TES are among my favourite games ever.

Meanwhile I have Forza 4, and I am becoming a prodigy world saviour in Vanquish -what a great game, gameplay wise games like Gears 3 play so clumsy in comparison-, and FIFA 11. :smile: I tried to pre-order BF3 the other day, but the site didn't support Paypal, which for me is a must after having a very bad experience with credit cards -someone stole a few hundred euros from my account, and I am far from rich- so I never tried again elsewhere.

By the way, stunning new video of Skyrim titled "The World of Skyrim" (Khajiit voices are fun as usual):

As some of you know I've been fortunate enough to have a review copy of Skyrim for almost 2 weeks. I've put a LOT of time into the game so expect a fairly large review. Unfortunately that's going to have to wait until 11/10/11 at 8AM EST.

Here is my question for you guys. What are your questions about Skyrim? What do you want to see in the review?
MAXIMUM ENVY -Activated-. Well, seriously...

UWAAAAH!!! Congratulations! You have the full game already. That is really cool... I'm hoping in about ten days I'll have something to write about the game and Skyriii-ify. I will love to read your review when you upload it.

Ok,some easy to reply and quick questions for you -don't mind if you are busy and can't reply to them, I am just curious-

Did you notice any difference between the installed and the uninstalled game, textures wise? They say, at least on the 360, that the game running on the disc or installed in an USB pendrive looks better than when you install in in the hard drive.

Did they keep the lock-pick minigames? They were rather fun.

Do guards still have telepathy like in Oblivion so when your character steals something or commits a crime they will know almost immediately?

Is there a vampire guild? If I get infected I would really like to play their missions, before trying to find the cure or staying as a vampire.

Apart from the new voice actors and actresses, did they keep the ones from Oblivion? They were rather good.

What about the music? Did Jeremy Soule excelled himself with it? I played Total Annihilation back in the day, Oblivion, Morrowind... and they have some of the best music I ever listened to in any videogame, and quite a few other arts.

On a different note, I remember a rather heated debate about procedurally generated content here on the forums and.... xP

Bethesda has added procedural content to the game, so you can literally complete infinite quests and varied tasks. :p :smile:. All I can say is that this made me genuinely lul out loud....... Amazing.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-infinite-quests/

Skyrim Will Have Infinite Quests, Director Says

If you like getting bang for your buck, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will give you a nuclear blast.

You’ll never have to stop questing in the upcoming open-world role-playing game, to be released November 11 for Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3. Skyrim director Todd Howard told Wired.com in a phone interview Monday that the game will feature a never-ending stream of procedurally generated content, giving players an infinite number of things to do.

“The vibe of the game is that it’s something that you can play forever,” Howard said.

The game’s Radiant quest system randomly generates new tasks based on your progress in the game. An innkeeper might ask you to hunt for bandits in a place you haven’t found yet, or an aspiring alchemist could request that you collect 10 undiscovered flowers for his work. Howard claims that the options are endless.

In addition to these minor tasks, Howard says you’ll be able to do extra work for each of the game’s factions, like the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild. Once you complete the scripted quest lines for each group, you can go to their respective hubs and pick up randomly generated missions to steal gems or assassinate shopkeepers across Skyrim’s massive world.

Though some players might not love the idea of endlessly collecting groups of random ingredients, Howard says that Radiant quests play into one of the game’s major strengths: environmental storytelling. Skyrim’s world is sprinkled with secrets and minor bits of narrative that you’ll have to piece together as you explore, an aspect of game design that Howard says the team picked up while working on their last game, Fallout 3.

“With Fallout, it’s not as beautiful a world to everybody,” he said. “We had to find ways to make exploration of [a destroyed wasteland] interesting.”

For Skyrim, Howard says that Bethesda has learned a few new tricks and gotten better at the old ones. The most enjoyable part of the Radiant system won’t be completing quests, he says, it’ll be the things you discover along the way: bandit-infested fortresses, or a terrifying lighthouse.

“The world is probably the one thing that sets [Skyrim] apart from other games,” he said. “It feels really real for what it is … It’s just fun to explore.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyan said:
so you can literally complete infinite quests and varied tasks.

How do you complete infinite quests!?! :p. Seriously though, this sounds good but I'm curious how deep it goes. If its simply go to X, then <random verb> Z then it will get old fast but if Radiant really is generating quests based upon your past deeds, reputation, faction and so on, that will be quite cool. I played Oblivion for several months but eventually exhausted the quests and you feel you are being artificially pushed out of an area through lack of meaningful things to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I am a bit worried about the infinite quests as that reminds me why I quite Oblivion and Fallout, the quests mainly were boring and they weren't even procedurally generated.
I got sidetracked doing the sidequests and often forgot what that main quest was alla bout.
Hopefully the main quest is interesting in Skyrim.

Can't believe the 360 version is so small. :oops:

I don't know exactly what to expect from each version (better AA 360, better textures PS3?), but there are some not so good news regarding Skyrim.

Contrary to Battlefield 3 where installing the game to the HDD made a huge impact in a positive way, when installing the Xbox 360 version -3.8 GB- it looks worse than playing from disc -like in Halo 3-. I don't know what kind of streaming technology they are using or if this will be patched soon.. I really hope so, because I can't stand the reactor sound of the X360 DVD spinning all the time.

unled3wqy.jpg

skyrimcompare.jpg

This is being discussed here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...s.php?topic_id=m-1-60910056&pid=615803&page=0

I can't wait to play it. Do not want. But judging by screenshots, the difference is quite obvious. I discern it well. And I am quite weak at thecnical matters...

According to a poster on GAF, the texture problem also rears it's ugly head when not installed on the HDD. Seems to be a bug related to pausing the game.

Also, it seems that I found the trigger for the texture problem. When you pull up the menu you still see the game in the background, but it is blurred and has low-res textures to make the menu load faster. After exiting the menu all should go back to normal but it doesn't for everything your character has currently equipped. Re-equip it and it has the normal textures again. And as I said before, this happens to me no matter if I have the game installed or not.

Either way, I hope it's fixed with the day one patch or soon afterwards.

Though I'm still not sure which version I'm getting. :p

Offscreen automatically increases lighting Wow factor, but yes, good to see its looking good ! Hope there's a PSN version, 6gb is easy to download and with what is happening to me with the UC3 disc, I don't want disc ever again !

What's happening with the UC3 disc?

Back