Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2022] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

First you have to accept that you will retract the asteriks. Or else, no video.
You talk to much, even your current video on your channel drops to below 50fps on the odd occasion and generally the frame rate is all over the place.

Dropping it to high won't make it a locked 60fps like you claim.

So come on, I want to see a LOCKED 60fps.

That's a problematic thing because my locked 60 FPS perspective is if I can get 60 FPS %90+ of the time, it is a locked 60 FPS experience for me. If it very rarely drops to 56-59 here and there, it does not bother me, besides that, nature of PC hardware makes sure that you will drop frames here and there, even in games such as Batman Arkham City from 2011 on a 12900k. Even it just casually decides to compile a shader, or load a new asset from RAM to VRAM, all kinds of frame drops tend to happen here and there, which makes perfectly locked 60 FPS impossible (hence I never called my "locked 60 FPS" a perfectly locked 60 FPS. Getting 60 FPS %90+ of the time is pretty much a locked 60 FPS experience with rare dips here and there. Perfectly locked 60 is where you truly never get dips. What you're asking from me, in terms of a perfect lock, as not being any different than asking anyone to share a super perfectly locked 60 FPS on modern games. Almost all DX12 games now compile shaders, and this game too from time to time compiles shader on the fly, though it does not cause huge stutters, it causes slowdowns, which is noted by DF.

So no, if your envisioned locked 60 FPS dream is a situation where it never ever ever drops below 60 slightest bit, no, I cannot provide a video that way. Since you will most likely nitpick slight drops to 58 and 59, I won't be sharing any video to you, since it is pointless and you will say I'm not getting a locked 60 anyways.

Our definitions of locked 60 FPS is entirely different, in that respect, you can have a good day.

That's a problematic thing because my locked 60 FPS perspective is if I can get 60 FPS %90+ of the time, it is a locked 60 FPS experience for me. If it very rarely drops to 56-59 here and there, it does not bother me,
A locked 60fps is exactly that, a locked 60fps.

And you claimed you had a locked 60fps when swinging around Time Square.
So no, if your envisioned locked 60 FPS dream is a situation where it never ever ever drops below 60 slightest bit, no, I cannot provide a video that way.
So when you claimed you had a locked 60fps in Time Square you were telling porkies.
Since you will most likely nitpick slight drops to 58 and 59,
If it drops to 58 or 59fps then it is not a locked 60fps.
I won't be sharing any video to you, since it is pointless and you will say I'm not getting a locked 60 anyways.
Because you can't and don't get a locked 60fps in Time Square which is why you won't make a video and have spent the last few hours flip flopping around avoiding it rather than just holding your hands up and saying you made a false/exaggerated claim.
nature of PC hardware makes sure that you will drop frames here and there, even in games such as Batman Arkham City from 2011 on a 12900k. Even it just casually decides to compile a shader, or load a new asset from RAM to VRAM, all kinds of frame drops tend to happen here and there, which makes perfectly locked 60 FPS impossible
I've never heard something so ridiculous in all my life.
Our definitions of locked 60 FPS is entirely different, in that respect, you can have a good day.
This is one of the worst flip flop cope outs I've ever seen, it's like debating someone on Twitter.

There is only one definition of a locked 60fps.

I think moving forward we can take your performance claims with a truck load of salt unless their backed up by a video.

My initial claim was I was never getting frame dips to low 50s, let alone 40s. I maybe made a mistake by saying that (and as I said, it is not a "cope flip out". It is literally what my definition is for a locked 60, especially for such an aging CPU), but my initial claim stands still. It never drops to 50s, or 40s in Times Square with Range set to 8.

but my initial claim stands still. It never drops to 50s, or 40s in Times Square with Range set to 8.
Your original claim and mention of Time Square was you saying it was a locked 60fps.

But we've seen enough here now to not trust what you say moving forward as you just make stuff up.

"Because you can't and don't get a locked 60fps in Time Square which is why you won't make a video and have spent the last few hours flip flopping around avoiding it rather than just holding your hands up and saying you made a false/exaggerated claim."

I was biding my time to see how low you could go.

here's a video where 2700x not dropping below 60 ONCE while swinging in Times Square with RT Range set to 8 and other settings matching PS5.

Bring your new goalpost.

I'm done with this topic, and with this forum. Everyone can have a good day, if this guy is the representative of you and have the audicity to present his own opinions as "we won't trust you". If this forum does not trust me, then I have no business being here.

Last edited:
That's a problematic thing because my locked 60 FPS perspective is if I can get 60 FPS %90+ of the time, it is a locked 60 FPS experience for me.

That is...a very odd definition of 'locked'. 99%? Sure, fine. But there is no way any reputable benchmarking site, be it DF or even NxG, would call a game '60fps locked' that misses it 10% of the time. Especially in an open world game, you would be hitting that 10% area constantly.

I'm done with this topic, and with this forum. Everyone can have a good day, if this guy is the representative of you and have the audicity to present his own opinions as "we won't trust you". If this forum does not trust me, then I have no business being here.

You know you can put people on ignore, right? The only people 'representative' of this site are the mods, and he is not one.

Last edited:
That is...a very odd definition of 'locked'. 99%? Sure, fine. But there is no way any reputable benchmarking site, be it DF or even NxG, would call a game '60fps locked' that misses it 10% of the time. Especially in an open world game, you would be hitting that 10% area constantly.
Well, in this video I've presented, it never drops below 60. So I guess all the arguments of him can go the a waste bin now.

"Because you can't and don't get a locked 60fps in Time Square which is why you won't make a video and have spent the last few hours flip flopping around avoiding it rather than just holding your hands up and saying you made a false/exaggerated claim."

I was biding my time to see how low you could go.

here's a video where 2700x not dropping below 60 ONCE while swinging in Times Square with RT Range set to 8 and other settings matching PS5.

Bring your new goalpost.
Is that video a joke?

34 seconds long, 6 seconds in the games settings menu, 6 seconds on the ground....so only ~half of the video was swinging around.

And swinging at ground level where its easy, in fact you couldn't have done any more to avoid a drop if you tried.

Your other Time Square video on your YouTube channel is over 3 minutes long with actual Web swinging.

But well done, you can get a "locked" 60fps in Time Square.

Nice job moving goalposts. That's why I tried avoiding sharing a video initially. That's all you get with your attitude, nothing more. I "proved" my claim. Your original claim never mentioned anything about how long the video would be. You just said I was lying when I said I would be getting locked 60 FPS in Times Square with RT Range set to 8. I did.

Even I share a video 3 minutes long, you will still find something to nitpick, so why even bother beyond that? ;) Time flies so fast in air dude, It felt like hours to me.

Nice job moving goalposts. That's why I tried avoiding sharing a video initially. That's all you get with your attitude, nothing more. I "proved" my claim. Your original claim never mentioned anything about how long the video would be. You just said I was lying when I said I would be getting locked 60 FPS in Times Square with RT Range set to 8. I did.

Even I share a video 3 minutes long, you will still find something to nitpick, so why even bother beyond that? ;)
The lowest FPS I spotted in your video was 54fps.

So even after doing everything you possibly could to avoid dropping below 60fps and cherry picking your frame rate data you still dropped below 60fps.

See what having a cocky attitude gets you?

Good day.

Last edited:
I don't care if frametime dropped below 16.6 ms for the millionth of a second. If AB deemed it to monitor it at or above 60, then to me, it is just 60 frames per second. Framerate bar never showed it below 60, which destroys your point. You should've made your case clear from the start.

Your cockiness, pettiness and extremely pedantic behaviour can only get you so far. You're just reflecting your own behaviour on yourself. Stop trying to blame others.

I deleted the video and I will reshare it without a frametime graph. That way, you won't see anything below 60, and you will be happy. You can do a frame by frame analysis though. You're free to do whatever you want to. Because a frametime graph was never in question. :)

I don't care if frametime dropped below 16.6 ms for the millionth of a second. If AB deemed it to monitor it at or above 60, then to me, it is just 60 frames per second. Framerate bar never showed it below 60, which destroys your point. You should've made your case clear from the start.

Your cockiness, pettiness and extremely pedantic behaviour can only get you so far. You're just reflecting your own behaviour on yourself. Stop trying to blame others.
The frame rate does actually show below 60fps.

So even after cherry picking the perfect scenario to avoid drops to post that 'locked 60fps" to shut me up you still posted a video that shows 54fps at one point.

To go to such lengths to hide a false claim rather than just owning up is desparate and something I expect to see on Twitter, not in these forums.

You said you were done with this forum.

As the other user explained and calmed me down, you're not representative of the forum. Therefore, I will instead ignore you (after I'm done with you).

I've deleted the video and I will reshare it without a frametime graph. That way, you won't see anything below 60, and you will be happy. You can do a frame by frame analysis though. You're free to do whatever you want to. Because a frametime graph was never in question. :)
All this instead of just saying you exaggerated your performance slightly.

It's sad.

And Flappy is right, I've added you to ignore.

Post to your hearts content because I won't see it.

The lighting conditions can affect the RT performance in the Times Square area greatly I find.

Granted my i5-12400 is bottlenecked by its ram somewhat, which is only 2800mhz. However in every benchmark I've seen, the Alderlake CPU's outpace Zen2 (and certainly Zen+) models, so even with that stipulation I don't believe the effect of -400mhz on the ram is that crippling.

So console settings (object detail at 8), 1080p, very high textures (RTX 3060 12GB).

In Times Square at night, I had a couple of drops to 59fps. Most of the time 65-70+. With Vsync, even this I wouldn't say would necessarily be a good experience, there were too many where it was just at 60 without vsync and no doubt when I've tried playing with vsync and RT on in this area there are quite a few stutters.

In daytime at noon however, it's far worse* (note video may still be processing). There's a particular corner that drops my fps into the 40's. Numerous drops into the 50's. Definitely nothing close to 60fps locked with object detail at 8 and RT in a non-GPU stress area.

Make of that what you will.

*EDIT: I screwed up, crowd/traffic was set to high which greatly increases RT demands. See updated video link on next page with proper settings.

Last edited:
Jesus, the guy is literally talking about the momentary frame stop (I didn't even think he would be focusing on that) when I entered the in game menu to show settings. I really thought he noticed a framedrop in actual gameplay. Lmao. I'm reuploading the video now. Lmao.

The lighting conditions can affect the RT performance in the Times Square area greatly I find.

Granted my i5-12400 is bottlenecked by its ram somewhat, which is only 2800mhz. However in every benchmark I've seen, the Alderlake CPU's outpace Zen2 (and certainly Zen+) models, so even with that stipulation I don't believe the effect of -400mhz on the ram is that crippling.

So console settings (object detail at 8), 1080p, very high textures (RTX 3060 12GB).

In Times Square at night, I had a couple of drops to 59fps. Most of the time 65-70+. With Vsync, even this I wouldn't say would necessarily be a good experience, there were too many where it was just at 60 without vsync and no doubt when I've tried playing with vsync and RT on in this area there are quite a few stutters.

In daytime at noon however, it's far worse (note video may still be processing). There's a particular corner that drops my fps into the 40's. Numerous drops into the 50's. Definitely nothing close to 60fps locked with object detail at 8 and RT in a non-GPU stress area.

And at this point it is granted that my CPU never drops to 50s and 40s. It is far away from being dropping into 40s. You can too make of that what you will. I also did the video in noon.

I will reupload the original video (the 54 FPS he was talking about happens when you enter the menu,w hich practically happens to everyone).

Imagine being so desperate that using a menu-FPS drop as a "gotcha" moment.

3UB1nw7.png

I will do a video for you seperately (2 mins long), where I will show that it never drops to 40s. Maybe having 8 cores do grant some merit to the old aging CPU, but I have no idea why yours would perform the way it does.

In daytime at noon however, it's far worse (note video may still be processing). There's a particular corner that drops my fps into the 40's. Numerous drops into the 50's. Definitely nothing close to 60fps locked with object detail at 8 and RT in a non-GPU stress area.

The issue is when people lie about their performance or make false claims.

Strange you find day time harder to hit in 60fps in, for my 3600 night time performs worse.

Regarding your RAM, Hardware Unboxed did a video of cheap DDR5 that's well worth checking out.

And at this point it is granted that my CPU never drops to 50s and 40s. It is far away from being dropping into 40s. You can too make of that what you will. I also did the video in noon.

May not make any difference, but your video looks like it was at sunset actually.

I will do a video for you seperately (2 mins long), where I will show that it never drops to 40s. Maybe having 8 cores do grant some merit to the old aging CPU, but I have no idea why yours would perform the way it does.

I'm sure the extra cores help quite a bit.

Back