Cubs vs Indians, or rather digitalwander vs BRiT

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Best damned series of my life so far, and I have lived to do something many generations of my family have only dreamed about...I'm watching the Cubs in the World Series!

Funny thing? BRiT is sort of in the same boat, but he's a Cleveland man fan so we've been having fun talking about the series. The best part? There is like NO nastiness about it, everyone is really positive and just hopes the games are good.

Tonight the Cubs will play in the World Series in Wrigley Field. This will be the first time they've been in the World Series since the US dropped the atomic bomb on Japan, the first time that a World Series game has been broadcast on television in Wrigley Field, and tonight Bill Murray will be singing the 7th inning stretch and I will be belting it out with him! (Albeit from home, bleacher seats are currently going for over $5k us..I shit thee not!)

So I thought I'd start a general thread, just in case anyone else feels like posting up their feels about it. I've been a recovering Cubs fan since around 84-85, but they're starting to make me believe again. :D

I'd really like for the Cleveland Indians to win it to round out 2016 as being the Year For Cleveland; Cleveland Monsters AHL Calder Cup Championship, Stipe Miocic UFC Champion, Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Champions.

The real shame about this World Series is that one team must lose for the other to win. I really wish it wouldn't have placed two cities with such a long streak of not winning it against each other.

At times baseball is too long for me to watch, though I generally will watch the last 3 innings. It's a more relaxing sport to watch than the others. It was absolutely nerve wrecking watching the NBA Championship series.

I admit that the Cubs likely have the better team given their depth of talent. This years Indians team was a total surprise to me and most other Clevelanders.

Just remember the following two Chicago Cubs mottos and everything will be alright:
109 is Fine!
Keep The Streak Alive!

The first game of the series had me scared to death, Cleveland's pitching was INSANE! Win or lose, either way it's been the best season in a looooong time for the Cubbies which has just brought this weird community vibe all over the area as everyone is excited about the Cubs here. The series has really impressed me too with the sportsmanship on both sides, it's like you can feel the fun they're all having being there. :D

Yeah, we're pretty self-aggrandizing here still. :p

Just watching the pre-game show, the bars in Wrigleyville opened at 7:30am and the streets have been packed there since! :oops:

Just realized something that had slipped past me. In the first two games the crowd seemed to be about an equal mix of Cubs fans and Indian fans, in this game it ain't nothing but an ocean of Cubs fans.

I think it's time to get my rally cap out....

That was one hell of a tough game. It really could have gone either way.

My congratulations, that was an excellently played game. I haven't seen pitching like that since, well since the first game actually. LOL

Good series, good games. I really am glad it's the Indians the Cubs are playing, it makes it special somehow and it's just damned positive all around! It's almost restoring my faith in humanity a bit after all this political bullshit lately. :)

7-1 at the top of the 8th, Cleveland is slaughtering the Cubs.

Again, Cleveland is just giving an education on pitching and this time they brought some sticks with them. The Cubs are living up to my expectations, I knew if I gave them a chance they'd try breaking my heart again.

But I haven't given up any kind of hope yet, not until they lose the series. I never expected the Cubs to even make it, I never doubted though that it'd be an intense roller-coaster ride if they did.

It ain't over until it's over, but damn this game isn't looking too good for the Cubs. :(

Wow, that was a surprise game to me. I certainly never expected it to be that much of a break-out game.

You certainly shouldn't give up hope, it's how the Cleveland Cavs won their championship, by not giving up and mounting one hell of a comeback.

Oh, I haven't given up the slightest bit of hope BRiT. I'm still confident of a Cubbies win even if they lose tonight.

We've waited a long time, I wouldn't want it to be a boring World Series victory. Whoever walks away with the title from this one will have damned well earned it! (Although it would hurt my feelings to change the name from "World" series to "US" series or something, it is a bit pretentious. ;) )

Sort of, in a best of 7 series. The Cubs won last night and trail in the series 2-3, they'll be playing tomorrow night in Cleveland.

I want the carnivores to emerge victorious, while BRiT is rooting for the natives. With the way both teams are playing I really wish there was a way for them to tie in the series and both win, but there can be only one. :(

Ok, we're only going in to the top of the fourth...but I have got this incredible "we're going to seven games!" vibe going on already and I'm enjoying watching this game! :D

(Cubs are winning 7-0)

Cheer up buddy, they scored some points and have been holding the Cubs scoreless since the first few innings. This isn't gonna be no shut out or gimme, don't give up on me now!

Back