CryENGINE 3

That's because Quicktime is a crappy, non-standards compliant h264 decoder for anything other than SD sources. And the encoder is even worse.

That's because Quicktime is a crappy, non-standards compliant h264 decoder for anything other than SD sources. And the encoder is even worse.

Hi grandmaster, ummm.. where exactly can I get the wmv you guys are talking about? I crave it and can't find it. :)

And if you're still having the 1080p @24Hz problem, I'll just paste here what I posted a while ago at gaf, when I managed to force 60Hz with my 260 using a custom mode in the nvidia control panel:

me@gaf a while ago said:
Hey guys, I played Crysis recently and am playing Warhead now, and I was using XPx64, but decided to change to Vista64. When trying to run either game I was having the 1080p @ 24Hz problem when using the DX10 executable and my HDTV.

I have a nVidia GTX260 and while looking for a solution I saw someone who had the same problem with an ATI card and solved it in the ATI control panel by adding support manually for different modes, so I went looking in the nVidia control panel to see if I could do something similar. I managed to add a custom 1080p60 mode and now both games work properly in DX10, so here's the steps for the 181.22 drivers control panel:

1-open the nvidia control panel
2*-if you're currently at 1080p60 in Windows, change the desktop resolution to something else temporarily, like 1280x720, in Change resolution under "Display" on the task list
3-go to manage custom resolutions also under "Display"
4-(not sure if this is really needed), deselect Force HD Res. and select Allow modes not exposed by the display
5-click create, and insert 1920, 1080, 60 refresh rate and 32 bpp(bits per pixel can probably be different)
6-click test, press ok in the dialog that shows up, the "new" 1080p mode will be set and assuming all went well, it should say "if it looks correct please press yes". So press it lol.
7-you should now have the new resolutin under the Custom resolutions list.
8-exit the control panel and play the game, it should now be at 1080p60

*I needed step 2 because I was already in 1080p in the windows desktop and when I tried to test the custom resolution it'd say "test failed" or something similar, so I changed to 720p beforehand.

Before the 1080p24 problem, I was having the "game starts in window mode" and "mouse offset in the menu" problems, which I got rid of by opening the game in DX9 mode, changing to 1080p full screen, exiting and restarting in DX10 mode. After that, it was at 1080p but 24...

I'm gonna post this too in the Warhead thread. It's a bit weird because a few days ago I'd already tried Crysis in Vista64 DX10 and did not have this problem. This was a new installation (with all updates done), so I'm not sure what caused it.

Thanks for this. My Vista system has now been completely disassembled and has been repurposed as a basic TrueHD capture machine running XP and a mid-range ATI card so it's probably going to be some time before I return to the Crysis grail quest. Maybe next week end, maybe beyond. I'm trying to source more i7 components at a reasonable price so I don't have to break apart my current TrueHD i7 unit in order to fit in the GTX295.

Any way, the VC-1 encode you seek is here: http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?tag=cryengine

3x GTX 285's would give you a much better chance of hitting those numbers in Crysis. Even then though I doubt you will get a stable 60fps. Perhaps with some serious overclocking of both the GPU's and the CPU it might be possible.

So, any clues on when Crytek will showcase the new realtime GI they have been mentionong?
When are they going to show the PC version of all those features?

It kills quicktime aswell,dunno why.., i don't have problems with the other players.

From what you guys said, I just tried the same Zero Compromise video in VLC and it works perfect. I guess Quicktime couldn't handle the file properly.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/crysis-core
Found a new interview with Cevat Yerli on CE3 and the consoles, quite an interesting read.

Q: Although a PC developer, you've always been very interested in home consoles. Is there even more pressure now to release a console project to show off what you can do and what the CryEngine 3 can achieve on consoles?

Cevat Yerli: Is there pressure? Yes. Are we doing something, I cannot comment. Frankly, let's put it this way, we are not just working on an engine just for the sake of developing an engine. Let's wait and see.

From that interview

Q: This is the first time you've shown CryEngine 3 off publicly, what's been the early reaction to it so far?

Cevat Yerli: We've had really high-profile meetings with executives and reactions have ranged from "we've never seen this before" to "are you sure this is running on PlayStation 3?" I promise you, on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 it looks absolutely the same, there's no difference. When we show it, we show it side by side and there's no difference. In fact the PS3 version is running a tick faster but that's only coincidence and they'll be equal.

I dont get this part.

Q: This is the first time you've shown CryEngine 3 off publicly, what's been the early reaction to it so far?

Cevat Yerli: We've had really high-profile meetings with executives and reactions have ranged from "we've never seen this before" to "are you sure this is running on PlayStation 3?" I promise you, on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 it looks absolutely the same, there's no difference. When we show it, we show it side by side and there's no difference. In fact the PS3 version is running a tick faster but that's only coincidence and they'll be equal.

They talking about another demo besides CE3 techdemo? becouse there was some differences, some of them blatantly obvious in CE3 console techdemo. Anyways kudos to them!

They talking about another demo besides CE3 techdemo? becouse there was some differences, some of them blatantly obvious in CE3 console techdemo. Anyways kudos to them!

You know, I know CryTek is one of your favourite devs but, it wouldn't be the first time Cevat... hmm... uses hyperbole. ;)

Yeah don't forget when Carmack said Doom 3 would look the same on Xbox as it did on PC... or my personal favorite, Serious Sam 2 would look exactly the same on Xbox as it does on PC. I never take those kinds of comments at face value. These guys want to make money as much as the rest of us do.

I dont get this part.

All the contents were the same on either version, I think Fran mentioned before that whatever difference you have noticed would due to technical glitches. So theoretically they should output roughly the same visuals in the end and maybe one version runs a certain part faster and vise versa?

Back