Cruise sells the statue of his daughter's poo...

_xxx_

Banned
It's in german, but in short, they made a bronze statue of Suri's first, errm, excrements and intend to sell it. They expect about $30,000! :LOL:

I'm sure they'll get even more, there are more than enough idiots out there...

Link

It must be true, I saw it carried in The China Daily from a Agence France Press report :cool:

And AMD Athlon 64 AM2 beats Conroe Core 2 Duo, no contest!

Tomkitten's 'first poop' goes on display
(AFP)
Updated: 2006-08-31 10:41

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have yet to show their baby daughter off in public, but eager fans have been given an unusual preview overnight, with the chance to see a bronze cast depicting her first solid stool.
The scatological sculpture is purportedly cast from 19-week old Suri's first bowel movement and will be shown at the Capla Kesting gallery in Brooklyn, New York, before being auctioned off for charity.

The artist behind the work, Daniel Edwards, previously courted controversy with a life-size nude sculpture of pop star Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug. That work was shown at the same gallery in April.

"A bronzed cast of a baby's first poop can be a meaningful memento for the family," gallery director David Kesting said, adding that he hoped the work would attract bids of up to $US50,000 ($65,000).

The sculpture, which sits on a wooden mounting with a glass casing, is to be sold on eBay next month with proceeds from the sale going to infant health charity March Of Dimes.

As of Wednesday it had attracted a top bid of $US41 ($54).

Cruise and Holmes announced Suri's birth in April. The entertainment press, which dubbed the pair "TomKat," has shown a seemingly insatiable appetite for news of the pair and their "TomKitten."

A spokeman for the couple was not immediately available Wednesday to comment on the sculpture.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-08/31/content_678447.htm

http://www.afp.com/english/home/

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gallery displaying the Poo

http://www.caplakesting.com/

I am sure people will be falling over themselves to obtain this item of high culture, so I have included a link so where you can bid for the commerative poo.

Daniel Edwards
SURI CRUISE’S BRONZED BABY POOP
Show Dates - August 30 -September 9
Reception with the artist: Friday, September 8th 6-9pm
Capla Kesting Fine Art is located at:
121 Roebling St, 7-8 - Brooklyn, NY 11211
phone: 917-650-3760
Bedford Ave L Train at the corner of North 5th and Roebling.
Gallery Hours: Thursday - Saturday from 1:00 to 6:00 pm or by appointment.

SURI CRUISE’S BRONZED BABY POOP
Healthy ‘Evidence’ Of Tom And Katie’s Baby Goes On Ebay

BROOKLYN, NY (August 2006) – Bronzed baby shoes are out, and bronzed baby poop is in, for Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes as they celebrate baby’s “first poopâ€. The commemoration of baby Suri Cruise’s first poop strives to be the evidence of her existence for a public yet to see photos of the superstar couple’s four month old infant. Suri Cruise’s commissioned bronzed baby poop goes on display August 30th at Capla Kesting Fine Art in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg gallery district and will be offered on eBay.

Suri’s bronzed poop is purportedly cast from the excretion of her first solid meal. “Babies mostly breastfeed for the first four months, so a baby’s first meal of solid food may be a baby’s first meal at the dinner table,†said David Kesting, director of Capla Kesting Fine Art. “A bronzed cast of baby’s first poop can be a meaningful memento for the family.†Suri’s bronzed baby poop will be exhibited under a display case until the ebay auction ends, explains Kesting, but he admits they’ve commissioned artist Daniel Edwards to produce a limited edition plaster replica.

Casting of the baby poop with a bronze finish and mounted on a base that includes a brass plate engraved with baby Suri’s name, comes at a time when Tom Cruise is increasingly known for his eccentricity. Capla Kesting Fine Art assures the trend for bronzing baby poop isn’t so eccentric and simply follows the popularity of the critically acclaimed children’s book, “Everybody Poopsâ€.

The gallery says it supports Tom Cruise’s and Katie Holmes’s decision to withhold images of baby Suri from the public, though gossip magazines speculate the reason may be that Suri may be deformed. The gallery asserts its bronzed baby poop reinforces claims, made after celebrity sightings of Suri, that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have a healthy baby.

Reception for Suri ’s bronzed baby poop will be held September 8th from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at 121 Roebling St., Brooklyn NY 11211. The gallery can be reached at www.caplakesting.com or by phone at 917-650-3760.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=200021983816

Caca Amigos
Zapata

I was going to post: This is so stupid! But i guess it's really not needed.

I just find the whole Tom Cruise situation very, very, very sad.

Just imagine the interview with the buyer: "So how does it feel to buy a piece of sh*t for $30,000?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenu!

1083374,h=287,pd=1,w=420.jpg

It's only because of the high level of body thetans present in your bodies that you can't comprehend why it's natural for someone to sell a statue of his kid's first poo.

That said... How did they get to obtain that turd?
I mean, how did they knew that it was going to be their kid's first production of solid doodoo butter?
Did they pay someone to walk everywhere with they butt naked kid waiting for the "big doodoo day" or "the day the number 2 arrived"? How many liquid crap had to hit one of the sumptuous carpet on the ground of their luxurious place before they get the oh so expected solid turd?

So many questions, so much crap, so little answers.

How do we know this guy didn't just make the statue and is passing it off as labelled? Are we sure Cruise/Katie/Suri were actually involved in this?

How do we know this guy didn't just make the statue and is passing it off as labelled? Are we sure Cruise/Katie/Suri were actually involved in this?

If I have read it correctly, the report does not actually say the artist was presented with celebrity baby doo by the proud parents.

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Who....the fuck.....cares about this IDIOTS child. Or this idiot? Tom Cruise's lifestyle is about as interesting to me as watching paint dry. I seriously hope he steps on a landmine and rids the world of his nonsense.

Is Suri even real?!

I'd guess that a statue of the poo of a baby that doesn't actually exist would sell for a lot. I mean it's like a paradox. The thing shouldn't exist. Maybe they can keep it in a box, never to be opened, and hail it as The Proof of Schrödinger's cat paradox. They could rename it the Cruises's shit paradox. The Truth.

Scientology forevvah.

From the ebay auction:

Q: Is there a certificate of authenticity that comes with this?

A: The gallery will issue a Certificate of Authenticity stating that the sculpture is, an original work of art produced by Daniel Edwards. Please note there will be no authentication from the Cruise family as the item was made as an artist rendering of what Suri Cruises' first solid meal waste would look like. Thank you for your intrest and good luck bidding!

IMO the whole thing is pretty amusing - it's art, and I'm not talking about the sculpture.

Back