Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

A brazilian hospital tested Hidroxicloroquine + Azitromicine (HCQ-AZ) with 636 pacients.
- 412 used the HCQ-AZ immediately after diagnostic
- 224 was the control group and not used it

They say preliminary results are death reduced by 60% and 380 pacients recovered.
They needed less resources and time recover.
They still have UCI space available in the hospital.

Here the newspaper article (portuguese language): https://exame.abril.com.br/negocios...coce-reduziu-mortes-em-60-diz-prevent-senior/

The hospital chain site: https://preventsenior.com.br/

Take care!

Ohio's numbers today, Confirmed: 9107 (up from 8414 ), Hospitalized: 2424 (up from 2331 ), and Deaths: 418 (up from 389 ).
CDC Expanded Cases and Deaths: 249 (up from 175 ), 17 (down from 16 )
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 1383 (Up from 1331 ).

Percentage increase: 8.23%, 3.99%, 7.46%
Raw increase: 693, 93, 29

Ohio has 77,677 (up from 74,840) tests and 6672 (up from 6,429) tests per 1M population -- from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So now Ohio is still the confirmed cases doubling every 9 days territory, if things hold they will be around 17K confirmed cased on April 25th going from the 8414 number yesterday. This is entirely going the wrong direction.

I wonder how many of the new cases are from Michigan or Pennsylvania fucktards coming into Ohio to buy Alcohol of if it's just from fucktards not following the shelter-at-home orders anymore.

Ohio's numbers today, Confirmed: 9107 (up from 8414 ), Hospitalized: 2424 (up from 2331 ), and Deaths: 418 (up from 389 ).
CDC Expanded Cases and Deaths: 249 (up from 175 ), 17 (down from 16 )
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 1383 (Up from 1331 ).

Percentage increase: 8.23%, 3.99%, 7.46%
Raw increase: 693, 93, 29

Ohio has 77,677 (up from 74,840) tests and 6672 (up from 6,429) tests per 1M population -- from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So now Ohio is still the confirmed cases doubling every 9 days territory, if things hold they will be around 17K confirmed cased on April 25th going from the 8414 number yesterday. This is entirely going the wrong direction.

I wonder how many of the new cases are from Michigan or Pennsylvania fucktards coming into Ohio to buy Alcohol of if it's just from fucktards not following the shelter-at-home orders anymore.

It could just be a temporary spike due to variability in testing. We still have spikes here in WA despite being on the downward slope.

Regards,
SB

"Whoops", Finland has officially only 82 deaths from COVID-19 so far. Now they found out that at least one hospital district (Finland is divided into 20 distritcs) hasn't reported any of the deaths in retirement/nursing homes, which alone add at least 48 on top of that, who knows whether other districts have done the same or not.
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/...ties_likely_under-reported_by_dozens/11312030

It’s very common all over the world, eg here in Catalonia a few days ago they went from 3700 deaths to 7000 i.e nearly doubled because the decided to also include the deaths that happen in resthomes and not just in hospitals, though Spain doesn’t still recognise these in the offical death count :yes: so the official number of 19k is actually prolly closer to 40k.

I think the best idea is just to count the number of deaths and the deduct the average number of deaths that country has over that period of time

South Dakota is one of a handful of states that has resisted issuing a stay-at-home order

EVvBLMAU0AAId3Y

Craft stores specifically? What's the reasoning there?

It's specifically because on one Craft Store Chain.

Hobby Lobby Open Amid Coronavirus: God Will Keep Workers Safe
https://heavy.com/news/2020/03/hobby-lobby-open-coronavirus

And as the title above shows you can see why they first resisted closing and have since lobbied to become an essential retailer.

Is Hobby Lobby an essential retailer? Some forced to close because of COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...tial-business-hobby-lobby-closings/5104667002

Hobby Lobby is reportedly keeping some of its stores open in defiance of state shelter-in-place orders while some locations are being forced to close, according to media reports.

As businesses across the nation grapple with differences in how states define "essential" businesses or retailers, Hobby Lobby and its competitors Michaels and JOANN have kept many locations open with limited hours.

But some Hobby Lobby locations in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and Colorado were shut down by law enforcement after reopening, defying the orders.

Hobby Lobby did not respond to USA TODAY's response for comment.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost tweeted Wednesday that he sent Hobby Lobby a cease-and-desist letter.

"Hobby Lobby properly closed its stores during Ohio’s stay-home order. Now they’re open again – what’s changed?" Yost wrote. "Neither the order, nor the seriousness of the health threat, for sure."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-far-more-widespread-than-previously-thought
Non-peer reviewed study from Stanford found rate of virus may be 50 to 85 times higher than official figures
Lines up with what I've been thinking for weeks (so confirmation bias perhaps) but looking at the data over the past weeks I have come to the conclusion that actual cases are actually 10-100x larger than the official numbers. We will see soonish (next week) as for a few days now in spain, theres a lot more freedom, ~20% of the ppl are now working) I suspect next week we will not see a huge jump in the number of cases

saw this yesterday
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...ab-felt-like-needles-jabbing-my-nasal-passage
Will be interesting as NZ doesnt have many confirmed cases ~1400, I think they will find its much more prevalent than that.

What now is important (which no doubt they are doing) is finding out why some ppl (esp young healthy ppl) are getting very sick. So then we can test ppl for this and then they can take precautions is susceptable

Last edited:
It will never happen but i hope the owners get sued for every employee that catches covid-19
Legal defence - "God willed them to get ill. As it was by His Design, there's nothing anyone could do to stop it."
Prosecution - "Why would He want them to get ill?"
Legal defence - "The Lord moves in mysterious ways, which are ineffable."
Judge - "Good point. We don't know why God wanted them to get sick, but we can't stop His Plan. There's nothing David Green can do to stop God making people sick and clearly he isn't accountable. Case closed."

Legal defence - "God willed them to get ill. As it was by His Design, there's nothing anyone could do to stop it."
Prosecution - "Why would He want them to get ill?"
Legal defence - "The Lord moves in mysterious ways, which are ineffable."
Judge - "Good point. We don't know why God wanted them to get sick, but we can't stop His Plan. There's nothing David Green can do to stop God making people sick and clearly he isn't accountable. Case closed."
Jeez... religion is so disgusting!

I do personally think that the virus is much more widespread than believed, due to the asymptomatic carriers and others with mild, virtually non-existent symptoms. However, the study reported in the Graun apparently used finger prick tests. If it was one of the ready-made ones so the samples don't go to a lab, take the results with a pinch of salt. None of them produced yet has been nearly accurate enough. I think antibody tests are certainly required, but we need them to be accurate to have some sort of an idea what is actually going on out there. I think lab-based tests will be the only way to do this.

I do personally think that the virus is much more widespread than believed, due to the asymptomatic carriers and others with mild, virtually non-existent symptoms.
Well, that is pretty much a fact rather than a personal opinion, as we discussed several times here. And also, the false negatives...

The stupid Dallas County Commissioners here in Texas not only opened Craft Stores prematurely but also gutted the Mandatory Face Mask order so people will not take it seriously.

Dallas County commissioners voted Friday to reopen craft stores and partially scale back an order requiring residents to wear masks in public.

County Judge Clay Jenkins issued the order Thursday that requires county residents to wear face coverings when working, riding public transit and running essential errands, effective at 11:59 p.m. Friday.

Friday morning’s 3-2 vote was taken during an emergency meeting to give residents access to materials craft stores sell that can be used to make masks. Commissioners
John Wiley Price, J.J. Koch and Theresa Daniel voted in favor, while Commissioner Elba Garcia and Jenkins voted against the move.

The vote, taken after some commissioners complained that Jenkins wasn’t properly communicating with them, also changes the order to explicitly say that residents not in compliance won’t be fined or incur any other issue with law enforcement.

Jenkins’ order requires anyone older than 2 who rides public transit, works at an essential business or is performing an essential task like going to the grocery store to wear a face covering. The county judge said items such as scarves and bandannas were acceptable.

Establishments are allowed to refuse to let in people who aren’t wearing face coverings.

Removing wording about a possible $1,000 fine from the original order was necessary to prevent the public from having unnecessary run-ins with law enforcement, Koch said.

During Friday’s meeting, Jenkins said that while the county was making progress in slowing the spread of the coronavirus, the mask order was needed to continue flattening the curve. He said he worried that changing the language would cause the public to not take the order seriously.

“We haven’t reached the peak. It’s not a time to back away from CDC recommendations at this point,” Jenkins said, referring to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention.

While grocers appreciate the added protection that the mask order gives their employees, local retailers won’t deny service to anyone, said Gary Huddleston, grocery industry consultant for the Texas Retailers Association.

So there you have it more stores opening with no-one required to put on a face mask. The end result will be more coronavirus infections.

The stupid Dallas County Commissioners here in Texas not only opened Craft Stores prematurely but also gutted the Mandatory Face Mask order so people will not take it seriously.

So there you have it more stores opening with no-one required to put on a face mask. The end result will be more coronavirus infections.

That will also be the course of the entire country. Extremely sad when it might only have required another few weeks of vigilance to truly make a difference. With the re-opening happening too soon, July 4th is going to be one huge cluster-fuck for the country.

Face masks aren't mandatory here in WA and it's not flaring up. When I went to get groceries the day before yesterday, probably only about 1/4 of the people had face masks on.

The more important thing is that every surface that people could or would touch was frequently disinfected as well as limiting how many people could be in the store at a given time.

Regards,
SB

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-far-more-widespread-than-previously-thought

Lines up with what I've been thinking for weeks (so confirmation bias perhaps) but looking at the data over the past weeks I have come to the conclusion that actual cases are actually 10-100x larger than the official numbers. We will see soonish (next week) as for a few days now in spain, theres a lot more freedom, ~20% of the ppl are now working) I suspect next week we will not see a huge jump in the number of cases

I calculated and is something like 100 times more than confirmed cases.

Dr. Wong (brazilian MD) say at 11:30 that chinese autorities statistically identified 60% of people with antibodies in Wuhan.
See this interview (portuguese language):
Which means 6.6 million people with antibodies for about ~70.000 confirmed in Wuhan.
1 x 100

The MIT Technology Review in the Instagram says that in one german city one in seven has antibodies. If you believe this is true for the entire country than it means 13 million people with antibodies for 140.000 confirmed.
1 x 100

Take care!

That assumes the antibody tests are accurate and the PCR tests were missing a truck load of positives. I don't see how 50x infection rate can be reconciled with the other data points, and your maths only works in isolation. It'd be good if true, making Covid19 no more dangerous than flu but far more contagious, but that level of contagiousness and that proportion of asymptomatic cases doesn't fit the rest of the puzzle pieces.

Again, we have examples like the Italian town where everyone was tested, and 50% had no symptoms. That's completely different results to these antibody tests suggesting maybe 90% are mild/asymptomatic.

So how do you reconcile the info? What's you're theory in how it all fits together?

Back