Confirmed PS3 Launch games yet?

jpr27

Regular
Topic:

Now that E3 is complete...

I know that there are rumors Heavenly Sword and I believe Resistance are two that might have a chance at day 1 launch titles. As far as MGS4 I'm pretty sure these will not make the launch (maybe not even in the considered launch window). Im looking to what games everyone thinks (or knows for sure :)) WILL launch with the PS3. Or at least a guess on the number of titles on launch day?

1st party:
-Eye of Judgement
-Resistence: Fall of man
-WarHawk
-Singstar
-Untold Ledgends: Dark Kingdom
-Genji 2 (Q4 2006)
-NBA 07 (Q4 2006)
-Lair (Q4 2006)

3rd party:
-Sonic the Hedgehog (Q4 2006)
-Ridge Racer 7
-Fatal Intertia
-EA Fight Night Round 3 (Q4 2006)
-NBA Live 07 (Q4 2006)
-Madden 07 (Q4 2006)
-NCAA Football 07 (Q4 2006)
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
-NHL 2K7 (Q4 2006)
-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Q4 2006)
-WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 (Q4 2006)
-Full Auto 2: Battlelines (Q4 2006)
-Call of Duty 3 (Q4 2006)
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Q4 2006)
-Alone in the Dark (Q4 2006)
-Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Q4 2006)
-John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Q4 2006)
-Rayman 4: Raving Rabbids (Q4 2006)
-World Pool Championship 2007 (Q4 2006)
-Bladestorm: Hundred Years War (Q4 2006)
-The Darkness (Q4 2006)
-NBA 2k7 (Q4 2006)
-NHL 2k7 (Q4 2006)
-Turok (Q4 2006)
-Unreal Tournament: 2007 (Q4 2006)

Unconfirmed PS3 Titles Coming Q4 2006:
-Peter Jackson's King Kong
-Splinter Cell: Double Agent
-Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Superman Returns

*note: all the "(Q4 2006)" titles are big possibles, but not confirmed launch titles.

only first party titles I know that are 100% confirmed. I might be missing 1 or two.
as for 3rd party, Its really iffy because theres alot of announced titles, but nobody is saying anything about launch, they mostly just tell you its coming out Q4 of 2006.

edit: btw, Heavenly Sword is a 2007 title. Not sure when in 2007 though.
This might be helpful, IGN has a list of 19 november 17th titles on the page already, not sure how true they are though. (they are missing motorstom and EOJ which are confirmed launch titles)
http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.ht...attribute=game.us_release_date&sort.order=asc

edit: I'll keep editing the list

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if history repeats itself a good portion will be pushed back from a few months to possibly when its done status. Xbox 360 had its fair share of games that got pushed back. Some like GRAW and Oblivion being two great examples that were rumored to be possible launch day shows but decided to give themselves a little more time. IMO they were definately worth the few months wait. :) IIRC I think Crackdown, Saintsrow, and Deadrising were also at one point possible launch window titles but were pushed back as well?

Edit: Eye of Judgment? Doesnt ring a bell need to go investigate that one.

jpr27 said:
Well if history repeats itself a good portion will be pushed back from a few months to possibly when its done status.
well i dunno, those first party titles seem very confident in making launch, all the dev interviews i have listened to, they are more on the lines of "we will release with the ps3, we are a launch title", rather than "we are planning to make the launch"

Lair is a first party title rumored to hit launch but I havent heard any confirmations.

As for 3rd party, im sure a couple might get pushed back. Medal of Honor:AA was one of them I beleive.
jpr27 said:
Edit: Eye of Judgment? Doesnt ring a bell need to go investigate that one.
The card based eyetoy game.

Makes me remember another eyetoy game, I forgot singstar, edited to list.

Add Untold Legends and Ridge Racer 7 to the list. Sonic the Hedgehog may make the launch too since it's target release is Q4, 2006.

Bad_Boy said:
-Motorstorm
-Eye of Judgement
-Fatal Intertia
-Resistence: Fall of man
-WarHawk
-Singstar

only first party titles I know that are 100% confirmed. I might be missing 1 or two.
as for 3rd party, Its really iffy because theres alot of announced titles, but nobody is saying anything about launch, they mostly just tell you its coming out Q4 of 2006.

edit: btw, Heavenly Sword is a 2007 title. Not sure when in 2007 though.
This might be helpful, IGN has a list of 19 november 17th titles on the page already, not sure how true they are though. (they are missing motorstom and EOJ which are confirmed launch titles)
http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.ht...attribute=game.us_release_date&sort.order=asc
That doesnt sound like the launch line up I was expecting :???:

Archgamer said:
Add Untold Legends and Ridge Racer 7 to the list. Sonic the Hedgehog may make the launch too since it's target release is Q4, 2006.
Thanks.

About sonic, thats kinda what i meant. Alot of 3rd games are saying saying Q4 2006 insead of launch title, so it's kinda hard to tell if its 100% confirmed to be at launch.

Nesh said:
That doesnt sound like the launch line up I was expecting :???:
what were you expecting?

Even from just that list, there's enough for me to keep me happy two or three months.
I'd be completely satisfied with Resistance and Warhawk for the first two months.
It's just better imo personally imo imo that there's just two or three good games I can really play concentrated during the PS3 honeymoons.
Of course, the more diverse the launch lineup, the better, but does a launch really need a huge selection og titles inside same genre. A one good game of racing, fps, fighting, adventure... should be enough.

Choice is always not just good, it also creates confusion and chaos and end of world!
I like it when I go to my gameshop to pick up my first PS3 games if I don't have to spend too much time pondering should I buy RR7 or BurnOut:Mercy! but end up buying Need For Speed:Most Welcome! and realize when I put it in my PS3 that I shoul have bought either RR or BO because NFS was mediocre at best.

I think there will still be quite a few additions to that list, some sports titles wouldn't hurt those who like them (obviously).

Bad_Boy said:
Thanks.

About sonic, thats kinda what i meant. Alot of 3rd games are saying saying Q4 2006 insead of launch title, so it's kinda hard to tell if its 100% confirmed to be at launch.

what were you expecting?
No prob. Now that Sonic, RR7, Motorstorm and others are added I think I am ok ;)

Nesh said:
No prob. Now that Sonic, RR7, Motorstorm and others are added I think I am ok ;)
Heh yeah, was pretty short at the start, I'm starting to do a little research and find alot of potential launch titles. I think there are over 30 titles in the list now, of course you can bet not every title in that list will make it on launch or maybe not even on the ps3, but there might be some surprises we dont know about. ;)

rabidrabbit said:
I think there will still be quite a few additions to that list, some sports titles wouldn't hurt those who like them (obviously).
I can only go so fast! lol, refresh the list bro. :D

Bad_Boy said:
Unconfirmed PS3 Titles Coming Q4 2006:

-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

You should have listed that under "Totally Baseless Rumors that Bethesda denied as recently as 2 weeks ago."

The PS3 is not getting Oblivion.

Powderkeg said:
You should have listed that under "Totally Baseless Rumors that Bethesda denied as recently as 2 weeks ago."

The PS3 is not getting Oblivion.
"At present we have no announced plans to bring Oblivion to any platforms other than PC or Xbox 360. We'll certainly let folks know if that changes," said a Bethesday representative.
Basically, while this "officially" puts the rumor to bed, it unofficially leaves the door open for a future announcement. Similar quotes can be heard from the Assassin's Creed Team, UT2k7's Tim Sweeney, Splinter Cell 4's team, etc. Nothing is set in stone my friend, like I said its unconfirmed, and it fits the catagory 100%.

The PS3 launch list is what has me kind of on the fence right now. I was almost assured to get the PS3 at launch at last years E3. (With or without the debates) Although there are a few games listed that are high on my (I want it now list). Right now as the launch stands just dont push me over the edge to get it now. The Xbox 360 also has some serious games to challenge the launch as well so again hmmmm. But then again we still have 6 months so my mind could be changed by then. Oh the waiting game. How I hate it :)

Added Lair, and UT2k7 to the list, the new June EGM has it listed as a Fall 2006 title.
They easily could be wrong on those as they have a FFVII remake listed as a actual game, so who knows. I'll play it safe and add those two to the list though.

IMO they have every section covered with their own studios so its looking really good.
Lair is probably a Q1/Q2´07 title from what i have reading.

According to SCEE CEO David Reeves, quite a few top-notch PlayStation 3 titles will not be making the launch date of November 17.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/19/major-ps3-titles-missing-launch-date/

* Singstar will be released "certainly before Christmas."
* An EyeToy game will be available after Christmas; "EyeToy is not playable at the moment, but it will come before March 2007."
* Heavenly Sword, Formula One, and Motorstorm will not come out until "after Christmas."
* Resistance: Fall of Man "will certainly be a launch title."

I think its rather good news in the sense that they are letting the developers polish their games, ie if motorstorm and HS needs a quarter more they will get it.
Setting high standards on their firstpartytitles is very important IMO.

Warhawk is my "must have title" at launch, good retro and i wish they will have the original unlockable! Not knowing how long the game have been in development it would be interesting to know if some has any info on that.

Former I-8 is more and more becoming a runner up for me, 60Fps combined with a semisureal world makes for a very interesting plot.

Back