Cod3 Ps3

The RSX wasn't really available but the Cell was. PS3 dev kits have had a better GPU than the RSX at least as far as features known ever since E3 2005

Please, keep the FUD out of this place ! ;)

What FUD? I thought it was known that the GPU they were using in the dev kits before the RSX release had more ROPs and a fatter memory bus than what is in the RSX as far as features known that would be a plus for the the 7800-7900 over the RSX. Didn't we go over this a month ago? What ever features the RSX has that would make it better than the G70 still seems to be unknown except from maybe FlexIO.

Last edited by a moderator:
What FUD? I thought it was known that the GPU they were using in the dev kits before the RSX release had more ROPS and a fatter memory bus than what is in the RSX as far as features known that would be a plus for the the 7800-7900 over the RSX. Didn't we go over this a month ago? What ever features the RSX has that would make it better than the G70 still seems to be unknown except from maybe FlexIO.

Correct and has been known for awhile now.

The RSX wasn't really available but the Cell was. PS3 dev kits have had a better GPU than the RSX at least as far as features known ever since E3 2005. Before then Devs probably used 6800s in SLI on a dev pc. Some of them especially companies that have games ready for day 1 of launch have had hardware as long as 360 devs have probably had beta kits.

However, I doubt that the Cell and the 'more powerful graphics cards' in that dev PC had anything like the high-speed bus connection between the Cell and RSX that the PS3 now has? That kind of change has a rather large impact on what you can (and want to) do on a system. And when the RSX did end up in the devkits, they were initially on a lower clock than they were in the final hardware ( even if that might have been a bit lower than expected, 80 rather than 130 more than the devkits, right?)

Just because they've had the kits for the same amount of time doesnt mean the same amount of time and effort were spent on the project by respective teams. Those arguing that COD3 on X360 doesn't have an advantage need to reflect on the situation in terms of Virtua Tennis 3 and use the arguements they presented in that thread agains themselves before furthering their point.

Just because they've had the kits for the same amount of time doesnt mean the same amount of time and effort were spent on the project by respective teams. Those arguing that COD3 on X360 doesn't have an advantage need to reflect on the situation in terms of Virtua Tennis 3 and use the arguements they presented in that thread agains themselves before furthering their point.

I agree

both systems will be more or less equal in graphics on multiplatform games and be "situation dependent".

Some games will look better on one and other games will look better on the other...

these machines are both waaay too close in ability... let's just get over it.

cudos to you, this is the exact situation

However some try to spin it, developers have had 360 final devkits for a much longer periode of time. Add to that the better tools Microsoft provides and the extra complexity of the PS3 architecture and you have your answer. :smile:
Regardless, I find COD3 very unappealing. It looks as if they used an old-gen engine, tweaked it and polished the graphics to death (well, not really given the textures imperfections :LOL: ). Some ambition for god's sake !

Here's an xbox360 in-game movie.http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12977&type=mov&pl=game

Not only it looks amasing(and certainly not like a tweaked old gen engine) but it kills resistance in both textures and effects.

What stands out for me in this game is the sound and the effects. It looks engaging but somehow can't really grab me. I don't really feel like battling WW2 for the 10th time.

I agree

both systems will be more or less equal in graphics on multiplatform games and be "situation dependent".

Some games will look better on one and other games will look better on the other...

these machines are both waaay too close in ability... let's just get over it.

Amen brother.

You mean the fact that COD2 and virtuat tennis 3 were both originally built with Nvidia Hardware in mind? You've just proved your argument wrong by making reference to that.

You mean the fact that COD2 and virtuat tennis 3 were both originally built with Nvidia Hardware in mind? You've just proved your argument wrong by making reference to that.
There is a complete 360 version of COD2 already, building COD3 on top of it is not exactly unexpected. If VT3 was originally built on the NVIDIA hardware and the PS3 can benefit from it, then COD3 should be like that on Xbox 360 too. What's wrong with that?

Back