Chronicles of Riddick gets a remake (x360/PS3)

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
Ask any hardcore Xbox fan to name a list of top first-person shooters and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay will appear pretty near the top. Rumours of a next-gen remake have been doing the rounds for a few months now, but today official confirmation has come from UK industry weekly MCV.

Original developer Starbreeze is said to be at the helm of the remake, with the game itself going by the title The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/18-05-2007-5512.html

cool!

brand-new online multiplayer

this will be interesting. Certainly this game had arguably the best graphics of all games last Gen. I look forward to what Starbreeze does with a sequel.

Cool, I rented it for the Xbox when it first came out and it is a quality game but I felt there was too much time spent armed only with the stungun. Hopefully that 40% new content will make for a lot more time with the weapons and mechs.

I wonder if they will release an expantion to the PC version? I had planned on buying it at some point to enjoy the game in high resolution, but it seems I'd be more pleased just waiting for the console versions at this point.

Aaah Riddick, 100% macho bullshit...
Just the way I like it! :LOL:
The original was pretty good game, but I would rather have a true sequel instead of the same old with few hours of extra gameplay.

Aaah Riddick, 100% macho bullshit...
Just the way I like it! :LOL:
The original was pretty good game, but I would rather have a true sequel instead of the same old with few hours of extra gameplay.

I guess if the remake is pretty successful, that'll encourage them to make a sequel for it :smile:

Chronicles of Riddick?

Remake?

Just a little extra content?

Sold. That's more than enough, I think, to get me to replay the game. Especially since I still don't think I can play CoR:EfBB on my 360 right now. And it'll be money better spent rather than on some mediocre title...

Which isn't to say I'm perfectly happy with this. I'd be 5900% more thrilled with a true sequel instead.

This was one of the best games last gen, amazing graphics coupled with some great gameplay, it can't be much better.

This would for sure be gigh up in mu pruchase list, depending on what other games are around at the time, that addition of 40% more SP gamming is great and the reason I am considering to get it...

Never got around to finishing the first one, but it certainly was an under-appreciated gem. Certainly offered something a little different.. the only thing I can really think of in comparison is Condemned to an extent.

I'm not sure what it is about Riddick - both the game and the two movies are not really high art but they are very enjoyable for what they are. Definitely more than most other action schlock out there.

Never actually saw the original game in motion but, as I understand things, it was one of the few games which was actually better than the movie it was franchised from!

May have to check the new game out.

I remember enjoying the first one immensely. With that said, it was long enough ago I don't remember much about the story other then it being entertaining. I'll be looking forward to this.

Back