Chronicles of Riddick.....on PS2!?!?!?

The problem is that Sony don't reject based on quality exactly.

They reject based on how mant games of type X they already have approved for the year, who is developing it, and how well the pitching party can make it sound different.

Publishers like Capcom have been burned by the politics of it all.

In regard to Riddick, it's one of those situations where the game could've either been a rush job for two platforms - where nothing remarkable comes out of the project - or a release optimized for one platform with just enough time to do it right.

it probably never made it through conept approval for PS2. Whenever a publisher says there's "no plan" to release a game on PS2, it's 90% because sony rejected the title
Doubtful. It's a game based on a heavily advertised movie, with a hugely popular action actor. They don't reject projects like that. From my experience, when someone say that 'at this time' 'there's no plans to release something', more often than not, it some kind of exclusivity contract someone paid for, that either expires after some months, or does not expire.

Doubtful. It's a game based on a heavily advertised movie, with a hugely popular action actor. They don't reject projects like that.

Sure they do. They rejected the Underworld game, and that was even a sony pictures property.

From my experience, when someone say that 'at this time' 'there's no plans to release something', more often than not, it some kind of exclusivity contract someone paid for, that either expires after some months, or does not expire.

..and from my experience whenever a developer says we're making this an xbox exclusive and MS isn't helping them push the title (which MS does for titles they pay for exclusivity), then they weren't paid by microsoft for it's exclusivity. They say it becuase they couldn't or had a conditional approval from Sony (with conditional approval being extra features or added content to justify a later release date than a xbox version.).

btw I didn't know you were working for a game company now... Is it a company I'd know of?

Back