Enemy Territories: Quake Wars Coming To X360?

Hardknock

Veteran
-Famed RTS maker Ensemble Studios (Age of Empires series) is hiring for an "Xbox Live" project. Could be the MMORPG it has in the early stages.

- Starbreeze Studios, longtime friends of Xbox with Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and the potential-packed 360 adaptation The Darkness, will be taking the reins on a hot first-person-shooter franchise that you'll be getting very familiar with later this year.

-Updating from a previous tip: The Mole can now confrim that the sick-looking mulitplayer shooter Enemy Territory: Quake Wars wil indeed be hitting 360.

-D3 Publishing has signed up developer Digital Extremes to bring Dark Sector to 360 Q3 2007.

-Valve Software pledges support to 360 for future game releases. So could a tricked-out (read: HDR-lighting enabled) Half-Life 2 + Episode One + Counter-Strike: Source bundle be in the offing? Perhaps, or maybe the multiplayer-oriented Team Fortress 2?

-Dungeon Explorer, the old-school four-player Gauntlet-style dungeon-crawler will be returning in next-gen form on 360.

COVER STORY: F.E.A.R.

Feedback from F.E.A.R. fans gave Vivendi plenty of opportunity to further refine the atmosphere and gameplay after last year's PC release, whittling down what didn't work and "dialing up the creep factor", while tweaking the combat tactics and weapons...Set to include a spanking-new Bonus Mission..."Instant Action" lets you drop into combat into many of the game's many ingeniuous enviornmental set-pieces, plus new ones, for stat-tracking + Achievements, to compare your prowess (or lack thereof) to other folks' via Leaderboards...The 360 version has multiplayer combat (supporting up to 16 players)...Long before the 360 version was announced, the editors were shown a very early build which ran at 30fps with A.I., physics, and particle effects intact - running on just one core..."To see F.E.A.R. running in HD at 720p in widescreen is just awesome!" developer.

In depth previews: Bioshock, Dead Rising, Phantasy Star Universe, Bomberman: Act Zero, Chromehounds, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

First details: Halo 3

+ Grand Theft Auto 4 will be landing on the 360 on October 16, 2007 (with exclusive episodic content on Live).

Reviews: FF XI Online 6.5
R* Games presents Table Tennis 8.0
Xmen - The Official Game 7.0

Thanks to RA.

Id seems to be throwing a lot of support behind the 360, this is great news if true!

Good news all around.

I wonder though, how many players are going to be supported by the 360 version of ET:QW?

Also, does anybody know who is working on the Marvel MMO? Could that be what Ensemble Studios is working on? I believe there using UE3 too.

It is the sucessor of sorts to a freeware multiplayer game that has some of the best team-based FPS gameplay ever.

And I bet it'll be on PS3 too.

Well, except for Carmack's fondness of 360. But even then.

That's what we should expect of most of this type of title, like UT2007 in the same catagory, they'll be on both eventually..

sonyps35 said:
And I bet it'll be on PS3 too.

Well, except for Carmack's fondness of 360. But even then.

That's what we should expect of most of this type of title, like UT2007 in the same catagory, they'll be on both eventually..

I don´t know..
Didn´t Carmack say that 360 was his lead plattform a time ago?

EndR said:
I don´t know..
Didn´t Carmack say that 360 was his lead plattform a time ago?
But Quake Wars isn't really Carmacks game, is it? The engine is, but wasn't the game by Splash Damage?

Rumour control, here are the facts: :p

- Thus far ETQW is a PC-only title. When asked about possible console versions at E3 both Splash Damage and id Software said they have no plans for a console version of the game.

- John Carmack using the xbox 360 as primary development platform (while the PC drivers get up to speed for the features he wants) does not mean xbox 360 exclusivity. He has gone on record saying he wants id's next, unannounced, game to be released on PC/PS3/Xbox360 simultaneously.

- Splash Damage is developing the game for (and with) id Software.

----

Nothing that can compare to a single anonymous source obviously. If it was bogus no one will remember it and if it turns out correct they will praise their great sources and investigative journalism (read: 50% chance of getting it right). It's the INQ factor. :neutral:

Hardknock said:
Long before the 360 version was announced, the editors were shown a very early build which ran at 30fps with A.I., physics, and particle effects intact - running on just one core..."To see F.E.A.R. running in HD at 720p in widescreen is just awesome!" developer!

That whole quote is just ridiculous.

1) Since when was it not possible to see FEAR runnign in widesreen on a PC at 720P? Unless of course you factor in the fact that 720 p is actually a pretty low resolution on the PC and thus you more likely to see 1080p (strictly 1920x1200).

2) And as for running on 1 core, what is that supposed to prove? Just how CPU limited is the PC game anyway? What kind of CPU (assuming no GPU limitations - lets say quad SLI) do you need to achieve the "awsome" figure of 30fps? A 1Ghz Thunderbird?

My XP 2400+, 512MB PC2100 RAM, and 9800 Pro utterly struggled with the FEAR demo. In fact, it was so bad, I was better off UPPING the graphical detail most of the time. At least then the stuttering and frame rate were consistent (and certainly not at 30+!).:LOL:

Edit: VVV and when I say "upping," I mean going above min/lower settings at 800x600. Though I don't remember what I used at any time. I don't think I tried High at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
TurnDragoZeroV2G said:
My XP 2400+, 512MB PC2100 RAM, and 9800 Pro utterly struggled with the FEAR demo. In fact, it was so bad, I was better off UPPING the graphical detail most of the time. At least then the stuttering and frame rate were consistent (and certainly not at 30+!).:LOL:

Maybe there is something wrong with my rig, but I have a XP 3200+, 512MB RAM and a 9800 Pro AIW and the Fear demo brought my rig to it's knees with any of the high quality settings and at close to 720p res :(

pjbliverpool said:
2) And as for running on 1 core, what is that supposed to prove? Just how CPU limited is the PC game anyway? What kind of CPU (assuming no GPU limitations - lets say quad SLI) do you need to achieve the "awsome" figure of 30fps? A 1Ghz Thunderbird?

I guess you missed the context:

Long before the 360 version was announced, the editors were shown a very early build which ran at 30fps

This is all great news except for one thing. When the heck are we going to get a larger multiplayer count then 16? With Xbox 360 power and online capabilities I believe a 24 or 32 player shouldnt be out of the question. (Bandwidth permitting of course).

Another thing is Co-op online. I hope that games that involve squads or multiple teammates have 4 player Co-Op through the who game not just certain missions. I think Gears Of War will have Co-Op but limited to 2 player online. Wasnt it rumored to be a squad of 4 players when announced?

I think that MS and developers should make more use of the multiplayer whether Co-Op, CTF, etc. (Using GOW as an example ) Why cant I become one of the enemy creatures in Gears of War that gets to go after a buddy while he is playing through the campaign? These are but a few scenerios that would be great to have in a Live capable game. Fragging a friend online would only be that much more enjoyable :)

jpr27 said:
This is all great news except for one thing. When the heck are we going to get a larger multiplayer count then 16? With Xbox 360 power and online capabilities I believe a 24 or 32 player shouldnt be out of the question. (Bandwidth permitting of course).

Well, if ETQW is eventually ported then you'll be happy to know the PC game supports up to 64 players (even though they recommend 24-32 players you can go higher if you happen to like chaotic gameplay).

Back