Call Of Duty 3 - Reviews

I'm not too impressed with CoD3. While that image posted earlier with the rays if light coming through the clouds looks good in a screenshot, it looks very unnatural in the game. One moment the rays aren't there, then if you take a step forward they immediately appear. It feels gimmicky. In fact, the game basically just feels like it needs more polish. Lots of clipping issues, AI getting "stuck", running in mid air, etc.

CoD2 was much more polished and is an overall better game in my opinion.

Just curious, are you playing the PS3 version as that got lower graphics scores and had slow down at 30fps (as noted earlier in this thread). My impressions were based off the 360 (60fps)

CoD2 was more polished I agree, but didn't try to do NEARLY as much as this one does.

Last edited by a moderator:
360 version. The frame rate is fine. It's just that Treyarch clearly spent all of their time on graphics, and even then there are graphical glitches that kill the immersion (like the sunlight through the clouds). Aside from graphics, I don't see how this game does anything more than CoD2. I even think CoD2's smoke was better (thicker), but I haven't done a side-by-side comparison.

The game does look nice, but it's really the lack of polish that annoys me more than anything.

Back