Busy Busy Busy

Deano Calver

Newcomer
Haven't had much of a chance to write anything as life as hit a crazy route at the moment.

Basically in the last couple of months, Eclipse went bust, I started a job at Computer Artworks last month, that hasn't worked out (nice people and some cool games, but it just wasn't working), so I'm starting another job at Climax Solent next month.

Even for the fast pace of the game business going through 3 jobs in as many months is a bit extreme. Heres hoping that Climax works out well and I can get some quality games out the door...

I've just sent the samples for Vertex Decompression using Vertex Shaders Part 2 for ShaderX2 to Wolf (the editor), so the book should be out in a couple of months.

Doing samples for books is always difficult,
A) Easy to read. An articles is allows a much more abstract thing, when commenting the code you have to explain the nitty gritty.
B) Bugs, usually I write the articles and samples interleaved (I.e. I write a sample, then write about it, then modify the samples). Unfortanately this means that sometimes you haven't quite tested in code everything you've written about (thought of something while writing) or you've forgot to mention something key in the article.

I've got to go through the samples for the deferred shader article thats going up on Beyond3D to make sure it all matches this weekend.... I did most of the research before I wrote the article, so there shouldn't be too many errors (except half use a earlier less capable light model, but I'm not going to correct that I think). I also going to try and get them working on a GeforceFX (I've been too busy to really try, even though I've had one for a while).

Back