Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360) Pics

scooby_dooby said:
Sorry there's no way I can believe that was a serius comment about the sparks, you were serious? Are you kidding me?
Sparks is a long running joke that the PS2 version of Burnout is superior to the Xbox's because they look better (GAF origin maybe?). I thought he was joking anyway. Then he clarified he wasn't, but still, valid query when he posted the fear picture.

PG2G said:
Actually, I didn't make the connection to the whole PS2/Xbox Burnout spark issue until you brought it up. I figured it was a genuine complaint :p I'm at work so I can't see the pics though.

I didn't even think there was a connection either until scooby brought it up. I accept the apology and all scoob, but come on man your killing me by feeding the dogs (you know who they are).

I think overall the game look good. Especially since it's probably going to be 60 fps and have great destruction. But what seperates this game from what Sega is doing with Full Auto?

With Creition I was expecting more out of dem boys. They always came correct when it came time to make a game. Now it seems like EA is working to closely with them. It seems to me like EA wants this game to mirror NFS:MW too much. I don't know about you guys but I think Most Wanted and Revenge look too close for my comfort.

The lighting looks damn near the same. I guess at the end of the day I was expecting a team like Creition to make the X360 look like a King rather than a Prince. There are certain development teams that you expect (even before you see the game) for it to look absolutely great. To me personnally and I'm being honest as possible, I think Full Auto looks close to maybe looking a tad but better than BO: R for the 360.

Honestly do you think Full Auto can't take Burnout Revenge in the graphics department?

A couple of pictures for a good reference.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5

Yes. Here and at GAF, he has.

Most of his topics on X360 games either start of with "What do you think?" or if a game is clearly one extreme, his opinion. Ie. Gears of War (fucking amazing!) or FrameCityKiller (wtf Namco?).

His posting habits in this console game section should be applauded. But instead insecure people are badmouthing him here.

Oh please he's a known Sony f@nboy that has no intentions of ever touching anything Xbox. Applauded my ass, applaud people that are truly unbiased and not swallowing company PR left and right and putting down great games like FN 3 on 360 that he hasn't even played.

As for your topics. You do post some anti-PS3 topics, but more importantly, you put your pro-360 slant on every Xbox360 topic you post in either the title or the first post.

See here's the thing, I don't fake the funk. I am pro-Xbox, I won't deny that. The difference between me and a f@nboy is I OWNED EVERY SYSTEM THIS GEN BEFORE MAKING THAT DECISION. I didn't come to that decision because of some silly brand loyalty. I've actually experienced each system thoroughly before coming to that conclusion. But hey I can't say I'm surprised at who's come to his defense. Birds of a feather flock together I guess.

This is going down hill fast. i'm surprised this isnt locked yet.

mckmas8808, you are the model gamer as you share in the gaming goodness on all sides no matter your preference.

looks good to me.

With respect to sparks, I guess no one remembers the sparks from using the assault rifle on a metal surface in Halo:CE? Those were nice. ;)

This is turning into a "GAF episode"....
The game looks "ok"...but on the sparks subject..it looks like they are using the same technique for the 360 version as their ps2/xbox counterparts.
Just my 2

It doesn't look very impressive, but only because I would expect even more from the Xbox 360. That said, I don't think this is a game that can be appreciated by looking at static images (and analyzing static sparks? lol). I think the real advancement possible in this game franchise lies in the motion, the physics. Anyone who has played and enjoyed these games will know it is about a feeling of speed and appreciation for metal-on-metal contact, not to mention the absolute destruction of hitting concrete :smile:.

Lately I have been looking at games very differently. I used to really enjoy the static elements of them, but the more I look the more I realize it's all about the motion. Even Pac-Man looks better when it moves smoothly and when you deal with realistic figures, like humans or cars, you really get immersion when you have nice fluidity. It's like the whole image pops even though the static detail is the same, suddenly it's alive and you stop looking at these ridiculous details in a static sense and all you want is for things to behave "correctly". Let's see if the Xbox 360 can make this game "feel" great instead of worrying about how screenshots look before passing judgment.

Nicked said:
And whats with the hate for mckmas8808 in this thread? He may be a little biased but he admits it and he genuinely likes good games (maybe he posts so many X360 threads because hes interested?). Compared to those bitching at him he is a shining example of an unbiased system warrior. :p
Sorry if my comment stirred up a hornets nest here. :( It was really just a "note to self" sort of thing, probably something I shouldn't have even posted in public. People have their own preferences, and I have no problem with that... I certainly have my own. It helps to know the motivations behind someone's preferences though, and mcmas8808's statement shed some light, for me, on what those motivations may be.

I don't fault him for that... it's just a bit of extra knowledge to help me better filter posts here. And filters aren't a bad thing... they just help sort things into categories, and it's up to me what to do with these categories afterwards.

I understand Bigus what your saying, but how does that apply to my post about Burnout Revenge? To my knowledge the PS3 is probably going to get this game too right? So, I just don't see how owning Playstation products has to cue my view of this game.

But you seem sincere so no hard feelings. I just don't see why I should be forced to buy every videogame system just so people can take me seriously. :|

mckmas8808 said:
I understand Bigus what your saying, but how does that apply to my post about Burnout Revenge? To my knowledge the PS3 is probably going to get this game too right? So, I just don't see how owning Playstation products has to cue my view of this game.

But you seem sincere so no hard feelings. I just don't see why I should be forced to buy every videogame system just so people can take me seriously. :|

You often have a slanted tone and it's not hard to get the impression that you have an agenda simply because your type of posts is often very predictable. I came into this thread thinking "oh god, this is going to be a 'Burnout Revenge screens for 360; this means Motorstorm is real!'", I've noticed that kind of pattern in your posts, but that's just my opinion of course.

I don't post much so I'm not a wellknown superstar of these forums and I usually try to throw something in when I have something to contribute so it saddens me that I have to shit up this forum with things like this... but I really, really don't enjoy your posts and I just have to get it out once and for all. If you're just going to post opinions and weird speculations, please stick to GAF why do it here? If you want to learn, just stick to reading until you have a solid understanding of the basic concepts of whatever you want to talk about. And this last part goes out to a lot of other newish posters: Please, please, please let us try to preserve this place as a worthwhile forum where you can read about technology without any type of war-mongering going on, so take a minute and think about what you're going to post. There's no reason to defend/attack defend something in what essentially boils down to the spectacular rhetoric of "nu-uh"/"yuh-uh", except with a lot more words and misunderstood concepts/statements thrown in. Just turn the other cheek and think "What would Johnny post?" :D

mods: feel free to delete this if you want, I won't complain, I just needed to have a Dr. Phil-moment here.

Thanks Johnny_P. So out of 3800 or so post you don't like any of them? :cry:

I'm sure if you lurk more often some of my post will make you proud.

I think you made a joke one time that was kind of funny but... Otherwise, no, not really. :)
I spend an hour or two here almost every day, reading, and I have done so for several years so I have done my fair share of lurking. It's a morning routine now, coffee, smokes, Beyond3D. It's just that I don't post, often because I have nothing to significant to contribute, other times it's because I have something significant to contribute but won't post it because it would without a doubt be misinterpreted and spread around the net and I'm certain that there are others that feel the same way. Posting about stuff like that around here isn't about sharing information and learning anymore, it's now used as quotable 'proof' that something is better or worse than something else without actually understanding what the person actually said or why he/she said it.

I don't mean anything harmful, I just like this place and I want to keep it nice and boring, just the way I like it. I don't think you're as biased as some other people think you are, I really don't think you're very biased at all in the ordinary way, it's just very obvious who you're cheering on and it happens a bit too often that you fail to question certain things in your eagerness to belive in something. But technology is not powered by belief and this is a tech-forum, so it's really not needed to belive in something.

I'm sure I would have liked you on another forum, you seem like a nice and honest guy.

PS2 Burnout have better sparks because GS eDram have more bandwidth than nv2A. Xenos eDram should managed better sparks than those. Criterion have in their hands 5X more bandwidth than PS2. The textures and models are upgaded but not the sparks, is it because of tiling and MSAA that Xenos bandwidth is limited for other usages?

This topic is ultra funny, first we have a ****** war, and then we have a debate about sparks, first off people when i am playing Burnout i have no F N time to pay attention to sparks i am more concern with not crashing and crashing depending on what i am doing, sheesh i have to say though i like BO3 more than Revenge.

deathstar121 said:
This topic is ultra funny, first we have a ****** war, and then we have a debate about sparks, first off people when i am playing Burnout i have no F N time to pay attention to sparks i am more concern with not crashing and crashing depending on what i am doing, sheesh i have to say though i like BO3 more than Revenge.

It's not bad to talk about the sparks in this game. What would be wrong is to make the whole game sound as if it's bad because the sparks aren't up to par. I mean what's the problem with disscussing sparks? They are apart of the whole graphical package.

Back