Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360) Pics

Happy? Kinda...

Will X360 games ever get good shadows? Really, the lighting is so flat it hurts my eyes. Like most other X360 games. It's not like the hardware isn't capable for god's sake!!

Hating how developers are just rushing to get their games out there for a quick cash-in on the early adopters...

london-boy said:
Happy? Kinda...

Will X360 games ever get good shadows? Really, the lighting is so flat it hurts my eyes. Like most other X360 games. It's not like the hardware isn't capable for god's sake!!

Hating how developers are just rushing to get their games out there for a quick cash-in on the early adopters...

It is just an EA port of their Xbox/PS2 game. Not something I would expect to push the hardware.

Powderkeg said:
It is just an EA port of their Xbox/PS2 game. Not something I would expect to push the hardware.

EA's NBA Live was a port, yet it managed to look a little better than this.

Powderkeg said:

I know, which is why i said i'm hating it how the devs are just pushing Xbox games running at a higher res on X360. Seeing and predicting what the hardware can actually do, it's a disgrace.

The tire models are really nice.

However the scenery is pedestrian. Though fragmenting of the damaged cars is nice. Would like to see the game in motion.

not impressive at all, i was expecting much more from criterion, at least PGR3 quality graphics with that kind of colisions.

These pics remind me of the original Carmaggeddon for some reason (except the cars aren't as big as dumptrucks, and there aren't any pedestrians to run over of course. :p)... Must be the uber blocky terrain!

Seriously tho. I guess this game looks OK. If it plays fast and well, who cares the gfx is a bit primitive. The main thing here however is the framerate. If it isn't smooth and solid 60fps, but rather 30fps with dips below that, then it matters. It's OK if the game looks a bit primitive as long as screen updates don't sag.

The wheels looks cool, and the pavement, you can see a nice upgrade in the vehicle models, Other than that it's pretty crappy. It'll still look good i'm sure, but not next gen,

Well I guess that's some lame dig, trying to suggest that the x360 is to PS3, as ps2 was to xbox.

You're going to be dissapointed if you expect that kind of graphical leap between these two systems. They are closer in specs than any 2 consoles have ever been in the history of gaming... but whatever floats your boat....

scooby_dooby said:
Well I guess that's some lame dig, trying to suggest that the x360 is to PS3, as ps2 was to xbox.

You're going to be dissapointed if you expect that kind of graphical leap between these two systems. They are closer in specs than any 2 consoles have ever been in the history of gaming... but whatever floats your boat....

Please STOP IT!! Everything is not XBox 360 vs. PS3. I'm not your enemy here scooby. Just because I'm buying a PS3, have a PS2, a PSone, and PSP doesn't mean that I will hate everything on the Xbox 360.

So I've said it for you and every other Xbox fanboii to see. I'm not your freaking enemy!

Check my post history homey, you will see I like some 360 games. And some 360 games I've shown my love for to everyone here.

I'll say it once to all you Xbox fanboiis, I'm not your enemy! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
So why the hell are we talking about sparks then?

we all know burnout on PS2 had better 'sparks' and was held up as one of the only examples of a PS2 game looking better than xbox, so it's an obvious sarcastic dig, don't act so holy over there...

Do I expect better sparks? who the f*** cares about sparks? I'm expecting better everything, especially higher polygon models, less jaggies, and less flat muddies textures...sparks? not really too concerned about those..

Bigus Dickus said:
Oh, I didn't know that. Puts a lot of your previous posts into perspective.

Yes, pretty sad isn't it? ;)

One thing that irks me is how he posts Xbox 360 topics to somehow try and prove he's not biased, when we all know he is. it's hilarious.

So you can now destroy other cars so that they explode, that hasn't been in previous BO games yet, has it?
Should be a fun title as ever, it's Burnout after all and running on a more powerful hardware can't be but a good thing.
While graphically, from the screenshots it doesn't look that next gen, more like just a high resolution upgrade (didn't the PR pics for this gen BO's look just as good already), and because the BO's already have ran at full 60fps, it should be certain this will too, the major improvements shouldbe visible in view distance, damage modelling and maybe physics.
Should be a good solid fun title worth buying unless you've just bought a Burnout game for this gen machine.

Back