Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360) Pics

Hardknock said:
Yes, pretty sad isn't it? ;)

One thing that irks me is how he posts Xbox 360 topics to somehow try and prove he's not biased, when we all know he is. it's hilarious.

At least he's making the effort to be open to the platform. I haven't seen many posts where known 360 fanbois at least acknowledged something for the PS3 other than saying "it's not realtime..."

Guys, isn't this about the Burnout game for xbox360, not about attacking someone you think might be a yobnaf.
Everyone's entitlet to their opinion, and if he's not overly enthusiastic about the sparks, then let him be, you can praise the sparks to balance the issue then :)

Hardknock said:
Yes, pretty sad isn't it? ;)

One thing that irks me is how he posts Xbox 360 topics to somehow try and prove he's not biased, when we all know he is. it's hilarious.

That's bullshit for real. That sad as hell that I have to go out and purchase a damn Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy SP just to look like I'm none biased?

You and scooby are acting like twisted fan boys. I think it's sad that I can't make a partial negative post about a game that will be on the 360 AND PS3, yet I'm being called out as the fucking fan boy. That's bullshit and you both know it.

3roxor said:
I think it looks rather nice. This game looks like what you would expect from your average 360 game.

Totally. It only makes sense that a 1st generation 360 game, that is an xbox port, and never designed for final hardware, would be indicitive of your average 360 game.

mckmas8808 said:
That's bullshit for real. That sad as hell that I have to go out and purchase a damn Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy SP just to look like I'm none biased?

You and scooby are acting like twisted fan boys. I think it's sad that I can't make a partial negative post about a game that will be on the 360 AND PS3, yet I'm being called out as the fucking fan boy. That's bullshit and you both know it.

lol, you just need to take respnsibility for your dumb-ass 'joke'

Hardknock said:
It's called "stealth" trolling drpepper. He's already stated he'll never buy a 360 no matter how many good games it gets. He'll only by Playstation.

As far as Burnout, I agree I would like to see this in motion before giving my full opinion, but I particular like this shot:

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1300/full-res/1136815189.jpg

Stealth trolling my ass. The mods really need to calm you down with a week off. Lately you have been showing true signs of a fan guy for real. I'm in a no win situation with you. It's...

1. I post something postive about the Xbox 360 and I'm considered faking my feelings for the games just to make it look like I'm non-biased.

BUT

2. If I posted something that I don't like about a Xbox 360 game it's, "Oh yeah he only buys Playstation he's teh trolls cry cry cry.

Yous guys sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know one thing... since EA bought Criterion,
NEED for Speed MW looks to much like burnout .. or vice versa

BO sparks look better than F.E.A.R sparks.
There's little wrong in Burnout sparks, to be honest I'm not sure whether the more sparky glowing sparks of PS2 version of BO were better looking than the more "not so in your face" sparks of the xbox version, they looked different but I'm not sure I think either is better than the other... you could say the xb sparks looked more high res or liney and PS2 sparks looked more fiery or blurry..........

mckmas8808 said:
What joke? I was serious.

I was expecting sparks to look like F.E.A.R.

I agree the sparks do look better in Fear, they are brighter with more contrast (even considering the darker environment), smaller and their are more of them.

I don't see what mckmas8808 said that's so offensive.

FROM GAMESPOT BO REVENGE HANDS-ON:

...First, the game is enjoying a substantial upgrade in the graphics department. Where Burnout Revenge for the Xbox and PlayStation 2 had relatively grainy textures and dull-looking car models by comparison, everything has been given a new coat of paint in the 360 version of Revenge. The car models look slick with sexy paint jobs and sheen effects that are evocative of those found in Project Gotham Racing 3. According to Revenge producers, the car models have been rebuilt to take advantage of the 360's power. Part of this rebuilding process was to add better damage modeling, including location-specific damage effects. Rub the right side of your ride against a cement wall, for example, and that side will be ripped up accordingly.

What really floored us about Revenge's visuals, however, were the environments and the explosions. Sure, tracks looked fine in Revenge on the Xbox and PS2, but here they look amazing. Rich clarity and depth in the mountain track we played, coupled with some impressive draw distances, really lent a sense of space and breadth to the environments, even if it was basically the same track we'd played many times in the older version of the game. And speaking of tracks, producers told us that 10 new crash junctions will be added to the 360 version of Revenge, along with some new cars, including a Dolby-themed whip that might just give the Madden truck a run for its money.

While it's fun to stare at the pretty environments in Revenge, what you really want to do is barrel you car into them at speeds well exceeding 100mph. In Revenge for the 360, doing so will result in explosions that are far more effective than anything found in the PS2 or Xbox version of the game. Instead of the vaguely translucent flames in the old version of the game, incendiary explosions in Revenge for the 360 leave little to the imagination--with rolling flames and thick swabs of black smoke emanating from the smoking husk of your car...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/burnoutrevenge/news.html?sid=6141931&mode=previews

Hardknock said:
As far as Burnout, I agree I would like to see this in motion before giving my full opinion, but I particular like this shot:

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1...1136815189.jpg

What make me happy to this picture is that it looks like they reach the XNA crash demo we was talking before 1-2 months.
http://www.microsoft.com/xna/multimedia.aspx

and one more screen from the game.
10sf1.jpg

Uncalled for...

I think it looks great personally :-?

And whats with the hate for mckmas8808 in this thread? He may be a little biased but he admits it and he genuinely likes good games (maybe he posts so many X360 threads because hes interested?). Compared to those bitching at him he is a shining example of an unbiased system warrior. :p

Doesn't look next gen of course, but it's not too bad either. One thing I think they could easily do is perhaps up the number of cars onscreen at once. That'd really up the mayhem of the game and I think the power of the 360 could be used to increase the fun factor (more cars = more challenge and more spectacle) with what I believe to be relatively minor coding changes.

Well, if these screenshots are accurate, at least they seem to be using anisotropic filtering. The game looks fine to me.

mckmas8808 said:

Hi Mr. Kettle. My name is Mr. pot.

I believe you've been calling me black....

Nicked said:
And whats with the hate for mckmas8808 in this thread? He may be a little biased but he admits it and he genuinely likes good games (maybe he posts so many X360 threads because hes interested?). Compared to those bitching at him he is a shining example of an unbiased system warrior. :p

Uhhh, that's the problem. He doesn't admit he's biased at all, me and other posters see right through him. I prefer Xbox, do you see me making countless PS3 threads to put my spin on information? He's stated that he'll never buy a 360 no matter how many good games it gets. That is the very definition of a f@nboy and it's sad.

Hardknock said:
Uhhh, that's the problem. He doesn't admit he's biased at all,
Yes. Here and at GAF, he has.

Most of his topics on X360 games either start of with "What do you think?" or if a game is clearly one extreme, his opinion. Ie. Gears of War (fucking amazing!) or FrameCityKiller (wtf Namco?).

His posting habits in this console game section should be applauded. But instead insecure people are badmouthing him here.

As for your topics. You do post some anti-PS3 topics, but more importantly, you put your pro-360 slant on every Xbox360 topic you post in either the title or the first post.

Sorry there's no way I can believe that was a serius comment about the sparks, you were serious? Are you kidding me?

I guess you took Tema's trolling as a legitimate staement? He was trolling by saying the edram in the 360 will only be good for cool 'sparks' but not much more.

I just figured you were joining in on the troll action, even now I'm having a real hard time believe you didn't realize what was going on there...

Actually, I didn't make the connection to the whole PS2/Xbox Burnout spark issue until you brought it up. I figured it was a genuine complaint :p I'm at work so I can't see the pics though.

Back