Burnout 5

Those have to be the most horrible posts I have ever submitted to B3D. My condolences to all who read them :oops: My excuse? Vysez's whip and meager sleep.

Btw, the car crash sample is drooool worthy. When I see it my brain says, "No way they have more than 4 cars do that at a time". I truly hope to be shocked! Burnout has been a technically leading edge series, so I expect big things.

Some of the images..
107929-10-1.jpg

107929-11-1.jpg

107929-12-1.jpg

107929-13-1.jpg

107929-14-1.jpg

107929-15-1.jpg

Sorry for double post...few more images..

107929-9-1.jpg

107929-3-1.jpg

107929-4-1.jpg

107929-5-1.jpg

107929-6-1.jpg

107929-7-1.jpg

I think it goes without saying this game needs to be seen in motion to get the "full effect".

Looks good enough for me. I haven't really played Burnout games after the second one, but I'm looking forward playing this one.

I haven't really played Burnout games after the second one.

It got worse with every iteration.

Pictures look nice, but I'd like to see them in 720p. That small pictures can hide any sort of graphical flaws (and some great detail as well).

It got worse with every iteration.

Uhhh.... well.... I quite enjoyed every version of Burnout. :oops:

This one would have to be seen in motion.

I have faith Criterion will do great things with this for both PS3 and 360. Even Revenge looked very nice, perhaps not 'real' next gen... but at a solid framerate unlike some other *cough* NFS:MW *cough* NFS:C games in the same genre.

I have faith Criterion will do great things with this for both PS3 and 360. Even Revenge looked very nice, perhaps not 'real' next gen... but at a solid framerate unlike some other *cough* NFS:MW *cough* NFS:C games in the same genre.

yep

I must say I liked "3" much better than "revenge" though. Hopefully the devs refocus this game. Looking very nice from what I've seen though.

Not 1080p either! :devilish:

And it is not 24bit!

I absolutely loved the GameCube version of Burnout 2... not enough to seriously try and complete it but it was one of those games you could pick up and play for a 20 mins and come back to a few days later.

Takedown Burnout 5 may find release on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, but for the Criterion team, the PS3 version will be a huge focus. While Ward did say that it was simply too early to be able to accurately predict exactly what would be in either release, he noted that the team is attacking the PS3 with the same fervency they did the PS2-one hell of a lot. 1080p over HDMI, for instance, just isn't possible on the 360 at this point, although it's a foregone conclusion on the PS3. The PS3's Sixaxis controller will provide additional control options the 360's doesn't have. Plus, the PS3's advanced processing capabilities make it particularly suited to the physics-intensive crashes that are going to be taking place. And, boy oh boy, will those be some spectacular crashes. The new physics engine Criterion has implemented will allow fracturing of cars into 80 different parts, a massive leap from the 12 destructive components of Burnout Revenge's vehicles. You'll be able to shear roofs off of rides, shred doors and windows, and even tear entire cars in half during takedowns and crashes. The visuals are only half of the action, however; a huge amount of work has also been put into the audio, which has been beefed up to react dynamically with the intricacies of every crash. A devoted process will track the movements of each element in a crash sequence and assign sounds to match the visual proceedings. Thus, instead of the bland, regurgitated sound effects of previous titles, Burnout 5's audio will, figuratively and literally, blow its predecessors away.
:D

1080p over HDMI, for instance, just isn't possible on the 360 at this point, although it's a foregone conclusion on the PS3

:LOL:

Good stuff.

Yay for the advanced audio though. Hopefully they can muster this ability out of the xb360.

Gamepro said:
Plus, the PS3's advanced processing capabilities make it particularly suited to the physics-intensive crashes that are going to be taking place.

Good to know that the CELL is going to get a workout.

1080p over HDMI, for instance, just isn't possible on the 360 at this point, although it's a foregone conclusion on the PS3
Yeah, and 1080p over VGA just isn't possible on the PS3 at this point either, but they could target that option on the 360 if they choose to. :rolleyes:

Back