Burnout 5

This is information about Burnout 5. From GAF.

"If you couldn't make a great game on the PS2, you can't make a good game on the PS3. - Alex Ward"

"We know the audience is expecting a leap and we don't want to disappoint our audience. If, the first time you see the cars wreck [in Burnout 5], you don't think, 'That's what I bought a PS3 for; the next gen is here,'- if you think, 'Eh, its a little better,' or, 'it did that last time,'- we haven't gotten there yet. So that's why the first thing we have to nail is the crashing."

"Cell has lifted those limitations, and the two areas that win - audio and physics. And, in particular, our own brand of how we use them."

- Alex said the 2 games that really made him interested in making an open world game are NFS Most Wanted and Mercenaries.

- The games city will be fantasy but similar to GTA where different areas are based on a certain city. So the mountains are based on mountrains from Montana, the downtown area is based on NY, and the docks are from Shanghai.

- Chain boosting from Burnout 2 is back.

- There will be driving offenses where there's a certain goal attached to each car (10 per car). One where you might need to traval at high speed for 10 miles in opposite direction traffic. There will also be location specific violations.

- There will be 34 different rivals.

- They seem like they're going to go for the TDU route where the offline and online components are very similar.

- You can now initiate crash mode at anytime or any place. There's also no longer a time limit, you just press a button and for as long as crashes are still piling up the mode will stay on. Crash modifiers are being brought back. Those will be attached to specific cars though. And there will be 50 crash spots through the game.

- The entire world is open from the start.

- They want to make online more personal and instead of having it just be about who's number 1 (largely because they admit they get their ass kicked in BO360). One way they're doing that is a marking feature where you can mark an opponent and if you succeed you'll get a snapshot of your opponent mid crash.

- To give everyone a fighting chance they're adding a thing called Dirty Tricks where you're able to tag your opponent with a certain vehicle flaw. Such as handeling, brakes or to lock your boost as always being on.

This is what Burnout 5 crashes will look like. Yes this is real.
1dz1.gif

Real meaning from the game.

That's from the game? :oops:

The environments are a bit empty looking, but maybe that's the penalty of the "open world".
It'll be great if the PS3 and Cell will be capable of such physics and at that framerate though, but I do have my doubts.
That video must be CGI.

That's from the game? :oops:

The environments are a bit empty looking, but maybe that's the penalty of the "open world".
It'll be great if the PS3 and Cell will be capable of such physics and at that framerate though, but I do have my doubts.
That video must be CGI.

No they are just showing what the crashes will look like. They are using one of those empty rooms like when car companies crash their cars with dummies inside for test. But supposely that is what the game will look like.

No they are just showing what the crashes will look like. They are using one of those empty rooms like when car companies crash their cars with dummies inside for test. But supposely that is what the game will look like.
So that's game engine graphics in that .gif? I'm impressed by the shadow! The actual crash mechanics don't look right though. The hood buckles up, but the front of the car doesn't. The bend in the hood is happening over the same length of the bonnet, so in essence the hood is getting longer. And I'm not sure I like the dithering post-effect either...

open city??? please say you still have your "linear" races (only the right path is accessible) instead of something like a checkpoint-system. I dont care if the obstacles are realistic, I want a game that has insanely fast action focused on driving/drifting/crashing instead memorising routes.

Is it safe to say that the lead SKU on Burnout 5 is the PS3? This should be exciting--killer dev studio really pushing hard to "work with" the PS3s strengths. I cannot wait!

Kinda OT but, are you Acert93 with a name change? :LOL: Just making sure. ;)

Anyways, I think theres been a lot of hints of PS3 being the lead platform for B5, but I dunno if they came out and said it directly. But its nice to know they will be taking more use of the architecture than previous games from the sound of things.

nice to meet you... Joshua Luna... ;)

Thanks, although I hear you have been a bad, bad body ;) I wonder after 4,000 posts if anyone would notice the name change :LOL: I think it should be a rule: hit 4k posts, change your name heh. People kept thinking my name ment I like Certs (a cert... a small refreshing mouth breath) and the -93 ending, well, people thought it was the year of my cult initiation or whatnot. For those dieing to know, Acert93 is a football play (ace right 93). What Joshua Luna means is a secret you will have to discover on your own ;)

Edit: Hupf is gonna whack us for being offtopic, probably start a, "Gossipy gamers want to know: why the name change?" :p

Thanks, although I hear you have been a bad, bad body ;) I wonder after 4,000 posts if anyone would notice the name change :LOL: I think it should be a rule: hit 4k posts, change your name heh. People kept thinking my name ment I like Certs (a cert... a small refreshing mouth breath) and the -93 ending, well, people thought it was the year of my cult initiation or whatnot. For those dieing to know, Acert93 is a football play (ace right 93). What Joshua Luna means is a secret you will have to discover on your own ;)

Edit: Hupf is gonna whack us for being offtopic, probably start a, "Gossipy gamers want to know: why the name change?" :p
haha you sure are a funny guy Acer...I mean Joshua ;)
but yes, the mods are gonna get us.

Back to Burnout 5! :D
anybody have the ETA on this game? I can't wait to play it.

Back