Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

I think I found one last night that does something like 230 damage. Haven't used it yet, so I can't say how it handles. I don't use assault rifles much. When I'm not sniping, I tend to use SMGs and pistols.

If you want to join up, I'll drop it for you.

Nah, that's not necessary. But thanks anyway.

Something annoying just happened. The story skipped ahead, and not because I told it to.
From before sanctuary lifts off to after.
And now it's playing audio from things that happen in between those events. I've played most of that in co-op, but not all. I just hope nothing got broken in the game.

Caustic Cavern was brutal! Was level 20 when I entered...now I am level 23 after finishing the side missions...but I can assure you that I sweared a lot! Butt Stallion!!
Crazy, ha ha, in the beginning, I died like three times the first couple of meters before even really entering the area :D But now that I am level 23, the XP you get is really toned down by a factor of two at least..sad sad sad, I loved you Caustic Cavern, maybe see you later again...

-I have a 345 explosive Assault Rifle
- 5k Rocket Launcher
-Moxxi just gave me a great SMG after I tiped her money (first you get an achievement doing so, then she suddenly give me the gun)
-I found a crazy purple Shotgun that has an accuracy value of 97,3 and shoots eight bullets called Octa
-all my sniper rifles deal about 220 dmg + about 90 elemental effect.
-I also found a class mod that puts 2 skill points in my tree.
-I respected my tree. No I have only the stuff at the left in the sniper tree, pure critical damage dealer at the moment.
-I love those mirv grenades which splitt into smaller bomblet. Have 1000x7 version which helps...

They only thing where I am a little bit undrepowerd is my shield....need a better one!

The breakdown for Moxxi easter eggs is: achievement at $10K tips, Bad Touch SMG at $15K tips, Good Touch SMG at $20K tips.

The game is skipping ahead of me again. It doesn't even ask if I want to skip ahead, it just does it whenever I load up the game. Suddenly everything I did during someone else's co-op game is done in my game.

Anyone using the Love Thumper shield? It's great for melee. It does explosive roid damage whenever the shield is down. And it'll stay down for over 200 seconds. It makes melee much more effective, but does leave you quite vulnerable.

I have one of those shields, that and the Law pistol is supposed to be a great combo for a melee Zero, but I haven't tried them yet (and of course mine are fairly low level so by the time I spec up to get some melee powers those won't be much use anymore)

As far as skipping ahead goes, whenever I complete a mission it asks me if I want to skip or make available missions that I have already completed in somebody else's Co-op session.

I always choose to keep them available, are you not seeing that option or are you talking about something else?

It will sometimes ask if I want to skip what I've already done in co-op when I'm playing the game. I always say no, and I can replay the mission. However, if I quit the game and load it back up it skips ahead to where I ended my last co-op session. Never asking me if I wanted to skip ahead. I'm not sure but it might have even skipped past missions I've never done.

I have that Law pistol, it has a very nice 100% melee bonus.

Does anyone know if you can buy additional backpack space in playthrough 2? I'm feeling quite limited by the 27 slots I have now. It's certainly a lot less than the first Borderlands gave you.

Sounds like you need to sell some of your crap, or at least store it in the safe.

By the way, corrosive weapons are far and away the most effective, followed by fire and explosive (which are probably equal), followed by shock, and then slag, which is the weakest of all.

I am very thankful for my Tea Party pistol, corrosive splash damage. It's got a helluva zoom on it as well and a fast fire rate. Almost like a combo between a sniper and a smg but with corrosive splash damage.

I haven't come across a slag one yet and I've never been impressed with shock. Except maybe for New Haven with all the Crimson Lance guys with their huge shields.

Sounds like you need to sell some of your crap, or at least store it in the safe.

By the way, corrosive weapons are far and away the most effective, followed by fire and explosive (which are probably equal), followed by shock, and then slag, which is the weakest of all.

Yeah. I've just increased the size of my safe and sold off my old stuff it contained.

Slag makes enemies more vulnerable to other types of damage. It's good to start fights with and then switch to a different weapon.

I just found another awesome shield. It dropped from a named enemy. The shield offers little protection, but if it's depleted it jumps out like a grenade and does explosive damage. It does around 3000 damage and the shield is very fast to recharge, making it pop out very often.

Have the weapons been improved over the original in terms of variety and functionality? In the original, SMGs and rifles were so versatile that they were all you needed. Shotguns were completely useless and very boring. The elemental varieties are low grade so not very effective, and you couldn't tweak them to make them more useful; the scatter was always there. There was no way to get an SG that was good at range, and SMGs were just as good up close. Missiles fire too slowly and have splash damage making them no good up close, and they were gimped against the guardians. Pistols were just feeble versions of the SMGs and rifles. Snipers were cool, but the range of SMGs and rifles could do the same job often enough. The revolvers were fun as the elemental damage was enough that you could shoot and then hide while the enemy died.

There were a few rare interesting oddities in Borderlands, like the Carnage SGs that shot missiles, but they were few and far between. So is there better in Borderlands 2?

I have a shotgun that fires homing explosive buckshot. It just wrecks everything.

I'd say the weapons are very similar to BL, except it seems that useful ones are more readily available than before (either from loot or vendors). There are still a lot of average ones to sort through though.

The gun manufacturers all have their own thing now. Jakobs guns fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Hyperion guns become more accurate as you hold down the trigger. Tediore gun are thrown like grenades when reloaded. Ect.

There's also more variety in shields and grenades. I have grenade that flies towards nearby enemies, steals their health, splits into several smaller grenades, and does corrosive damage. There are all sorts of combinations like that.

I haven't found one all purpose gun in Borderlands 2. I'm switching weapon types far more often.

Enemy variety has also significantly improved over Borderlands.

I got a really great assault rifle that isn't an assault rifle at all. It functions like grenade launcher, but still holds 30 shots in it's clip. I can literally rain down corrosive destruction with it. Perfect for Loaders.

I guess I overleveled my character at the moment. I am lvl 25, all missions available are lvl 20 or so...killing enemies in those missions brings 1-10 EXP, so no real progress atm. I guess I have to follow the main story a bit, to unlock difficult areas and missions...

I found an artifact that gives +5% exp boost for killing enemies. It helps a bit if you've over-leveled.

I found an artifact that gives +5% exp boost for killing enemies. It helps a bit if you've over-leveled.

Yeah, I have that artefact as well, but once you are overleveled, it does not help you.

The trick is simple: just progress in main story until new side quests with proper levell are unlocked. Am now at 27, getting 100 EXP per kill.

Btw, i have a question: when you do missions, some of them have those additional mission goals marked with a plus.

I am not sure what the effect of those bonus mission goals is? What happens if I succeed? More EXP, better loot?

Am at lvl 31 now. First time where I can reach the top of the skill tree. In the sniping tree it is a skill that allows you to stack critical hits to increase dmg, up to 999 times. If you don't crit, effect decreases. Time also decreases the effect.

At the moment, dissapointing. I am playing with controller, its not that easy to stack up critical hits, especially if enemies are some weird creatures. All skills in sniping tree focus on critical hit damage...a bit too much for my taste!

Maybe I have to test out the other trees. I heard Cunning is rather strong? Someone tested it?

On a side note: did a fancy quest, where I get a Bison Killer Rifle. Base dmg is 2k+ which means that a loaded critical hit is up to 36k dmg?!? Basically one shots everything except bosses. Problem is when you don't crit...here comes the clue, first sniper I got without a scope....noooooooo!

Back