Blue Dragon Demo up on XBL

the demo is supposed to be about 2 hours long so if you're planning on buying the game, it may spoil things for you. I'm about 6% done after 20 minutes.

Well, I played for about 20 minutes -- I got to some boss and quit because I didn't want to ruin anything for myself upon a real play through... Definitely going to buy it.

It's a beautiful game... simple, but what's on the screen is wonderful -- I don't know if it's just that area of the game, but it wasn't as colorful as I was expecting (which would be my only complaint and I'm guessing it has more to do with the dreary area the demo was in)

Combat system is neat, if not a bit straight forward and typical (which is fine with me)... I liked the ability to avoid fights by using the shield (if the monster was weaker the shield would just eat it and give you the exp/sp it seems)... I really wish more RPGs had a system like that.

I don't think you are spoiling much unless the demo takes place sometime after the land shark incident in the begining. The game from what everyone who has played it says that it is 40 hours long. It took forever to download so I'll just play it when I get back home in the next 12-14 hours.

played for an hour, loved it , definitely going to buy it and here are my impressions
good
the visuals (toriyama work is wonderfully transferred into 3d nextgen goodness)
the music (beautiful old school square/enix type orchestral work with some funky suprises (hard rock soundtrack for boss fights?!)
the gameplay mechanics/combat system (classical old school ff5 type jrpg mixed with some innovative ideas that )

bad
graphical glitches (framerate drops/screeen tearing during spells)
limitations of traditional turn based rpg mechanics (battles taking you out of the game, fighting foot soldiers over and over to level up...etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read elsewhere that they might not have chosen the best place to start the demo so yes there is the possiblity of it spoiling things for you if you play the demo.

Now, that's good stuff

It's available for every regions, right?

Mass Effects demo next, Microsoft, thanks.

I should read the whole thread before posting, I think

Wait, spoilers?

Could someone clear that situation? What type of spoilers are we talking about here?

I'm already sold on the game, so I could live without playing the whole demo if it has a big spoiler in it.

Wait, spoilers?

Could someone clear that situation? What type of spoilers are we talking about here?

I'm already sold on the game, so I could live without playing the whole demo if it has a big spoiler in it.

well i don't know how to tell you what kind of spoilers there are without hinting the spoilers themselves but i say you this, if you are already sold on the game, do not play the demo. it has quite a bit of story/character info and i still do not understand mistwalker had chosen a funny place(level wise) to set demo on.

well i don't know how to tell you what kind of spoilers there are without hinting the spoilers themselves but i say you this, if you are already sold on the game, do not play the demo. it has quite a bit of story/character info and i still do not understand mistwalker had chosen a funny place(level wise) to set demo on.

I'm not quite sure Mistwalker is the one responsible for the demo. I'm sure Sakaguchi would have picked something...different for it.

Thanks for the info, <nu>faust.

Now, can't I start the demo and play for a few minutes or is it a spoiler from the get-go?

Screw that, I'm playing it!

It's a 40 hour game, and I hear it has quite a few twists, so how much harm can it really do??

in the grand scheme of things nothing that big really, it's just that for someone like Farid (who is already sold on the game)i'd advise to wait little bit since the game is out on aug 23rd.

edit: actually i didn't realize that farid was from france, hmmmm since the eu release date is not set yet(afaik) and the spoilers are relatively minor, i guess it wouldn't hurt for him to give it a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Back