Blue Dragon Demo up on XBL

in the grand scheme of things nothing that big really, it's just that for someone like Farid (who is already sold on the game)i'd advise to wait little bit since the game is out on aug 23rd.

edit: actually i didn't realize that farid was from france, hmmmm since the eu release date is not set yet(afaik) and the spoilers are relatively minor, i guess it wouldn't hurt for him to give it a try

I could have swarn that EU got it before we in the US did.
from GameFront
28.06.07 - Microsoft gibt bekannt, dass das Rollenspiel Blue Dragon am 24.08.07 in Europa ausgeliefert wird.

I finally played the demo. I killed the fat floating boss, I'm not sure if there is a lot more after that.

The game was easy to play, if you ever played a FF type game you can play this without the tutorial. The graphics were nice and clean, though the DOF blurring was a little over the top. The dragon animations were a little to generic and long. I can't really grasp the story or chars from the demo. The load times from HD were a little annoying, I hope the disc version isn't much worse.

It's a long game, so I will probably pick it up during a slow time of year in 08, when it's <=$40.

I'm not going to touch that demo because I don't want to spoil the sense of amazement when I pick up the game for real on launch..

I like the idea of demos for games i'm not too sure about but damned if i'm going to screw myself over and play demo's of must-haves..

Playing this made me feel just like I felt when picking DQ8 back up after having had played FFXII and Rogue Galaxy extensively. It wasn't exactly a good feeling. That feeling of constrained old school style gameplay immediately came to mind (could be the same feeling that many others will like). Conversely, I got that same feeling of quality and enjoyable characters that I got when playing DQ again. So, I'm pretty mixed on this game. I'm thinking Lost Odyssey might be closer to what I'm looking for.

I love this game, it's great. Great old school chrono trigger style vibes.

Both bosses I defeated left me wanting more, it took me a while to realize to can literally check everything for items, which is pretty cool. Also the game is actually pretty tough when you play it on "Hard".

The world map also looks huge, and I really like the shadow/skill/accessory system, fairly complex but simple at the same time.

I'll probably be playing this in between creepy Bioshock sessions for a nice change of pace.

I wasn't particularly fond of this demo, but I'll give it a rental once it release's. It's too aged for my taste.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the demo. I'm kind of out of the loop these days with regards to console releases so I need a reminder now and then. :cool:
Peaxe.

I wasn't a big fan. The combat was easy and the Corporeal dragon animations were stupidly long.

I like the charge-up vs time aspects of the combat, but the amount of time that some of the attacks take would prevent me from really wanting to play through this entire game.

Not the worst either. My perception of a 7.9 is: Average or slightly above. But with the way rankings work differently across sites there's room for confusion.

Yeah, but, consider the amount of hype that this game have, this is a huge disappointment. Just IMO

Yeah, but, consider the amount of hype that this game have, this is a huge disappointment. Just IMO

Fair enough. I think I must've ignored the hype - probably cos it's not my type of game! I'd viewed it more as a strategically placed game for Japan.

In any case 7.9 wouldn't stop me buying it. If it were my type of game of course. :)

Well, why are you ignoring the other 10 or so reviews out there?

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 90.0%
IC-Games - 90.0%
Play Magazine - 90.0%
gamesTM - 90.0%
360 Gamer Magazine UK - 90.0%
Computer & Video Games UK - 90.0%
Gamesbrink - 88.0%
Games Master UK - 86.0%
Official Xbox Magazine - 85.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly - 68.3%
Edge Magazine UK - 60.0%
NTSC - 60.0%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/927950.asp

Wow how disappointing. I wasn't sure about getting this game seeing as how I don't like Akira Toriyama's art but on the other hand I was thirsting for a JRPG on my x360. Guess these scores have helped me make up my mind.

Back