Bloodborne: [PS4] (From Software)

They just showed shot gameplay on Playstation E3 stage, off-screen, with obvious framedrops from time to time. Game looks amazing.

edit - here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
They just showed shot gameplay on Playstation E3 stage, off-screen, with obvious framedrops from time to time. Game looks amazing.

edit - here it is
The game looks good, I would like to see more but with those kind of comments I can't blame them if they choose not to show more, so many idiots.

Game of the show for me (besides No Man's Sky)...setting and atmo is fantastic!

Yeah, No Mans SKy's trailer and BloodBorne + the gollum from The Order ! This E3 is sweet. Haven't watched much though, heard there was a Witcher demo too. toobusy to catch up with all the awesomeness being thrown at me :p !

Shield or not, the deliberately lengthy animations and hit reactions tell me that this is still very much in the spirit of the Souls games. I was a little sceptical about the "more aggressive" remarks, but now I'm 100% on board. Just shut up and take my money then.

maximum hype
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/96i0v0/bloodborne-e3-2014--eyes-on

vtkldb.png

Tower of Latria.

First time I saw an intruder teleported into one of the prison cells, right in front of me. I thought he was an in-game character waiting to be rescued, was standing still at the cell entrance expecting a cutscene or at least a speech.

He was probably a newbie too.

We stood there for a good few seconds trying to read the situation before I decided to strike first anyhow. You know how the NPCs in Demon's Souls were. :)

The moment he rolled and got out of the cell, I was sure he's an intruder. Chased him all over the first 2 stages of the prison.

It is old, even called project beast in this trailer. Also, graphics look more than a ps3 game in this one, compared to the offscreen cam gameplay we got from e3.

But still. Setting is great. And fighting looks really exciting...love the shotty.

According to gaffers who saw the demo, framerate was almost constantly sub 30 and few time reached single digits. So no, it was not like those old E3 games [and watchdogs had great framerate].

Not showing the game in this state will also not stop From from selling gazilions of coppies. :)

Gaffers are often prone to hyperbole... ;)

Source : http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06...s-about-transforming-weapons-and-exploration/
About the theme “exploring the unknown” I spoke about earlier, I believe the concept should be applied to gameplay elements. The tactical factor of the new “active battle” is part of that, but we also want to include unknown elements in various areas of gameplay, for instance in character builds and the strategy the player will use. We’d like players to have fun stumbling their way through the game and finding out those unknown elements.

For example I can explain this by talking about the weapons that can be used together with the gun and that we define “gimmick weapons” . In the CG trailer shown at E3, we introduced the saw-cleaver weapon. That weapon has an unique shape and can also transform, and its features also change depending on the transformation.

Using those different transformations is an integral part of gameplay, and there are even unique attacks with special effects that can be executed only while the weapon is in the middle of a transformation. I think that there will be a lot of room for exploration on how to master those weapons.
:cool:

Back