Bioshock Infinite

Unfortunately not means so much. Even Square with FFXIII has resampled the pics of the ps3 version with the 360 prompt. I hope Irrational not doing the same sh#t but without an official confirm, nothing is sure.

Yes, but that's screenshots this is video, why would they bother going through the effort to deceive the public.

Yes, but that's screenshots this is video, why would they bother going through the effort to deceive the public.

In case the build was pretty raw, I'll be happy otherwise, however the past has teached me to no trust on anything until the data isn't pretty clear & certificate officially.

I also think the video is a fake. It's running on the pc and the ps3/360 buttons were filled in later.

I just watched the demo on the psn store, it had ps3 buttons. But then i looked for it on youtube: the same video but with 360 buttons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPYgKSWHqqg

after a while I also found the "ps3 version" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws4JsdRQFDU

Is it not possible that the developer went the "valve"-way?
At first allowing shitty ports by talentless developers, and then.. *bam* release a fully PS3 optimized game , complete with first party-level MLAA?

The fact that they are incorporating move controls tells me that it's possible that the PS3 version could look really close to the PC version this time around.
Having had mr. Levine on stage could mean that the ICE team had a quite few coffees with this guy :cool:

Incorporating Move should be independent of PC implementation. It's not uncommon for shooters to support Move these days. Does Bioshock Infinite support PC and PS3 crossplay ?

I think I was mislead at how bad the PS3 version of Bioshock was, aside from resolution and framerate it's an almost complete match for the pc version. The pc version seems like the real bad port, with tons of microstutter, broken sound, tiny fov and no AA support.

I think I was mislead at how bad the PS3 version of Bioshock was, aside from resolution and framerate it's an almost complete match for the pc version. The pc version seems like the real bad port, with tons of microstutter, broken sound, tiny fov and no AA support.

IMHO I think both Bioshock as far beyond to be bad on the ps3... even the 2 with low buffer, isn't so terrible. It's not so easy perceive that without a direct comparison. Only in the long distance the water effects show pixels craveling.

It's not that bad. I did get some microstutter on my 8800GTS but on my 4980 its smooth as butter - locked 60fps with vsync at 1920x1200.

Lack of AA isn't great but >1080p mitigates that a lot. FOV is the same as the console version but I think they brought out a patch that let you increase it.

There were also some decent DX10 additions in there, like dynamic water, soft particles and significantly improved shadows.

Overall I think it was actually a pretty good port. The control system was certainly excellent, switching between PC and 360 pad controls even altered the menu's to work better with each control type.

Sony producing 'special' Move peripheral for BioShock Infinite ?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/08/report-sony-producing-special-move-peripheral-for-bioshock-in/

We haven't heard exactly how BioShock Infinite will make use of the Move peripheral, only that it will; however, we now know that you'll have the option to play Infinite with its very own "special" Move device.

Videogamer caught the following note in a Move article on the UK PlayStation site: "A special PS Move peripheral is being produced that will draw you even deeper into this stunning vision of a parallel future." The article no longer makes any mention of a specialized peripheral, suggesting that this news got out a little bit early, ...

Ken Levine Interview: Taking BioShock from Rapture to Columbia
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...iew-taking-bioshock-from-rapture-to-columbia/

PlayStation.Blog: What’s more important to you: surprising the player or making existing fans feel familiar?

Ken: When you look at BioShock Infinite, you can’t deny that it’s a BioShock game. However, and this might seem counter-intuitive, Rapture was a surprise to the player; you wanted to see what was around each corner because it was so strange. If we were to take you back to Rapture then that surprise element would no longer be there. Weirdly, we had to change BioShock in order to make it BioShock, or at least to retain that core principle of the unexpected.

I think the important point for us is that BioShock Infinite has the same roots as the original, and in part those roots are me, Nate, Shaun, Steve and all of the guys in my team who worked on it. In terms of the game itself, we’re talking about the depth and detail of the game world, the kinds of weapons you’re going to have, the freedom of the combat and the character growth system that we’re going to be showing later.

PlayStation.Blog: What is your favourite moment in the original BioShock?

Ken:The two moments of BioShock that will always be special to me as writer and creative director are the opening descent to Rapture and the encounter with Andrew Ryan. We really put ourselves out there on the latter because it was a boss battle where you don’t actually fight the boss, but that was fundamental to the story, the fact that you had no choice in how it played out. We are thrilled that it worked so well because it was such a risky moment.

I don’t think people give gamers enough credit and assume that they only want explosive, visceral experiences. We also want to be mentally stimulated. The fact that the scene resonated so much proves that we are more diverse in their tastes than some think.

Brave man. Hope everything works out in the game. ^_^

Levine on BioShock Infinite's supposed 'special Move controller' and miscommunication in game development
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/08/l...s-supposed-special-move-controller/#continued

It's called 'the snowball effect.' One piece of information grows into something greater than it was ever meant to be. This effect can take hold even when the information is incorrect to begin with. This was the case when the PlayStation UK site claimed a special Move device was being released alongside the PS3 version of BioShock Infinite.

"My understanding of what happened with that was some marketing person at Sony said, 'Oh, I think there's a Move peripheral for this.' And they put it out there and we saw it and were just like, 'Uh. Really? We never heard of that before," Ken Levine told me last week.

Just came across the following video:

gamersyde.com said:
MediaInfo said:
File size: 311 MiB
Duration: 1mn 4s
Bit rate: 40.0 Mbps
Width: 1920 pixels
Height: 1080 pixels
Frame rate: 29.970 fps
Scan type: Progressive

Wow, awesome graphics/visuals in this TV commercial :eek::D.

Obviously it mentions:

NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

But, after that awesome looking TV commercial, i'm wondering what "BioShock Infinite" would have looked like if Irrational Games would have used CryENGINE 3.5 or Unreal Engine 4 instead of Unreal Engine 3 and also would have targeted modern high-end hardware instead of current-gen consoles :oops:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back