Bioshock 2

I found an upload of a savegame from after the safe but rapidshare is congested atm.

Of course there's the question of whether or not this person was playing on good or evil or if the file is viral. The person who uploaded it had only one post.

http://rapidshare.com/files/145946878/Bioshock_Just_After_Langford_s_Wall_Safe.rar

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/585401-bioshock-bug-tracking-spoiler-alert-pc-360/

P.S. The uploader posted elsewhere, supposedly it works.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-20176.html

Error

You want to download the following file: http://rapidshare.com/files/145946878/Bioshock_Just_After_Langford_s_Wall_Safe.rar | 6198 KB
Currently a lot of users are downloading files. Please try again in 2 minutes or become a Premium member
Please note, the server is not going to check again within the next 2 minutes if downloading is possible again. To provide a fair platform, all user get the same options. Your last attempt was 24 seconds ago.

Yeah, no clue whether he'd been a good boy or bad boy, or even what powers (tonics?) he'd purchased or weapons he'd upgraded, etc.

Tempting to grab it to finish the game though. Will see what Davros has in the way of saves. :)

Regards,
SB

The best would be one on the good boy path right after getting the contents of the Langford safe. Although I'd probably make do with one at the start of Ch.7 also, it's been so long that I probably wouldn't notice what I missed out on between opening the safe and the start of Ch.7.

Regards,
SB

Ran bioshock for the first time in 2 years and it hung at the splash screen
I think its because i had a 24inch lcd and my games set at 1920x1200 and it died and had to go back to a 22inch @1680x1050 some games arent smart enough to deal with this (usualy deleting a cfg or ini file solves it)
so i booted into vista (game was installed under xp) and it worked
so I've saved the game right after getting the key from the safe
listen to a tape entitled, “Lazarus Vector Formula” it explains your next goal
let me know where to send it (5.5mb)

At the risk of stating the obvious here, perhaps the two bioshock 2 topics should be merged :)

Today we released a patch for BioShock 2
It downloaded and installed for me, after I agreed to it, after I logged into GFW after launching the game. Fwiw, some people are reporting issues when playing multi-player. Automatic weapons become semi-automatic plus a few other issues.

Anyway: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/patchlistfirst

Today's PC Patch List

Today we released a patch for BioShock 2 on the PC for issues that we uncovered between the title’s production and launch. Unfortunately, this patch is causing errors in the Multiplayer portion of the game where holding down the mouse button does not register in game. We are already working on a fix to this problem and I will update you with more details as soon as I have them. The full patch list is available here for your reference (minus any potential spoilers.) Our work to fix other issues (including our widescreen fix) is still ongoing and they will be coming shortly. As always, I’ll be posting here whenever I have an update for you.

PATCH LIST
- Fixed accepting a game invite on the Multiplayer Menu via Friend Invite causing a crash.
- Fixed a black screen that would occur minimizing and restoring the game in Windows 7.
- Fixed the ability to adopt or harvest Little Sisters after rebinding the ‘F’ or ‘B’ keys to Zoom, Fire or Fire Plasmid.
- Fixed Big Daddy HUD elements remaining on screen when not appropriate.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s plasmid hand would become unresponsive if they pressed the Next Plasmid key immediately after firing any chargeable plasmid (such as ElectroBolt 2).
- Fixed a potential save file issue.
- Fixed an issue where the resolution would change on its own if entering gameplay in a 16:10 resolution on a native 16:10 monitor.
- Fixed a problem where if you were running the game in a resolution higher than your desktop resolution the mouse cursor wouldn’t be able to go across the whole screen.
- Fixed an issue in Windows 7 where certain Radio messages could become scrambled or broken after defeating a Big Sister if Voice audio had been turned down or muted previously.
- Fixed a crash while playing Dionysus Park on a 32-bit machine.
- Fixed a crash that would occur sometimes loading a previous manual save made before any present QuickSave.
- Fixed a crash while signing in to GFWL when running compatibility mode for XP SP2 while running Vista.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t play audio diaries in certain areas.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur any time before a specific Big Sister sequence.

This just got posted too.

post_new.gif
6 Minutes Ago
Tech Chris
user_online.gif

Tech Support

icon1.gif

@Kamspy

We are working on a number of FOV issues at the moment and we will update you as soon as we have a solid date for release.

I cannot advise with regards to AA and AF support or issues at this stage but we are aware of a number of requests made and we are looking into it.

I've got another bug, not sure if anyone experienced it... Loaded up a game. Did a couple things, screwed up. Reloaded in less than a minute, and the game seemingly reloaded fast, but ended up freezing/crashing (have to ctrl-alt-del). First noticed it though when I tried to go for a couple achievements. :p).

I appears to me that the QA testing was not all that thorough here ;)

BTW, how exactly does a company go about releasing a sequel with poor widescreen support in 2010 and after the original game was just pounded for it's Vert- (or whatever it is) disability and was even patched for it?!

/methinks that Call of Pripyat for $20 is a better fps gaming choice at the moment :D

I appears to me that the QA testing was not all that thorough here ;)

BTW, how exactly does a company go about releasing a sequel with poor widescreen support in 2010 and after the original game was just pounded for it's Vert- (or whatever it is) disability and was even patched for it?!

/methinks that Call of Pripyat for $20 is a better fps gaming choice at the moment :D

Supposedly it had good widescreen support but as they were doing the final tweaking the code for enabling proper widescreen resolutions got left behind.

Like I say, supposedly, and I'm going by a Tech post in the 2k forums.

I had thought re-enabling the support would be a trifle. I guess not.

Oops, I see now that this is mentioned in two "cult of rapture" postings.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/widescreenannouncement

We always meant to have our FOV expand horizontally, but a last minute bug fix for a related issue changed this back to a vertical FOV just before ship. We feel rather silly about this, and agree that horizontal expansion is much more awesome, and that you'll have it very soon.
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/widescreenannouncement

Our work to fix other issues (including our widescreen fix) is still ongoing and they will be coming shortly.
Anyway, I'm starting to really enjoy the game. At the moment I'm digging the flow. The level design seems polished. :smile:

Yeah to bad that by the time they will finally have a patch most people who have bought the game during launch will already completed the game. Seriously, how hard to it be to fix something that worked right before release? The game is already out for almost a week and I'm sure they need time for creating disks, distribution etc too so it's likely that they already had atleats 2 weeks to fix it but they still havnt. Somehow I feel ''very soon'' probably means: You'd be lucky of you get it before you don't care about the game anymore.

Am I the only one having trouble taking the bad boy path? No technical issues, I just can't bring myself to harvest the little sisters. :oops:

Am I the only one having trouble taking the bad boy path? No technical issues, I just can't bring myself to harvest the little sisters. :oops:

Yeah, all thoughts of considering that left my mind the first time "my little sister" looked up at me.

Plus the way that kid waits for you after you've been killed. Ha, one time I just went to kill the remaining splicers and set traps without picking her up first and her crying made me feel bad.

The AR in your 2nd shot looks wrong. Is that what it really looks like?

Back