Bioshock 2- First Gameplay.

Hmm.... I didn't track the rumors so far. Couldn't the Big Daddy be an earlier Rapture citizen ?

Did you play the game ?

[spoiler alert]

In the last level you actually are a big daddy, while you try to kill the "boss" in the game. There's a lab where they appearently converted poor souls into those ugly big heavy guys in a diving suit.

[spoiler alert]

This is how you do a spoiler ;)

In the last level you actually are a big daddy, while you try to kill the "boss" in the game. There's a lab where they appearently converted poor souls into those ugly big heavy guys in a diving suit.

On topic, as soon as I heard that Digital Extremes were making the Multiplayer element of Bioshock 2, any small part of hope I had that it would be good pretty much disappeared.

Did you play the game ?

The first one ? Yes I did. I did not finish it though.
Became Big Daddy but the enemy slipped away. I got mad and tired of the drag and decided to take a break.
Haven't returned to Rapture since. I know I am very close to the end.

I saw it today & must say....That was laughably Bad !

Looks a lot like I thought Bioshock MP would be...

Bioshock wasn't a fantastic game visually. The animation wasn't great, and the shooting elements were average. What was great about it was the unmatched atmosphere, the fantastic setting and story, and the great VA.

I have been playing BIOSHOCK (on PC)since last week, and I must say, contrary to what I felt during the demo I had played long back, the game is indeed focussed on the FPS element of the game rather than the horror. I had thought it was a horror title, but its more like "find innovative ways to kill the enemies" !

The voice acting and the general vibe of the game is excellent, but I had thought it was a more "traditional" horror title, which it is not. I have so many powers and guns+bullet combinations. Add vita chambers to that and I don't need to be scared at all ;) ! Now, I can see why the sequel puts you in the shoes of a Big daddy. The game doesn't want to scare you, it wants to give a very atmospheric shooter, with lots of options on how you want to clear the rooms.

What's with all the thumbs down for Bioshock 2 ? I am a 2/3-fan for Bioshock (The first 2/3). Have they released any further details about the game ? All I know right now is the MP trailer above, and we will play as Big Daddy.

Oh ! No! No thumbs down from me, if you are referring to my post. I am just saying that I had thought Bioshock was a traditional Horror game, but it feels like it more of an FPS with choices on how to clear a level , now that I have played it a bit.

What's with all the thumbs down for Bioshock 2 ? I am a 2/3-fan for Bioshock (The first 2/3). Have they released any further details about the game ? All I know right now is the MP trailer above, and we will play as Big Daddy.

Well it looks like the people who demand that every game have an MP or they won't buy it should get what they deserve.

As to playing as a big daddy in Bioshock 2, I think it's a mistake. Why would play as the badest ass out there? What are you supposed to fear? It would've been better to have played as a Lil Sister where you controlled a big daddy and yet were vulnerable if you didn't play him strategically.

What's with all the thumbs down for Bioshock 2 ?

It's the MP I am thumbing down. I liked Bioshock so much I bought it twice, on both the PC and 360. So in that, I am really looking forward to the SP portion of the 2nd game.

But I just can't see how Multiplayer will work, especially as it's being developed by the "gaming-by-numbers" team at Digital Extremes.

Haha, I got even more confused after your post. What is "gaming-by-numbers" ?

The MP footage looks like a standard MP FPS. Perhaps the avatars look "lame" ?

Haha, I got even more confused after your post. What is "gaming-by-numbers" ?

The MP footage looks like a standard MP FPS. Perhaps the avatars look "lame" ?

I think he means just hitting the checkpoints for what they think is needed. Got this feature, check. Ok, put this in, check...

Without much conscious thought for gameplay.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that they are doing that. But I "think" that's what he meant. I do agree thought that not all games need a MP component. I'm quite happy for a good single player game to be...a good single player game.

Regards,
SB

Back