Torchlight 2, My Impressions...

No compelling pre-order bonus (original Torchlight but I've already played the hell out of that) so I'll just wait until it has a good Christmas or Summer sale on it. Too many games taking up my time or soon to take up my time. GW2, Borderlands 2, and the new X-Com.

Regards,
SB
I pre-ordered it months ago and they sent me an email with a product key to use in order to unlock the full game. But yesterday it was downright impossible to download the game, and everytime I cliked on the link they provided me with, the webpage seldom loaded.

Today I tried again but when I download the file it gets to a point where the download freezes and I can't do anything about it. I am about to give up til the next week tbh.

Did it come with a key? Can you put that into Steam?
It didn't, you download the installation executable file and you have to enter the product key code they send you to the email address you registered when you pre-order the game.

As for your second question, I can't tell for certain. I have an Steam account but I seldom use it and I pre-ordered the game in the official homepage of Torchlight 2.

In my case I have to activate the game after installing it with the product key they provided me with. That's just for Single player. For Multiplayer you also have to create an account at https://secure.runicgames.com/ but I am just interested in SP for now.

im pretty sure you can, when youre registering your account on their website it will ask you if you want to sync your steam friends or something to that effect, itll take you to steams website, you click a button and it sends you an email.

i bought mine off steam though, so its possible that it only works for those copies but i seem to recall torchlight 1 working similarly if you bought it direct from runic you could still add it to steam.

anyway i got a lvl 22 zerker at the beginning of act 2, if anyone wants to join me my runic name is snarfbot. the in game friends list is only visible if your starting an internet game afaik.

its kinda wonky but itll have to do for now, steamfriends is down for me at least is anyone else experiencing that?

I've been playing the demo for a few hours with an outlander and so far so good.
I'm sold on the game :)
I'll play a bit more but they should definitely see my twenty bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this a few days ago as well for about half an hour, and it definitely grabbed me a lot more than Diablo 3, which after I tried it once, I never got back to it. While I'm still disappointed it doesn't have the same visual appeal as a PS2 game had for me back in the day, overall at least it's a fun experience.

Been playing this some more. This game is like it is on Speed, it's super fast and busy. I actually managed to die once, too. Hoping my colleagues pick this up for some online mayhem.

Which PS2 game? Champions of Norath, BG: DA I/II?

Yeah, DA wowed with the water effects, CoN with lots of depth, lights, and cool details like monsters walking around with arrows stuck into them (I had a bear type creature walk around with six arrows). Those games used some kind of megatexture tech I think, and CoN stuffed a PS3 DVD with full 9GB. Realtime lighting from magic, barrels fall apart with great physics and detail (esp for the time, but even today they compare quite well to Diablo and Torchlight)

I'm back with a new interview with Max Schaefer. As some of you'll recall I interviewed Max back at E3 and we talked about bunch lot of cool things, including his time at Blizzard working on Diablo 3 many moons ago.

Well I sat down with Max again a few days after Torchlight 2 launched and we discussed: Torchlight 2 sales, how powerful the mod tools really are, will TL2 on the Mac make 2012, player cheating, working on Diablo 3, open-multiplayer vs secure-multiplayer, Claptrap and Minecraft cameos in TL2, PvP, Torchlight 3, Torchlight 2 on next gen consoles, Sci-Fi ARPGs and if he'll ever make that Torchlight/Minecraft hybrid he told me about at E3 this year.

http://eat-games.tumblr.com/post/32824468588/max-schaefer-torchlight2-launch-interview

Hope you guys enjoy, I'm proud of this one! :)

Cheers,
-Mark

I like the game, I created a paypal account so I can buy it :LOL:
too bad the account is still in the validation process.

I started a melee outlander (or slightly hybrid range/melee) in hardcore, really rewarding great stuff :)

picked up torchlight for $10, wow ..... so much better then D3 and i have spent too many hours to tell on D3. Items are awesome, boss fights are awesome, its way harder have died like 10 times in the first act on VET ( granted im trying not to spend points until more skills are unlocked)

Torchlight II just got a steam update with Workshop support for headache-free mod management, new armor sets, weapons, pets, end-game dungeons, tile sets and a headcrab. :LOL: (Which is also a pet. Just wanted to mention it for the hilarity.) No word on if it jumps onto your head though and turns you into a mindless zombie...

Bought it in Steam sale finally and frankly I really like it :D ! The game throws so much loot at you that you are always at loggerheads about what to wear and what not to wear !

BTW< once I have put gems into the sockets of a particular armour or weapon, can I take them out again? Can I get those gems back? I mean I keep finding better stuff but I have put my gems into previous armour and weapons. Can they be taken out again ?

EDIT: I am also playing the Outlander by the way. MY shotgun, doing electric and fire damage too, is a beast at the moment ! But I wish I had started with the mage as I would like to see some magical effects on screen.

BTW< once I have put gems into the sockets of a particular armour or weapon, can I take them out again? Can I get those gems back? I mean I keep finding better stuff but I have put my gems into previous armour and weapons. Can they be taken out again ?

Once you get to the main camps in each area, look for two dwarfs. One takes out the gems and destroys the item, one destroys the gems and leaves the item with it's gem mounts free. So you get to decide whether to destroy the gems or destroy the item and get back what's left.

Once you get to the main camps in each area, look for two dwarfs. One takes out the gems and destroys the item, one destroys the gems and leaves the item with it's gem mounts free. So you get to decide whether to destroy the gems or destroy the item and get back what's left.

Lol, i didn't see the toher dwarf and got my gems crushed :LOL: !

Anyways, can't say this enough, this is the most fantastic game in a looooooong time. I just can't get up from it :devilish: !

Thanx to the amazing amount of loot, my playstyle changes every 20 mins ! Now I am gun totter, now a wand holder, now a dual pistol weilder and now brawler ! The transitions and smoothness is amazing. I don't have to really make a new character to try out fun stuff.

Same for the pet, i chose an Eagle, but I keep transforming him into different beasts !! Fantastic !!

How do I download mods from the Steam Workshop? All I can do there is click on a subscribe button... :???:

Also, can I carry my character over to mods and bring it back to my main game? Or do we have restart the game to play a mod in Torchlight 2?

and the most important, I am around level 18 or 19 and the next story mission dungeon says it is for level 23-24. All the side missions also seem to be inside that dungeon. So, where can I go to level up my character before entering it? All the enemies that I have slain remain slain so I don't have anything to kill but the next Dungeon requires me to level up :( !

Edit: ok got the mods working, but they need a new save. I would rather play the main game first.

As for levelling up my character , i think the only way is to join another persons game :( couldn't find any other way ro level up before entering the next dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just start a LAN game and be the only one to play in it. That way you can also adjust the difficulty mid-game as well.

P.S. you must check the option to randomize and respawn the enemies obviously.

Back