Bioshock 2- First Gameplay.

I didn't like the first one that much tbh. I know it is very critically acclaimed, but in my experience the game got rather boring after a few hours, i felt everything was just the same thing over and over again with slight deviations.

I loved the atmosphere but I agree that the gameplay needed more variety. It looks like they made some decent improvements but you can't tell much from this video.

I didn't like the first one that much tbh. I know it is very critically acclaimed, but in my experience the game got rather boring after a few hours, i felt everything was just the same thing over and over again with slight deviations.

I felt the same way when I played the demo and the media I watched of it...just felt repetitive. The story seems like it was great and the introduction "Welcome to Rapture" was excellent.

Thats pretty much how I felt about this game and I played it on the PC where I did not have to worry about limited graphics or controls, then again I probably would have gotten used to this game on either console however the idea that I liked about the game play trailer is that you finally have underwater combat, that should have been part of the first game but I guess such gameplay demands alot of physics into the game to make it believable.

I always felt that the first game was begging for underwater combat and just never understood why the game devs never seemed to take this into consideration but maybe the console sales helped pay for the developent costs :D

I'm a little disappointed the graphics. Judging from the video, it looks almost exactly the same as the first one. I was hoping they'd use the latest version of the Unreal 3 engine (could've just been the video so I'll reserve my full judgement until I see more).

I played the PC version of the first game and I wasn't impressed in the least. The gameplay is just too dull. I'm not going to get caught up in the hype this time.

I enjoyed the game but it is still sitting on my machine unfinished. i am nearly at the end of the game too but I just dont have the desire.....

I'm quite interested in this.. Definitely will pick it up..

Bioshock(1) used Unreal Engine 2.5 with bits of 3 in it right? So is BS2 using UE3 fully? It certainly looks much better..

I am interested but I was expecting much more changes in it. So when does the game take place? Before or after the first one?

I thought that the city was abandoned and destroyed.

How did the big daddies get plasmid powers?

So when does the game take place? Before or after the first one?
Roughly a decade after.

I thought that the city was abandoned and destroyed.
It's a pretty big city!

How did the big daddies get plasmid powers?

They are saying the player was the first big daddy, and the only one to feature plasmid abilities.There's probably a good reason why subsequent Big Daddies cannot use plasmids... too powerful?

Can't wait. As alway's with any multiplatform game my only concern is how well the PS3 version turns out.

I agree, my 1st concern is that this Video is of 360 gameplay. Check the 1,48 mark and see the green A button next to the Splicer Weapon.

Here is we go again :(

I'm sort of disappointed, I was hoping you'd be the Big Momma or whatever you call it. Mirror's Edge jumping with plasmid effects.

I did like the story of Bio1 and thought the underwater atmosphere was awesome, but the repetitive gameplay bored me half way through, if the 2nd one brings up more variation then it should be a blast to play. Also wish the graphics could kick up a notch coz right now it's par with Bio1 pixel for pixel.

I agree, my 1st concern is that this Video is of 360 gameplay. Check the 1,48 mark and see the green A button next to the Splicer Weapon.

Here is we go again :(

I just tried the PS3 demo and am happy to report that it looks as good as I remember the 360 version I originally played. I know from reports I've read that there are minor differences but I didn't notice them. The framerate was even solid except for the very beginning section.

The demo of first lead me to think it would be repetitive before long, and it was, I didn't even finish it and I uninstalled it since then.
I would have been much more interested in a prequel happening before or during the fall of rapture to madness, would have been a greater opportunity for gameplay and storytelling IMO.

Back