Best TV show EVER?

Simon F said:
I'd also like to put a vote in for "Blue Planet" or perhaps the older "Life on Earth".
Agree with Life On Earth - for the time, it's sheer scale and scope put it beyond anything else (nature programme-wise).

I'd like to add The Sky At Night (longest running TV programme in the UK); Fawlty Towers; Boys From The Blackstuff; Dad's Army; Dr Who. However, my ultimate TV series has got to be The World At War - it should be required viewing for every school child on this planet.

1) Firefly (best show ever, how could they cancel it? At least there's the movie to look forwards to).
2) Buffy
3) Angel (yeah I'm a fan of all of Joss Whedon's shows ;) )

Also cool (in no particular order):
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Bubblegum Crisis
Futurama
Stargate SG1

All of these I've watched on DVD or downloaded, can't stand watching TV with constant ad interuptions plus the hassle of having to either watch when its on or record the show (especially since I prefer shows with long continous storylines where missing an episode is a real pain). This way I can also easily start from the first episode of a show and work my way through to the latest episode, which in my opinion is the only way to watch any good series :)

Shows that sound cool but haven't got around to watching:
Babylon 5
Farscape

Goragoth said:
1) Firefly (best show ever, how could they cancel it? At least there's the movie to look forwards to).
I couldnt agree more with you. The best of all time. I so hate fox executives (those that cancelled this series).

sigh, at least theres the movie though.

epic

Family Guy. Never laughed as hard as I did during some moments in that show. Looks like a lot of Canadians like it, despite the "Canada sucks" comment (which I thought was quite funny).

RussSchultz said:
Futurama ranks way up their for me, ahead of the Simpsons.
What I love about Futurama is the endless amount of material the writers have to work with. They can just make up absolutely any scenario they want, as well as mock anything or anyone in today's 1000 year old society.

Futurama, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Coupling (the original brit. version) & Scrubs are IMO among the most brilliant half-hour comedies ever written. Among full-hour dramas only 2 ever managed to get me really hooked and fanboyish enough to get me to buy their DVD boxsets: Babylon 5 and Twin Peaks.

There are other good shows out there: Friends was fun for a while; Family Guy and Six Feet Under I still need to get into to really judge them; 24 is a great concept but not always as entertaining as it could be; Firefly was cool and had lots of potential but ran far to short to leave an impact. I wouldn't put them in bold though... ;)

Back