Magazine, TV Channel Vote 'Zelda' Games Best Ever!

How so? The controls are worse. The camera is worse. It's not like the puzzles are significantly better. The only thing it has going for it is big guns.

Camera: RE1's worse? Maybe a tad. I'd probably give a fairly even score in this department though. SH2 is totally 3D and RE has totally set camera angles (while SH2 only has certain instances of this) so the SH2 camera is obviously more versatile. It's been a little troubling for me though. Perhaps it was on part of Konami, for the same reasons that Capcom made their camera angles funky?

Best-playing survival horror? Eternal Darkness, no doubt about it. It's the only one that you're not spending the game fighting the controls and camera.

Totally agreed. Of course, you can't maximize the fright when the player can actually see what's going on. At least that's how Capcom and Konami see it, heh heh.. ;) (IMO, ED has its parts.. but is no where near as freaky as RE or SH)

OT, but I haven't seen you at Cloudchaser lately. Busy?

Nope, I just got tired of going there. Too many idiots and newbies, and I've been working a lot lately and it got difficult to keep up with all of the threads. I go there from time to time, but my post count prolly won't reach 6,000 any time soon. :)

Although I don't like Eternal Darkness that much, cause there's nothing innovating in there, except playing characters from different time, I recon it's one of the few I don't spend my time fighting the controls to achieve what I want.

I'm a Kult RPGamer, so the concept of mind depravation/sanity, and hallucinations is well known to me since 1995 or so... hence not new, not too say old.

The top 5 games/series of all time? Hmm. Imo, and in no particular order:

The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Brothers
Metroid
Tetris

The top three at the very least *must* include the Mario, Metroid, and Zelda games. They're on a level that no other series can possibly hope to touch in terms of longevity and *quality* during that length of time.

Tetris changed the world of gaming forever. That single game alone *made* the Gameboy the powerhouse it is today. Tetris simply cannot be left off the list, and it tells me that you must be a relatively new gamer to laugh at its inclusion Deepak.

I couldn't think of a 5th however. There are so many fantastic games/series that can be considered seminal classics that it's difficult to choose among them.

Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, DOOM, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, etc etc etc. As good as DOOM is, I wouldn't necessarily choose it above the FF games, or the Street Fighter games. So there I'd have to disagree.

I'd go with the zelda series , phantsy star series , the marios have to be in there . Alone in the dark is def better than any of the horror games today even if the graphics don't match up . allthough later versions sucked street fighter 2 for a few of the games were really good and should be in that list . To me gta 3 is just a fluke we will have to see if the games keep selling well .

jvd said:
Alone in the dark is def better than any of the horror games today even if the graphics don't match up.

Really jvd?? I 've not played it....can you confidently say that it is better than SH series....?

Deepak said:
jvd said:
Alone in the dark is def better than any of the horror games today even if the graphics don't match up.

Really jvd?? I 've not played it....can you confidently say that it is better than SH series....?

It has nostolgia factor, but the story was non-existant (and for me, with a survival horror game, story&atmosphere>gameplay).

Back