Best TV show EVER?

Leto

Newcomer
What is the best show EVARH on TV?

My favourites:
Seinfeld, unmatched honest humour that goes right under your skin and makes you feel guilty for laughing so hard.

The Practice, I've been following this one on and off ever since it started and I think the script and acting is brilliant, the stories are suspenseful and interesting. They've managed to exchange a lot of the main characters. They are airing the season, where I live, where James Spader is sort of the lead and he is doing brilliantly. Him and Sharon Stone are great together.

The Soprano's, it goes on and on and it never gets boring. Joe Pantoliano as Ralphie was a great addition to the show, too bad he had to die... I'm looking forward to the next season starting here in Denmark, apparently they've given Steve Buscemi a big part.

Theres been some really high quality local ones here (Emmy winners even), but theres no point in mentioning them since nobody knows them.

Married With Children!!! Loved it!

Except for Monty Python's Flying Circus back then, of course. But it's not to be compared, since that's not truly possible ;)

_xxx_ said:
Married With Children!!! Loved it!

Except for Monty Python's Flying Circus back then, of course. But it's not to be compared, since that's not truly possible ;)

Tru-dat!

Six feet under is probably at the very top of my list, Sopranos probably as a close runner-up, though I haven't been able to keep up with it lately. :( Man, HBO sure knows how to crank'em out!

Seinfeld is arguably the best sitcom over all, but a good drama always trumps a good sitcom in my book.

Not really a 'show', but a miniseries, I re-watched Shogun on DVD a few months ago. Best... miniseries... ever. :) Even better than I remember it was in from the '80s.

The first season of six feet under was astounding.

Then the characters started doing crazy uncharacteristic shit to advance the story arch.

Futurama ranks way up their for me, ahead of the Simpsons.

Trawler said:
Blackadder
Except series 1 which didn't quite hit the mark. Series 2, 3 and 4, OTOH, were as "cunning as a weasel who's just been made Professor of Cunning at Oxford University".

I'd put a vote in for "The Games" which, although I only saw a few episodes, I thought was very clever. It was a fictitious fly-on-the-wall documentary of the planning and organisation of the 2000 Olympics.

As far as TV comedy goes, Blackadder (and early seasons of Red Dwarf) beat Seinfeld by quite a lot more than a mile when it comes to funnyness.

I am thankful however that nobody's mentioned Frasier yet. :D

Friends *Ducks*...

Ok, thats not my favourite but I did like it. Its between coupling, thomas the tank engine, turtles and star trek next generation... All from very different stages of my life.

Blake's 7. No doubt about it.

That'll get some Americans googling away I bet.

Seriously though. Probably Cheers.

Back