Best sites, to brush up, and get free code?

Banned
What are the best sites to get free shader code? And see easily digestible explanations?

Ps
Sorry if this is the wrong area, if so mods please move it to the appropriate area.

Which language are you after?
Nvidia's sdk has a lot of good samples, some with comments and whitepapers, others with no comments at all......
Check out the SDK9.5 for DX9 and earlier samples, and SDK10 for DX10. Also the devrel pages from nvidia have a lot of interesting stuff.

Also check out ATI/AMD's devrel pages where you can find sample source code, papers and chapters from books.

There are also a bit of info on OpenGL's tutorial page, as well as here the orange book's hp...

Thanks, as for language. I'm open to suggestions, I'd like the most intuitive, and cleanest.

I'll probably be hung for this, but then I'll suggest using HLSL.
They are quite like, but HLSL allows you to keep both pixel and vertex shader in the same file, and is supported by both ATI's RenderMonkey and Nvidia's FX Composer, which means it's very easy to get started. (You don't have to create the framework to get started)

An easy book to get started is Shaders for game programmers and artist. The only problem is that it tends to skip a step or two in how to set up RenderMonkey (and it doesn't have an errata), but the shader code is complete. Also, the examples on the cd does work as they should, so you can compare with your own setup.

Back