Best graphics in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously semitope, you don't need to post 10 meg of gifs to demonstrate how bland and blurry KZ2 is.

Please edit your post to at least only provide links and not embedded gifs.

lol, didn't click the links at first but after reading your response i'd figure they were awesome right? :p

lol, didn't click the links at first but after reading your response i'd figure they were awesome right? :p

Well, initially they weren't links, but embedded in the page (which, as we all know, slows down browsing). Fortunately, a mod edit made them links.

And no, not awesome at all ;)

Seriously semitope, you don't need to post 10 meg of gifs to demonstrate how bland and blurry KZ2 is.

Please edit your post to at least only provide links and not embedded gifs.

Al to the rescue. They work hard to keep this site B3D. But yeah the bar must be set really low and it is very much reminding of Fallout 3 but some more stuff. U2, MW2, Batman DA top contenders with Batman game showing impressive graphic for being UE3 engine powered game... or was it U3.5?

Al to the rescue. They work hard to keep this site B3D. But yeah the bar must be set really low and it is very much reminding of Fallout 3 but some more stuff. U2, MW2, Batman DA top contenders with Batman game showing impressive graphic for being UE3 engine powered game... or was it U3.5?

Batman DA is very much reminding of Too Human but with more darker.
Too Human was also very impressive, for a UE3 game that is.

I actually looked for info on gifs right after posting to make sure, Didn't see it. Would have been nice if you posted a link to the rule, this sites rules seem all over the place.

But yes they were awesome :LOL: btw, this would be the appropriate place to post such a thing right?

What's batman DA? If you mean AA it would have never made it on my list. One multiplat that would is NFS shift. Its a great take on the overly sterile world of the current sim racers.

I actually looked for info on gifs right after posting to make sure, Didn't see it. Would have been nice if you posted a link to the rule, this sites rules seem all over the place.

But yes they were awesome :LOL:

What's batman DA? If you mean AA it would have never made it on my list. One multiplat that would is NFS shift. Its a great take on the overly sterile world of the current sim racers.

Batman Deadly Asylum ? :rolleyes::LOL:

Read the FAQ. Crtl-F search for Animated .gifs. You'll find a post made April 10th 2006.

While I accept some areas could do with clarification, perhaps it's not so much the rules of this board that are all over the place, but certain users' inabilities to find/understand them...

but certain users' inabilities to find/understand them...

You can certainly argue either way; Its possible to place something where its not expected to be. I thought something like that would be a general rule for the entire forum and thats where I looked

Fair enough, my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
back ontopic:
Didn't crysis: warfare come out this year? It that case it could be a great contender

It would be my pick hands down but it came out last year September. Was there any PC game that stood out graphically this year?

You can certainly argue either way; Its possible to place something where its not expected to be. I thought something like that would be a general rule for the entire forum and thats where I looked
The local FAQ should have been read before posting no matter the forum, to familiarise oneself with regional bylaws. ;)

I agree the pictures are too bland. The game itself, especially MP, is more chaotic.

KZ2 also shines in motion. Partly because of the carefully crafted and varied enemy animation/reaction, and the way light reacts to your movement which gives it a very unique outdoor, 3D/volumetric feel.

The game has great motion blur too ! Would be difficult for people who have not played KZ2 to judge/appreciate it based on static pictures.

Batman DA is very much reminding of Too Human but with more darker.
Too Human was also very impressive, for a UE3 game that is.

Dont know much about Too Human though from what I've seen it sure looks less. But yes impressive for UE3 and making it high into the graphic list (Batman that is).

It would be my pick hands down but it came out last year September. Was there any PC game that stood out graphically this year?

Several that would wipe this thread but since this aint a thread targeted for PC games then.. go figure! :p

Several that would wipe this thread but since this aint a thread targeted for PC games then.. go figure! :p

:idea: The lack of "console" in the title got me thinking PC as well, completely forgot where i was :cry:

@ Rotmm: I searched because I know B3D is weird in the rules department and my message box is filled with warnings :LOL: . I post it on other sites without a second thought. Also "FAQs" arent where rules that ppl get warnings for should be. I would not normally look there unless I had a problem i wanted a quick answer to (no i wont read the whole name of the thread once I see FAQ in front).

Ah quick giving semtope such a hard time fellas. Everyone makes mistakes :) semitope is passionate about defending his KZ2 pick and that is all that matters. I have never played KZ2 myself considering I am away from my PS3 all the darn time. But next time I will pick up a copy. I did play UC1 and UC2 back to back last time I saw my PS3 after all. But my vote is with UC2 as of right now.

:Also "FAQs" arent where rules that ppl get warnings for should be. I would not normally look there unless I had a problem i wanted a quick answer to (no i wont read the whole name of the thread once I see FAQ in front).

If I see a line of text, I couldn't force myself to read only the letters 'FAQ' even if I wanted to - especially in a forum context where it is only one of two stickied threads.

Look, it's ok, you didn't read it. I wouldn't have either... I'm being honest there - when I join a forum, I'm not reading the rules.

But Rotmm had it right when he said it's just common sense stuff. This is a technical forum, not a gaming fan forum or anything similar. I think it should be fairly easy to see what the 'norm' for posts are around here - do you see many enormous .gifs or LOLcats references?

Do you guys really think that this looks bland and not good!?!?!
This really surprises the sh** out of me, because I think that this is Killzone 2 and that is why it wins the graphics trophy 2009 without sweat...if I was a dev, I would go crazy because of all the different opinions regarding graphics and I think I would feel demoralized :cry:
In conclusion, it is really good to be just a gamer...especially in 2009.
Lets see what 2010 has to offer :mrgreen:

Do you guys really think that this looks bland and not good!?!?!
This really surprises the sh** out of me, because I think that this is Killzone 2 and that is why it wins the graphics trophy 2009 without sweat...if I was a dev, I would go crazy because of all the different opinions regarding graphics and I think I would feel demoralized :cry:
In conclusion, it is really good to be just a gamer...especially in 2009.
Lets see what 2010 has to offer :mrgreen:

Well, those particular GIFs don't seem to show anything of particular note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back