Best custom PC building company?

Discussion in 'PC Purchasing Help' started by digitalwanderer, Dec 31, 2020.

1. arandomguy

Newcomer

Just something to keep in mind is actual street prices of AMD vs Intel due to the current market conditions. While the general rule of thumb was that Zen 2 parts were much better value at MSRPs over Intel, spot street prices over the last half year due to the Covid disruption/mindshare from Zen3 have often created situation in which Intel may not only be better value but actually cheaper while still being faster for gaming.

At this point for the CPU unless you're in a rush I'd wait until at least mid January for CES based announcements.

2. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

It's the best to wait now, some parts are hard to get anyway. Or better said just about anything is hard to get, even consoles. Like the above poster said, if you can wait say half a year it will pay off. It depends on the situation, if you really need something else now then ye.... But if the current system tags along for what you do then its absolutely better to wait.

digitalwanderer and musicmixer like this.
  3. musicmixer

We're in the US, and really looking to build a machine that combines bang-for-buck, that will perform well for gaming, and last hopefully 5 years or so. Longer would be great, but probably not realistic. It would be nice to purchase all the parts to do the build ourselves and have a project we can work on together, but it's not a deal-breaker if we end up finding a nice Dell, Lenovo, etc, that fits the criteria. I forgot about Slickdeals. I'll have to get that on my radar again. Thanks!

digitalwanderer likes this.
  4. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Yeah, a few months from now the whole price/availability thing should be ok. Hell, I'm hitting up my AMD contacts just to BUY a 6800 right now for near to MSRP!

musicmixer and PSman1700 like this.