Battlefield 3 announced

wow nice BF3 have pad support :D
in BFBC2 i cant use my xbox gamepad to fly helicopter :(

btw any info about DRM in BF3?
if its like BFBC2 retail (only need 1 time online activation, then i can throw away the dvd) it will be awesome :D

@sb
also very agree with your suggestion about info in game settings.

@repi
this is not too important maybe, (seems only affect poor countries) :
i hope BF3 after finish game, not upload big data to "sync status" with EA server. Maybe data compressed to RAR or something?
my country normal upload speed only 6 - 8 KB/s. thanks

I've got one........

Per Kit Button configurations!!!!!

seriously , kits where the "gadget" isn't a weapon i would rather set my 2nd thumb button to the pistol.

Has there been any word about what hardware was running the E3 build of BF3? Apparently, the video card I just bought was supposedly what was used at E3, although I'm taking whoever said that with a grain of salt. Devs tend to keep stuff like that behind closed doors. I just finalized my build by purchasing a 3GB EVGA GTX 580, which I plan to buy another to SLI with when the prices drop during the 600 series launch. That makes my specs as follows:

Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K i7 @ 3.4 GHZ
3GB EVGA GTX 580
8 GB Patriot DDR3 RAM (2x 4GB Dual Channel) @ PC 1600
1200 watt gold certified Antec PSU (high watts for impending GTX 580 SLI)
ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Motherboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God that is a dream machine. FWIW I don't think you'd need more than a good 800W PSU even for SLI 580s.

after a good Bc2 gaming session a few things i hope are improved in BF3.

Make the current action over ride the previous, ie if your scoped in and press run + forward, unscope and start running. its anoying having to unscope and then start running.

fix the whole fire rocket/throw grenade/blow up C4 but die straight after it and they magiclly disappear. the amout of times i have had the beep sound go off when i blow up the C4 but die and not have the C4 blow up...... drives me nutts!!! this is with pretty low latency as well, 50ms.

im currently running a 6970 and thats fine for eyefinity in BC2. i wonder if im going ot need to get another 6970 for BF3, its that funny thing, once you go eyefinity there is no going back!!!!

Good God that is a dream machine. FWIW I don't think you'd need more than a good 800W PSU even for SLI 580s.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I bought the most powerful PSU for future-proofing. Replacing them is a pain in the ass, and I'd rather have one that won't need replacing anytime soon. I finished my total rebuild with those last two purchases. I neglected to mention I also bought an Intel 320 SSD @ 120 GB and 2x2TB Western Digital HDD's. The SSD is for my OS, solely, and the improvement in access time is monumental. The only thing I'd like to upgrade, anytime soon, is the RAM. Once they start making larger chips, single chips that is, I'm going to invest in some. Other than that, I think I'm pretty BF3 ready.

They should make a sticker that says that.

Anyone have any information on what this game will actually be about online?

Last edited by a moderator:
You could go play previous battlefield games to get a pretty good idea of what it will be like.

I think they'd rather spend the time it would take to build mod tools to improve the game.

Was BFBC2 moddable? I don't recall ever seeing any community maps or anything.

I mean the DLC like the usual maps, BC2 vietnam is called as "Battlefield badcompany 2 vietnam expansion" in the newsticker on bottom.

Has there been any word about what hardware was running the E3 build of BF3? Apparently, the video card I just bought was supposedly what was used at E3, although I'm taking whoever said that with a grain of salt. Devs tend to keep stuff like that behind closed doors. I just finalized my build by purchasing a 3GB EVGA GTX 580, which I plan to buy another to SLI with when the prices drop during the 600 series launch. That makes my specs as follows:

Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K i7 @ 3.4 GHZ
3GB EVGA GTX 580
8 GB Patriot DDR3 RAM (2x 4GB Dual Channel) @ PC 1600
1200 watt gold certified Antec PSU (high watts for impending GTX 580 SLI)
ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Motherboard

I am catching up to ya Dresden :devilish: I am SERIOUSLY hoping the 600 series get released this Christmas or else I am gonna have to go for the 3 gb 580s in SLI as well to go with my 990x!

It looks like they were playing on super low settings or something. Or going out of their way to take ugly screenshots. Or maybe console version :D

It looks like they were playing on super low settings or something. Or going out of their way to take ugly screenshots. Or maybe console version :D

it is taken from a pc for sure.. Fraps says 500 fps

AMD PhenomII 965 @ 4.5Gghz
4x2048MB DDR3-2133Mhz
2x 80GB Intel X-25 SSD on an Areca RAID controller.
1x GTX460, little bit clocked.

in bc2 i've never reached 500 fps whatever settings i used with similar system.. although it's alpha trial, optimization seems very good :smile:

Back