Battlefield 3 announced

Please read my posts properly - I use always use suppressed weapons. The autospotting i'm talking about is completely different and I want to know if anyone else has noticed it too. Though that being said I do play on 360 so it's probably easier to notice the autospotting on enemy killed since spotting is more difficult to do and less used than on PC (since you have to press the back button on 360).

I have read your post.. "properly" - just like I read in which forum you posted this question: ("PC Games")

Autospotting only happens when firing non-suppressed weapons.

I never noticed your described behavior on PC as I'm often around teammates and their screams and curses tell me an enemy is near and the minimap will not show anything. Just like how you can go on a knifing streak and no-one will notice in multiplayer.

I posted in the PC forums because the hardcore BF3 players are most likely here (and the last post in the console thread was in Dec).

No, the autospotting i'm talking about is different to that when firing non-suppressed weapons.
For example, if you meet an enemy in a corridor somewhere and have a shoot out with him and win, you will be automatically spotted when you kill him - despite him not having pressed the spot key.

This only seems to happen if the enemy has a clear view of you when you kill him and not if you shoot him in the back, knife him, snipe him etc.

What are everyone's thoughts on the recently announced 50 euro/dollar premium package with all the DLCs?

I'll get it. With around 250 hours played I'm still enjoying it and would like to get the DLCs, so it's good for me. Couldn't care much less about the cosmetic stuff - though for some reason I like the idea of a cool new knife.

I feel dirty for buying plemium. :D

Annoyingly, I did not get a discount for already owning B2K.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel dirty for buying plemium. :D

Annoyingly, I did not get a discount for already owning B2K.

I hope you ordered in in Russia or somewhere cheap by using a proxy, right? €30 is much better than €50..

See it as a BF3 Limited edition pre-order bonus discount.

I hope you ordered in in Russia or somewhere cheap by using a proxy, right? €30 is much better than €50..

See it as a BF3 Limited edition pre-order bonus discount.
No, and converted into euro, the price was €60.

Whatever, I can afford it.

The problem I have with the Premium package is this:

"queue priority into servers"

There will now be two player tiers:
a) those who bought the game
b) those who bought the game and will never have to wait to play

The exclusive double xp events are bad enough but hey, if someone wants to pay to experience less of the game, more power to them. Priority queues however are a big no no.

I really have no idea what I'm going to do. It's not the price, I was planning on getting at least 3 of the 4 new DLCs anyway. But next year or next game there will be a time where I won't find value in it but I'll still want to enjoy the game I paid for whenever I feel like it and not whenever an artificial priority queue says I can.

Don't worry, us Premium folks still have to wait for the VIPs though.

Seeing as how many people already have premium, the congested servers (10+ queue) won't be experienced any differently I think. instead of waiting behind 11 common folk, I now have to wait for 9 other Premium players.

I also hardly ever wait in a queue unless I know there's a party going on there, the servers with 80% population are much better to hang out at.

And double XP is only for .. the newbs I guess? I'm afraid to push the "wipe stats" button, although I'm sure it will be great for my average statistics. but at this point, aren't we all way past the point in time that we NEED X XP to give us that one extra unlock? EA already dovetailed that with the "unlock" packs (kit shortcut) so XP only translates into superficial differences, a shinier dogtag and different rank symbol. Great, but this L1 guy has exactly the same guns as this L100 guy, because he spent $10 more. If people want shortcuts, they'll go for that route but I really doubt that over half a year after launch, people are still struggling to unlock that certain weapon.

And I'm probably a tool for buying everything battlefield except for that Modern Combat crap on the xbox.

What are everyone's thoughts on the recently announced 50 euro/dollar premium package with all the DLCs?

If it was all the DLC *and* all the content **UNLOCKED** (ahem, no more grinding, give me every gun, ever attachment, etc) I would consider it.

Sad I would pay to unlock the content in the game I paid $60 for... I cannot see paying another $50 for a game I don't have the time (!) to actually play what I paid for because I am not good enough to unlock it. :oops:

Just came to say that I am playing the CQuarters on the ps3 and its damn awesome ! The only reason I got Premium there is cos I could share the cost with another friend(psn content can be played on 2 ps3s) and that brought the price down to what I would have anyway paid for the CQ DLC itslef.
So, I got premium for around Rs950, which is around $18. It was a steal, I had to. :p

But frankly speaking, except for the fact that I will now get a ll DLC,I don' see any difference. The que priority thing doesn't matter, its not as if I am in the game instantly, I am still in que, being 2nd in or 5th doesn't matter, you are anyways gonna shift to another server if u r short of time.

But one things for sure: THE NEW MAPS ROCKKKK !!!! Escpecially for a console they are too damn beautiful .....and gameplay is super fun due to mulitple routes and lines of sights which you learn over time :D ! and did I say Gun Master mode is ridiculous amounts of fun !

Good to hear. I'm still more looking forward to the vehicle-focussed maps though as I've played infantry stuff to death in other games. Vehicles is what makes BF3 great :)

That said, small infantry stuff can be fun if the density of players is low enough, and those sorts of maps can work well at LAN parties, etc.

I'm holding off with DLC for now. Premium seems to be a bit pricey at the moment for what it is (I dislike EA way of milking money and rather wait for SALE). Besides I still have plenty of fun on older maps in BF3 though Close Quarters is a very nice addition I will have to get at some point.

I waited with BF3 because I had a feeling they would bring out a "complete" version after some months, the Premium offer is still too expensive though IMO

I don't really like how BF3 is handled...Extra maps unable to "normal" users is one thing, but Premium getting extra guns and such that normal doesn't(as well as the queue priority)? It feels like the model in the f2p games

I waited with BF3 because I had a feeling they would bring out a "complete" version after some months, the Premium offer is still too expensive though IMO

I don't really like how BF3 is handled...Extra maps unable to "normal" users is one thing, but Premium getting extra guns and such that normal doesn't? It feels like the model in the f2p games

So far it's exactly the same as BF2.

players buy the expansion, get maps and guns, guns can also be used in normal maps.

Nothing changed at all these years.

How does Valve manage to go with no paid DLC for TF2 all these years? I know there is the Mann Co store but that stuff is superfluous and still possible to find without paying.

I fucking hate paid DLC, not only because I don't like having to pay for updates but because it fractures the player base.

Good to hear. I'm still more looking forward to the vehicle-focussed maps though as I've played infantry stuff to death in other games. Vehicles is what makes BF3 great :)

That said, small infantry stuff can be fun if the density of players is low enough, and those sorts of maps can work well at LAN parties, etc.

The maps are fantastic, especially SCRAPMETAL ! It grows on you as you play. At first it seems like a simple map, but its got so many multiple routes from and to each objective that its always possible to reroute, take a safer route to the objective, flank the whole squad sitting there and capture. Its insanely fun :p ! Its already my most fav MP map ever.......in any game. It takes time to fully grasp it, and thats the whole fun. There are always options, always.
Donya Fortress is good too, so is Ziba Tower. Operation 925 is good on the ground floor and up , don't enjoy the underground parking objective, or maybe I haven't figured it out yet.
This DLC is worth getting buddies, even if u don't want premium. Though, premium is priced much much cheaper in our country, so its a no brainer. I was afraid that the quality of DLCs might not be worth it, but CQC maps are even betrer designed than the vanilla BF3 maps. Yes, they are different, but the fun factor is really high here and virtually no choke poiints anywhere as every position has another route leading to it.

I had thought DICE wouldn't know Close quarters gameplay, but they have turned out to tbe the kings of it. This beats MW3 totally out of water for me. In fact I sold MW3 yesterday, i had got it last month to try it out. I was hooked but CQC maps are head and shoulders above anything MW3 has to offer in maps. If this is an indication of thw quality of DLC Dice will be offereing, then premium is totally worth buying.

Back