Battlefield 3 announced

Oh look at him back-pedaling! Too late, sucka, your foot is deeply embedded in your mouth.

@homerdog as I said before it was BF2 that made me decide to stay away from multiplayer fps. I could believe the levels of assclownery going on.

Err, everyone who played BF3 MP more than 5 min knows that all bigtaps says about surpression is true...err, and like he said, there is really no reason to discuss 'opinions' about something that is a fact?!?!?

I played recently more 'normal' mode...my new theory: hardcore mode which I typically prefer is a little bit unbalanced in BF3...towards sniper and sniper kills...I suppose that the game is balanced for normal mode, and just works better in normal mode.

hence, last games I played in normal mode are a bit better...they were still games which are highly unblananced (more than 200 tickets difference)...

Spot the difference Chilly?
gNqGB.jpg

50lf2.jpg

Pretty much done with this unless voice chat is ever implemented. Just a frustrating experience constantly due to the inability to communicate efficienlty.

Too bad I can't trade it in....

Pretty much done with this unless voice chat is ever implemented. Just a frustrating experience constantly due to the inability to communicate efficienlty.

Too bad I can't trade it in....

1. Join a platoon etc.
2. Use their ventrillo / teamspeak / mumble / tin cans and string
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Yeah we have a mumble server set up, so if you're ever online at similar times to west coast north america, come play with us :) It's not like we don't have a decent community of players here in any case, so I'm sure we can coordinate VOIP. I personally never play the game without a few friends on VOIP.

If you're really that competitive though, seriously consider joining a clan. I used to play 1942 competitively in a clan and the experience with two organized teams is awesome, and nothing like public play. It also makes you a lot more chill about pub play, as it's just never going to be "serious" in comparison :)

Will do! Hoping to play a bit this weekend (or maybe tomorrow night) if my new schedule (adjusted by having our first baby) allows. :)

Gratz on having a baby!
Boy or girl? Normally it doesn't matter, just different kind of games they play when growing up :D. Mine loves Forza series, Banjo Kazooie and Death Tanks. He's a racer! BF3 not allowed yet as he's 10!

Sorry for OT and real shame we can't (comfortably) play on one server as I'm UK based.
Yesterday I had a blast on Metro conquest with small teams (up to 12 a side). Great fun after one hacker left.

Gratz on having a baby!
Boy or girl? Normally it doesn't matter, just different kind of games they play when growing up :D. Mine loves Forza series, Banjo Kazooie and Death Tanks. He's a racer! BF3 not allowed yet as he's 10!
Hehe thanks. Yeah I'll have to find some fun games for us both to play as he grows up :) Luckily we're living in a time with a huge number of options.

@Robert: turned out to be too busy this weekend :S Might happen tonight but otherwise sometime this week. I'll PM you in any case.

I was wondering about a few quirks of the spotting system.

It seems to me that you are automatically spotted if you kill an enemy who can see you (ie regardless of whether he presses the spot key or not).

This is extremely annoying for me as I like to play recon behind enemy lines with a suppressor and radio beacon and this bloody autospotting gives my position away anytime I encounter an enemy close quarters and finish him off but take significant damage as then i'll hang low somewhere trying to recover health only to have his teamates follow the red triangle to where i'm hiding and finish me off.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems to me that you are automatically spotted if you kill an enemy who can see you (ie regardless of whether he presses the spot key or not).

This is extremely annoying for me as I like to play recon behind enemy lines with a suppressor and radio beacon and this bloody autospotting gives my position away anytime I encounter an enemy/QUOTE]

fact: you don't get spotted on the minimap if you use a weapon with suppressor.

the best way to see this for yourself is to play with the mortar, go with three friends on an empty and test killing him with and without surpressor.

Please read my posts properly - I use always use suppressed weapons. The autospotting i'm talking about is completely different and I want to know if anyone else has noticed it too. Though that being said I do play on 360 so it's probably easier to notice the autospotting on enemy killed since spotting is more difficult to do and less used than on PC (since you have to press the back button on 360).

Back