Batman Begins

John Reynolds said:
Well, the jump cut editing during action sequences was a bit disappointing, but other than that it's probably the best comic book film yet.

Haven't seen it yet. Currently, Spawn is the best IMHO. I love that comic AND the movie!

_xxx_ said:
Haven't seen it yet. Currently, Spawn is the best IMHO. I love that comic AND the movie!
I liked the first punisher movie, personally. Not sure how close to the comic books it was though.

epic

I was just checking imdb.com when i ran into this tidbit of trivia:

Before Christopher Nolan took over, director Darren Aronofsky was attached to make a Batman movie based on the graphic novel "Batman: Year One" and have the author Frank Miller write the screenplay. By 2003 there was a first draft screenplay with story boards, which are properties of AOL Time Warner. Warner's decision for not producing the film is unknown, but based on the details that have since leaked out, it would probably have to do with the screenplay, which strayed a considerable amount from the source material, making Alfred an African-American mechanic named "Big Al," the Batmobile being a suped-up Lncoln Towncar, and Bruce Wayne being homeless, among other things. This is all detailed in 'David Hughes' ' book "Tales from Development Hell."

Diplo said:
Guden Oden said:
Anyway, Bale as batman... Can it be anything other than great? He's one of the best actors around, no doubt about it.
I'm really interested in seeing him in El Maquinista (The Machinist) as it sounds a really interesting premise (IMDB Link). For the film Bale starved himself down from 184 lbs to 121 lbs (83 kg to 55kg) - that's a loss of 63lb (28.5kg). Now that is commitment to playing a role :oops:

Although i generally like this kind of movies, this one was somewhat disappointing - there was very little actual going on even for me and i usually don't mind such movies.
It wasn't bad, but not a movie i would keep in my movie collection.

John Reynolds said:
Natoma said:
Going with a friend to the 7:30pm IMAX showing tonight. About 3 hours from now. Yay!

Nearest IMAX is an hour's drive away. But I'm tempted to go for a second viewing.

Saw it last night.

Natoma's Review: BAD-FUCKING-ASS!!!!!!

This was, bar none, the best comic book film I've ever seen. And a damn good film to boot as well. It was just so well done in every facet. It just felt perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I was filled with glee during the film. And what made it better was that we had perfect seats in the IMAX. About 6 rows up, dead smack in the middle. Couldn't see anything but screen.

EVERYONE MUST GO SEE THIS FILM!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its a good flic, though I liked Sin City a lot more.

Christian Bale is a pretty good Bruce Wayne, but not so great as Batman (his deep voice sounds Hokey).

The whole training sequence in Tibet is completely unbelievable, and rather ridiculously badly acted (surprisingly Liam Neeson is the culprit). Some of the 'im here for justice' lines are boring. Batman is all about revenge, yet they moved away from that in this movie trying to make a rather bizarre comprimise. I thought he needed more indestructable fire/will to make the character believable, considering what he turns into.

I didn't like the Bat car (err I mean tank) that much.

I also didn't think he had enough time to truly become Batman, you would think he would need so much more training to even be the man he was in prison.

Also a few stupid scenes (like when the batcar suddenly appears out of nowhere, randomly in front of Gordon in the slums).

Katie Holmes has no role and plays it poorly. Though the Scarecrow villian was damn good, I liked him a lot.

<SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

The biggest plot hole was the microwave device. It somehow could vaporize all the water in the mains, but not all the water in people standing right next to it.

But, c'est la vie.

And yes, Scarecrow was one of the best villians they've had in a while.

RussSchultz said:
<SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

The biggest plot hole was the microwave device. It somehow could vaporize all the water in the mains, but not all the water in people standing right next to it.

But, c'est la vie.

It's a focussed device, and it's pointing straight down at the water mains. You could see that from when it's on the train and travelling into the city. They pretty much tell you it's a focussed device when they first describe it.

I'm pretty certain batman/liam neesan ended up "in front of" the device at one time or another.

Anyways, it was just a minor nitpick.

RussSchultz said:
I'm pretty certain batman/liam neesan ended up "in front of" the device at one time or another.

Yeap I would agree about this. And do agree it was one heck of good flick. I have not liked the other Batman movies but this was very good.

jb said:
RussSchultz said:

Yeap I would agree about this. And do agree it was one heck of good flick. I have not liked the other Batman movies but this was very good.

actualy the weapons output is facing down. So no one actualy goes under it :) That is how it is aimed because on the tran is it horizontal . So to hit the water pipes that are under them it would have to be shot downward .

epicstruggle said:
I was just checking imdb.com when i ran into this tidbit of trivia:

Before Christopher Nolan took over, director Darren Aronofsky was attached to make a Batman movie based on the graphic novel "Batman: Year One" and have the author Frank Miller write the screenplay. By 2003 there was a first draft screenplay with story boards, which are properties of AOL Time Warner. Warner's decision for not producing the film is unknown, but based on the details that have since leaked out, it would probably have to do with the screenplay, which strayed a considerable amount from the source material, making Alfred an African-American mechanic named "Big Al," the Batmobile being a suped-up Lncoln Towncar, and Bruce Wayne being homeless, among other things. This is all detailed in 'David Hughes' ' book "Tales from Development Hell."

apparently in the new superman clark goes into space to see what really happened to krypton and when he comes back years later lois has a baby with another guy .

I don't know wtf these people get to make these scripts but they are bad. Why can't they just give fans what they want . Superman sells well with out this bastard child .

jvd said:
actualy the weapons output is facing down. So no one actualy goes under it :)
Except when batman swings below the train.
That is how it is aimed because on the tran is it horizontal . So to hit the water pipes that are under them it would have to be shot downward .
So why did all the pipes burst on the ship? Why didn't it sink in a giant cauldron of boiling water when the device was activated? The orientation was identical in the train as it was on the ship, unless the outward orientation doesn't indicate where the weapon is aimed.

And why, then, when the device was activated in the narrows, did all the pipes all over burst, instead of the ones right below it?

Again, its all nitpicky stuff, and the movie was good enough to allow myself the suspension of my disbelief.

Except when batman swings below the train.
he isn't under that car . Its a big train :)

So why did all the pipes burst on the ship? Why didn't it sink in a giant cauldron of boiling water when the device was activated? The orientation was identical in the train as it was on the ship, unless the outward orientation doesn't indicate where the weapon is aimed
The pipes ran under the floor where it was put and the running water constantly evaporated untill the pipes all burst .

As for the ocean , well the ship has alot of metal that stoped it :- )

Back